• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Kabooooooom Thread

Some commentator said during one of the games in Hong Kong that Kaboul is carrying the same injury that ended Owen Hargreaves' career. I don't know if he knew what he was talking about, but it didn't sound too promising.

Doesn't look like he will be fit for the start of the season at least. He played 45 minutes in one of our first preseason matches and hasn't been seen since. Add that to the fact that he has been injured for a year already, and you would think that he still has sone way to go.

Some commentator said during one of the games in Hong Kong that Kaboul is carrying the same injury that ended Owen Hargreaves' career. I don't know if he knew what he was talking about, but it didn't sound too promising.

Doesn't look like he will be fit for the start of the season at least. He played 45 minutes in one of our first preseason matches and hasn't been seen since. Add that to the fact that he has been injured for a year already, and you would think that he still has sone way to go.

He was training during the end of last season and would likely have made an appearance in the first team if it weren't for a thigh strain (?) in one of the U21 games.

I can't believe he would have been playing then and now he would suddenly have issues that have developed over the summer.

Not sure we can rely on Kaboul long term as he is too injury-prone and taking very long time to recover. Hope we will buy a quality defender before the season starts.

And we sold caulker after all that?

crazy is the word. I know its a friendly but starting Livermore and Fryers there is very worrying indeed. Kaboom has no playing time, Verts might just be back in time and so rusty. And whats up with Dawson? we have from 5 centre backs to 3 injured ones. Even if we buy a new one he will be new to the premier league. Why oh why did they not keep Caulker until we had a replacement?

crazy is the word. I know its a friendly but starting Livermore and Fryers there is very worrying indeed. Kaboom has no playing time, Verts might just be back in time and so rusty. And whats up with Dawson? we have from 5 centre backs to 3 injured ones. Even if we buy a new one he will be new to the premier league. Why oh why did they not keep Caulker until we had a replacement?

I think after spending 50m on 3 players, Levy told AVB to sell a few players to recoup some money. So far we have sold Caulker for 15m and Dempsey for 6m, both of whom could have been good squad players for us. I can see us selling a few more players if Bale stays.

We didn't get £15m for Caulker :ross: If we managed to get that much then Levy is a bigger genius than I thought.

I think you meant £15m combined.

will probably play against Palace.

No point risking him in pre-season, you never saw Ledley King play in pre-season.

He has had a reaction after his operation, they are being extra safe in bringing him back I hope he makes it, the next couple of months will be decisive for Kaboul and Sandro, Benny has a long standing knee problem as well.

My surgeon told me that post operation, the knee ligament is actually stronger than it was before the injury. The thing is getting this message across to the brain which doubts the ability of the new knee to withstand the pressure of 100% effort in a game.

Personally it took a couple of months of half hearted indoor football before I felt I could trust it. Once you get that confidence it's full steam ahead. I guess Kaboul and Sandro aren't there yet in terms of having that confidence. It will come soon though, given their medical care, age, fitness and drive.

Kaboul sees end to injury woes
Sunday 11th August 2013 15:15

Tottenham defender Younes Kaboul is sure his injury troubles are well and truly behind him.

The absence of Gareth Bale cast a shadow over White Hart Lane yesterday as Spurs wrapped up their pre-season campaign with a 1-1 draw against Espanyol, but there were plenty of positives to be taken from the game - most notably the return of Kaboul and fellow long-term injury victim Sandro.

Having played brilliantly in the final year of Harry Redknapp's reign, Kaboul slotted straight into Villas-Boas' starting XI last summer, but his 2012-13 campaign was over after just one game due to a knee injury he suffered on the opening day at Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

The Frenchman battled his way back to full fitness in the spring but, much to his dismay, he tore a thigh muscle in an Under-21 game against Manchester United.

Kaboul sat out Spurs' first five pre-season games, casting doubt on whether he would be fit for the new campaign, but the Frenchman performed well as a second-half substitute against Espanyol and he cannot wait for the season to begin.

"It's been a long time for me since I played last. It's been a year now so I am fully happy to be back with the team," Kaboul said.

Kaboul found life tough on the sidelines. Unlike Bale, who chose not to turn up to cheer on his team-mates yesterday, Kaboul was a regular visitor to White Hart Lane last year when he was sidelined.

The former Portsmouth defender always sat on the back row of the bench behind the substitutes, even though he was not required to.

Although being within touching distance of the pitch made him feel like he was still part of the squad, it also proved to be an agonising experience for the player.

"That was very hard," Kaboul said. "I was here to support the team, but it was terrible.

"Sometimes you just want to go on the pitch, take the ball and go and score. To sit there all the time was hard for me.

"When you see your team struggling, or winning, you want to be with them. Win or lose, you want to be with them and that was a big frustration.

"I missed football so, so much. I was very angry when I tore my quad at the end of last season, but this summer I got myself right to be ready for this season and now I hope the injuries are behind me.

"I was in good form so I hope to be back even better than I was when I left. Now I feel fit but I will have a good week again before the Crystal Palace game (on Sunday). I have to be ready for next Sunday."

The Tottenham team Kaboul returns to is very different to the last one he played in.

Indeed only three players who started against Espanyol yesterday were in the team that lost to Saudi Sportswashing Machine on August 18, 2012.

Hugo Lloris and Mousa Dembele joined shortly after the game at St James' Park, but Spurs failed to make the top four last season so chairman Daniel Levy strengthened the squad by spending £50million on Roberto Soldado, Nacer Chadli and Paulinho this summer.

Kaboul has been so impressed by the new additions that he thinks Champions League qualification is well within the team's grasp.

"We are going to have to be in the top four this season," he said.

"Last season we missed it by nothing so this year we have to be there.

"The new signings are very good. This season is looking very good for us.

"Andre has done a magnificent job for the club. He broke the points record last season and this season will be even better for him and us."

--------------------------------------

Nice to see Kaboul back. Thought he was still out injured. Also, he seems to have good attitute off the field as well, always coming to give moral support to the team when he is not playing.

Sounds like his knee has been ready for months - Apr May Jun Jul Aug - so he should be ready to rock n roll. Hopefully!

“I was ready to come back [in April] but unfortunately I tore my quad against Man United in the reserves so that delayed my comeback with the team.

“I was very angry about that and this summer I got myself right to be ready for this season, and now I hope the injuries are behind me.

I am so happy that I don't have to go all week dreading the possibility of a Fryers Livermore cb pairing. Dawson is fit, and Kaboul might be involved, I can sleep again now.

Fans inspired me - Younes

A4862_zps8f248c02.jpg

Younes Kaboul immediately thanked the fans after his return to action on Saturday.

The French defender played the second half of the 1-1 draw against Espanyol at White Hart Lane.

It was his first senior appearance in almost a year after recovering from a serious knee injury - his last outing at Saudi Sportswashing Machine on the opening day of 2012-13 last August.

“It felt very good and I want to say a big thanks to the Spurs fans,” said Younes. “They’ve supported me for a year now and what they’ve done for me is incredible.

“I’ve never had that before and I want to say thanks.

“Their support inspires me, gives me more strength and power. Now I want to give them something back this season.

“I feel good, that’s the important thing. My body feels okay and I hope my injuries are now behind me.”

Back