• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Kabooooooom Thread

He is turning into a monster, more composure and better reading of the game, he could be our Desailly in years to come.

If Kaboul and Verts can stay fit this season.... Oh boy, we have the best CB pair in the PL - no doubt in my mind.

Re: Kaboul

I wouldn't worry. We have done a good job of renewing contracts from at least around the time Lennon arrived. He had two quick new contracts (in less that two years) and it seems that all the important players get updated, notably Modric and Bale. Levy learnt the lesson with Campbell.

If Kaboul is considered an important player it will be handled. The club was obviously busy over the summer which could be convenient as it allows assessment of his injury before a new contract.

Re: Kaboul

Thought we had option for another year

I don't think this has been made clear either way by any reliable source. I include some intern written piece by givemesport in that no reliable source.

I wouldn't be surprised if we did have a clause for either another year or another two years. Levy really prefers those deals by the looks of things and Kaboul was pretty desperate to re-join us when we signed him from Pompey so it seems somewhat likely that a clause like that was inserted.

I wouldn't worry. We have done a good job of renewing contracts from at least around the time Lennon arrived. He had two quick new contracts (in less that two years) and it seems that all the important players get updated, notably Modric and Bale. Levy learnt the lesson with Campbell.

If Kaboul is considered an important player it will be handled. The club was obviously busy over the summer which could be convenient as it allows assessment of his injury before a new contract.

Levy's excellent record means that I'm not worried either.

If Kaboul and Verts can stay fit this season.... Oh boy, we have the best CB pair in the PL - no doubt in my mind.

tumblr_mk171u5SdL1rj01abo1_500.gif

I am afraid he will never play for regularly again. Can't seem to stay fit for for two games in a row without picking up a new injury.

We desperately need to bring in a center back with pace, as soon as possible.

He is finished, injury after injury and can't get fit for more than one game in a row.

people on here said his contract ends in the summer. Will get released and we should be looking for replacements now.

He is Ledley the 2nd

Ledley was worth the trouble because he was so fecking good regardless of no training whatsoever later on his career. Kaboul would be quality if we could keep him fit, but I don't know how he's going to win himself a new contract if he can hardly get on the pitch.

Lennon is another perenially injury prone player, although no to the extent of Kaboul. But Lennon always seems to have stints of 4-5 weeks on the sidelines every season.

Ledley was worth the trouble because he was so fecking good regardless of no training whatsoever later on his career. Kaboul would be quality if we could keep him fit, but I don't know how he's going to win himself a new contract if he can hardly get on the pitch.

Lennon is another perenially injury prone player, although no to the extent of Kaboul. But Lennon always seems to have stints of 4-5 weeks on the sidelines every season.

Totally.

And agree about a new contract for Kaboul, he could be released, his Spurs career could well hinge in these next few months

We don't have much luck with CBs do we :(

King and Woodgate are both 33 years old now and could still be competing for a first team spot with Kaboul and Vertonghen were it not for all their injury problems.

We need a Kaboul replacement, or we need a Seb Bassong type to go alongside Dawson.

Our biggest problem defensively, imo, is our lack of good partnerships at centre-half. Someone needs to be good in the air, and one of them must be quick. Kaboul had all the tools a couple of seasons back, when he was fit. He could play alongside Ledey (who had lost his pace by then and was never that dominant in the air). THAT Kaboul would be a perfect partner for Vertonghen or Chiriches.

As it is, Dawson is the only player who can head it (Kaboul is done, I am guessing). And if he plays, he needs pace alongside him. His best football for us was alongside Seb Bassong. Vertonghen or Chiriches are no good as his partner.

And yet Vertonghen is our number 1 centre half. But he is no good in the air and he has no pace either, rendering him a crap partner for all of our other defenders. All wonderfully Spurs isn't it?

Back