• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Kabooooooom Thread

Re: Kaboul - deserves some recognition

How...just how the fudge have we gone from Kaboul being out for a couple of games to suddenly 4 MONTHS?? What did he even do to himself? GHod, this really could fudge our season before it's begun. Gallas was appalling on Saturday and that was at home to WBA...

Yeah Gallas was diabolical last week - I don't think him and Vertonghen can play together tbh, a strong forward will take advantage of their lack of physicality (i.e. like Lukaku did). Not ideal when we're trying to get other deals done; one more thing to worry about sorting.

It's just so out of the blue. I'm sure the team news last week was on the lines of "Gallas is stepping in for Kaboul who should be back for Norwich", and if you look on physioroom.com it says he's back on 1st Sept! I don't understand how a medical team can be so incompetent to not see a 4-month injury. Once again our physios show themselves up...

It's just so out of the blue. I'm sure the team news last week was on the lines of "Gallas is stepping in for Kaboul who should be back for Norwich", and if you look on physioroom.com it says he's back on 1st Sept! I don't understand how a medical team can be so incompetent to not see a 4-month injury. Once again our physios show themselves up...

Or the club saw no need to inform anyone about this, inconveniencing themselves in the process. They are not obligated to report everything that happens to players or staff and informing the world of a long term injury could impact on potential transfer deals, give our opponents a heads-up and so on.

Ties in with the ITK about a possible short term defender deal for someone experienced - was it Jasper?

Dont know whether we are cursed, defender-wise, aor there is soemthing wrong with our training methods, but I cant believe the season is 2 games old and already we have a defender out for 4 f#ckin months.
wtf is going on?

I thought once Ledley had retired we might find some consistency at the back, so much for that idea ](*,)

Just heard the news, damn.

I guess Caulker will have to step up now as backup to Verts and Gallas. What is it about us and injured centre-backs :frown:

Moving to new training centre next week. Fingers crossed all that fancy technology does something useful. I've heard the pitches at Spurs lodge aren't always the best.

Anyone still happy with a Kaboul/Verts/Gallas/caulker CB 4some?

Thank fudge we havent sold Dawson

Im gutted,, and angry,, Damm this is such a blow. He is the so crucial, his speed, strength and superb heading ability,, damm

Oh fudge. That was the last thing we needed. Our best center back out for half the season, or perhaps longer as I expect he will need time to get back to fitness after the injury is healed. A huge blow for us.
Now I think we need to look for a quality center back too if we want to save our season. We certainly can't sell Dawson. But even Vertonghen/Gallas/Caulker/Daws isn't good enough. We need to get someone of proven quality in within these next couple of days.

if verts is quick enough as some has said then i have full confidence in a daws / verts partnership...or a gallas and daws or verts partnership........or caulker and whoever

our best cb is still Gallas..he is still fit..and i need to add him to my dream team...and mayuka as well..and kagawa

Yeah Gallas was diabolical last week - I don't think him and Vertonghen can play together tbh, a strong forward will take advantage of their lack of physicality (i.e. like Lukaku did). Not ideal when we're trying to get other deals done; one more thing to worry about sorting.

C'mon James Gallas wasn't diabolical last week.

There aren't many like Lukaku. And i can confidently say that all defenders bar none will be open to that kind of treatment this season. If the mans a beast you can only do your best.

Gallas will play his part this season..........and the majority of the time we will be thankful.

Terrible news, compounded by AVB saying it makes no difference to getting shot of Dawson.
Doesn't he realise that this club is incapable of going through a season without having 6 centre backs injured at the same time?

Kaboul is starting back training on monday.
AVB - "It's going to be his first training session since August so we have to be very careful..." "He has to catch up, but with the tremendous willingness he has to come back, hopefully [back] within 2 to 3 weeks."

Back