• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Kabooooooom Thread

Not young anymore. He cant get himself fit enough for the squad let alone a run of games.

sadly he is finished for us and will be released in the summer.

Very good partnership together. First time theyve ever played together in the Premier League at centre half? Cleansheet, as we expected.

No game now for 8 days, Kaboul gets a nice rest.

Always been a beast of a centre half, has Younes. Just gotta get him fit. Not quite Ledley in his prime - but not far off. Immense tonight, let's hope he can stay fit, Vertonghen + Kaboul is the way forward.

Very good partnership together. First time theyve ever played together in the Premier League at centre half? Cleansheet, as we expected.

No game now for 8 days, Kaboul gets a nice rest.
We should get him a clear schedule like: first 4 days, leaving the bed only for bladder reasons(hire a nurse for food, male nurse so no chance of any unneccesary activity). Next 4 days short walks around the block. He should move and live inside the stadium, so no injury will occur during transportation on match day. Any other suggestions to add, I feel this isn't enough and we will loose him again?

I don't want to turn this into an anti-Dawson thread... but by GHod was he and we good tonight. He showed he is ten times the player dawson is and he's barely played fror two years. He big and strong like Dawson, but much quicker, infinitely better technically, and supports the attack superbly. Kaboul and Vertonghen are a fantastic pairing and hope Tim thinks the same!!

We should get him a clear schedule like: first 4 days, leaving the bed only for bladder reasons(hire a nurse for food, male nurse so no chance of any unneccesary activity). Next 4 days short walks around the block. He should move and live inside the stadium, so no injury will occur during transportation on match day. Any other suggestions to add, I feel this isn't enough and we will loose him again?

:lol:

He was so good tonight. Won some great tackles, just getting his toe to the ball and stabbing it away from the strikers feet, kept pace with their front men and just imposed himself. The best part was that he was always looking for the right pass, not smacking it long, never hacking it out. One time in the first half down near the right touch line he just nudged the ball around the player and ran on to it as nonchalantly as you like.

I don't want to turn this into an anti-Dawson thread... but by GHod was he and we good tonight. He showed he is ten times the player dawson is and he's barely played fror two years. He big and strong like Dawson, but much quicker, infinitely better technically, and supports the attack superbly. Kaboul and Vertonghen are a fantastic pairing and hope Tim thinks the same!!

I agree totally, its a natural centre back pairing with those two if we are going to play a high defensive line. I love Dawson as he gives everything but if Kaboul is fit he must start ahead of him.

Props to Kaboul for tonights game, not an easy reintroduction but a superb display that helped inspire us to victory.

lets hope he can prove his fitness by the end of the season as i don't hold out much hope of a new contract for him otherwise.

Hang about - where is the "Why doesn't Kaboum get picked for England?" thread ?

Oh - he's not qualified - whereas Dawson isn't quality.

Kaboul & Vertonghen played their first Premier League game in central defence together tonight.

And we won 4-0.

Coincidence?

I think not.

Kaboul & Vertonghen played their first Premier League game in central defence together tonight.

And we won 4-0.

Coincidence?

I think not.

They look good together, but making such assumptions after 1 game together is way off. It's like that good match made by Lamela against Sheriff, everybody was drooling over him like he was pamela anderson at age 20. Look how that turned out...

They look good together, but making such assumptions after 1 game together is way off. It's like that good match made by Lamela against Sheriff, everybody was drooling over him like he was pamela anderson at age 20. Look how that turned out...

Pamela turned out great.

Great to have him back tonight. Put in a top class performance, and showed what we have missed when he was out. Okay, it was a poor Saudi Sportswashing Machine side, but it was a very promising performance. Seemed to still have that yard of pace too, which I was concerned he might have lost after such a long spell out. If he can stay fit for the rest of the season, it might just make the difference for us.

And we won 4-0.

Coincidence?

I think not.

One for the stats fans is that we have never lost or let in a goal in the Premier league with Kabs and Verts at CB.

Ever since we bought Vertonghen I knew that him and Kaboul would be by qualities and performance, the right first choice pairing for us. Hopefully Younes can have a decent run of games to the end of the season, enjoy the summer fine tuning his fitness and ready to hit the ground running next season with a full and proper pre season.

I really think that with the signing of a decent quality LB intergrated into a back line with Verts, Kaboul and Walker that we would be very solid in terms of our GA column.

Back