• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Kabooooooom Thread

Re: Return of Younes could be vital in many ways

It's hard to see where he'll fit in again this season. He's been out for so long he'll be rusty and it'll be a huge risk to throw him back in for any of our upcoming games. Kaboul's technical and physical attributes have never been in doubt, but the criticism people had of Kaboul was his reading of the game. He got far better at it last season which is why he came our best CB, but after a year out injured I'd be surprised if he doesn't make a few mistakes when he comes back in. I remember Ledley saying part of the reason he felt he got so good was because he spent a lot of time watching football, so perhaps it will have done him some good, but most people aren't Ledley and I'd be amazed if Kaboul's game doesn't suffer for the injury, at least this season anyway.

A fair set of points mate...he will be rusty for sure...here's to hoping that his reading has improved whilst rehabing/sitting on his arse watching games.

Even if he came back straight away on top form, our defence isn't our biggest concern. A far bigger worry is where our goals are going to come from without Bale. No wins in any competition without him scoring since New Year's Day.

Although maybe Kaboul coming back means we can play Vertonghen up front? \o/

I don't think Kaboul at RB will solve any problems, he hasn't played any reserve football yet has he? Going to be a while before he's back to his best, and his best at RB isn't going to lift us much in my opinion.

Even if he came back straight away on top form, our defence isn't our biggest concern. A far bigger worry is where our goals are going to come from without Bale. No wins in any competition without him scoring since New Year's Day.

Although maybe Kaboul coming back means we can play Vertonghen up front? \o/

Agreed to an extent, though it would mean Gallas wouldn't have to play again (too slow for a high line now) but it's more about releasing Vertonghen to play in midfield if need be...

Wouldn't mind chucking him in the Sandro role.

He could do it for 60-70 minutes and needs less mental sharpness than playing at the back would require.

Wouldn't mind chucking him in the Sandro role.

He could do it for 60-70 minutes and needs less mental sharpness than playing at the back would require.

Indeed, another option. That's the thing. he would provide some options, and against the 'lesser' sides, might be able to drive through and make things happen.

We might see a Younes - Caulker - Dawson - Vertonghen back four against Stoke. Atleast that's how i would line up.

I could definitely see Kaboul coming back and playing right back or most certainly a similar role to the one AVB played Romeu in at Chelsea

Why on earth is there an obsession around here to play players out of position? IIRC Kaboul has played DM before and looked like a headless chicken..

If anything, I'd out Vertonghen into midfield and play Kaboul alongside Daws, but that's still not ideal.. I'd play Hudd in CM well before Kaboul.

Why on earth is there an obsession around here to play players out of position? IIRC Kaboul has played DM before and looked like a headless chicken..

If anything, I'd out Vertonghen into midfield and play Kaboul alongside Daws, but that's still not ideal.. I'd play Hudd in CM well before Kaboul.

If someone has the attributes to play certain positions, it doesn't hurt to try them there, they may excel.

Bale was a left back, remember?

are we now counting on a player who has been out all season? oh dear

Defoe is the obvious one to step up. Without Bale, Defoe is the most likely , on form after Bale , he is our most dynamic player.

Is there any sign he will be ready and match fit anytime soon? I havent heard any official news about him for quite some time.

Agree. ROund pegs in round holes. One of Harry's big wekanesses was trying to shoe-horn his favourites in

No, just a reminder that he is meant to be coming back and this could be useful...

with this season almost over, and with us having more than enough cover in defence, id rather Kaboul took his time and got himself fully fit for next season

I'm fed up of this let's keep positive comment.
It doesn't matter how positive we are or not, it's not going to make our strikers score goals (not 'more' goals just goals!), it's not going to help the defence get stronger!
These things can only be influenced by the manager and when he brings on Dempsey in a game where we could have won AT HOME and totally destroys our momentum this is a massive problem for me.

Kaboul/Vert will make for a very interesting CB pairing, can't wait for next season to have Kaboul/Vert with Sandro/Dembele in front of them, and Lloris sweeping.

Very strong spine

I'm fed up of this let's keep positive comment.
It doesn't matter how positive we are or not, it's not going to make our strikers score goals (not 'more' goals just goals!), it's not going to help the defence get stronger!
These things can only be influenced by the manager and when he brings on Dempsey in a game where we could have won AT HOME and totally destroys our momentum this is a massive problem for me.

Wrong thread.

Without Lennon we seriously lack width. If he is going to keep having problems, we really need Walker at right back. He would be far and away our biggest wide threat. Younes at RCB could cover him with his pace, and is an absolute monster. I really would love to get him back in the team. Next to Vertonghen we would have an excellent CB pairing.

But at RB? I'm not so sure.

Maybe at DM, imagine him contesting long balls/ second balls, we could dominate possession. Parker hasn't been helping in this regard recently, we've missed Sandro sorely. Kaboul is no Sandro but he is a presence and is decent on the ball. Could be used like Pepe at Real...

Back