• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Kabooooooom Thread

yeah but he brought on those questions all by himself !

Said this in the match thread. But he looked good tonight because we were under the cosh, instinctive defending where he's bombarded with crosses and thinks to deal with he's good at. It's when he needs to think, or is given time to think about things where he makes mistakes

Re: Kaboul

Just so good today. Read everything, won everything. Just showed so much fight and heart, he knows about the NLD and he brought his passion.

In these derby games, for me, that is key. I have said it many times in the past we havent had enough players who 'get it'. Lennon does, VDV definitely did, Jenas did.
It appears their players, on most occasions, seem to want it more. Our squad has a long way to go in that respect, but yesterday was a step in the right direction. The addition of a few more of the local lads must help, the likes of Mason and Townsend will know what it means, I am still not sure the overseas imports quite 'get' what an NLD is all about.

Still, hats off to Kaboul, great display yesterday, lead from the front

Said this in the match thread. But he looked good tonight because we were under the cosh, instinctive defending where he's bombarded with crosses and thinks to deal with he's good at. It's when he needs to think, or is given time to think about things where he makes mistakes

That may be true in part; however even if it is instinctive you still have to position yourself and execute, and yesterday Kaboul did it really well. One swallow and all that.....; however lets hope it's a return to the powerhouse centre back of a few seasons back.

Sent from my iPad using Fapatalk HD

I think the more he plays the closer he will get to his previous level-just injuries that hinder him. If Poch thinks he is good enough,I'm going to trust him on this one...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

That may be true in part; however even if it is instinctive you still have to position yourself and execute, and yesterday Kaboul did it really well. One swallow and all that.....; however lets hope it's a return to the powerhouse centre back of a few seasons back.

Sent from my iPad using Fapatalk HD

You do, but in the games where the action is coming thick and fast you don't really have time to think about where to position yourself, it just kind of happens.

In the games where we aren't under much pressure and he has to think about things, his mind wanders, or the ball arrives at his feet and he thinks I'll bring this down and try and pass out of the back.

Yesterday his decisions were as simple as head the ball clear, kick the ball clear or get in the way of that shot. If he played his entire game that way he'd look a much much better player

I am inclined to agree with you, like Dawson he tends to struggle when he has to compete with raw pace, but then John Terry has made a whole career of it, you play deep and the key word is "positioning"

Apparently he's the fastest player at the club after Lennon and Walker

But wasn't that said from a while ago? I'm sure Chadli would be quicker and maybe a couple of others, plus should have lost a little pace. Still quick mind...

You do, but in the games where the action is coming thick and fast you don't really have time to think about where to position yourself, it just kind of happens.

In the games where we aren't under much pressure and he has to think about things, his mind wanders, or the ball arrives at his feet and he thinks I'll bring this down and try and pass out of the back.

Yesterday his decisions were as simple as head the ball clear, kick the ball clear or get in the way of that shot. If he played his entire game that way he'd look a much much better player

Poch's job to ensure he doesn't over complicate things and the player's job to work at it. I agree that if he didn't over complicate things and he can stay injury free, we will be glad e held onto him.

Anyone remember that game when Corluka sprinted back towards our goal and looked lighting quick haha.. Everyone thought he was slow as **** until that game, can't remember which one it was though?

Anyone remember that game when Corluka sprinted back towards our goal and looked lighting quick haha.. Everyone thought he was slow as **** until that game, can't remember which one it was though?

Yeah. Corluka has just so cultured, he didn't need to sprint.

Kaboul has perfectly fine pace for a CB, not amazing but good.

Corluka ran like he had the tightest hamstrings and joints ever, like he'd cacked himself.

Meanwhile Lamela has great stamina and runs like a true athlete with high leg lift, his knees come up high as he bounds and glides across the turf.

Another great natural athlete was Hutton, he used to glide across the turf and eat up the yards like it was no effort, shame he possibly allegedly threw it all away with poor lifestyle choices.

Kaboul has perfectly fine pace for a CB, not amazing but good.

Corluka ran like he had the tightest hamstrings and joints ever, like he'd cacked himself.

Meanwhile Lamela has great stamina and runs like a true athlete with high leg lift, his knees come up high as he bounds and glides across the turf.

Another great natural athlete was Hutton, he used to glide across the turf and eat up the yards like it was no effort, shame he possibly allegedly threw it all away with poor lifestyle choices.

Yeah, I'm more concerned about his brain farts, decision making and tendancy to let players like Carlton Cole bully him. Really hope he can improve on that as it could get ugly in more ways than one when he comes up against Diego Costa.

His best game since his injury problems started up. Hopefully he'll keep going like this! Real quality player when he's on form.

That was said a couple of seasons back, after a game in which we broke out with Bale, Walker & Lennon chasing Defoe (IIRC) hurtling forward. In the PMI Walker was asked which was actually the fastest, and he answered Kaboul who at the time was injured.

I was never sure whether this was an in-joke among the players. Also touched on in last few paragraphs of http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...er-rivals-find-ways-to-stifle-his-talent.html

As an aside .... the sooner Walker and his humour are back in the dressing room, the better.

A quick check has this as the 3-0 2nd leg against Inter 2013

He did very well against the Scum. He needs to be even more vocal throughout the game. Marshall the defensive line and make sure every marker is switched on.

Back