• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

Re: Lewis Holtby

I never usually comment on itk which is why i have not been in "that" thread on this section. But i am interested in this player and i have followed him recently on the itv4 german round up show.

One thing i find odd is how i have read in the last week that it was his FATHER that was english but this guy is saying his mother........give these tossers enough rope and they always hang themselves, just wish some of them actually would hang themselves.

He didn't say that Holtby had said anything about his mum being English did he? It sounds like this is what he thinks.

Take it like any itk, interesting to read ... that's it!

When I read this I was interested for a few minutes afterwards, then I just got on with what I do! Why don't you just do the same instead of pouring scorn on it?

Clint will still be around as a squad player as he can play in a variety of positions. We need depth, and I guess Sigurdsson could be in a midfield three at times? It's not all black and white, we may even sign this guy in the summer and get a good offer for Sigurdsson that we may not be able to turn down? You never know. No harm in signing someone young like this when the opportunity arises for a next to nothing (obviously wages, sign-on fee etc) if AvB thinks he's good enough, rather than him going to a good team.

I think this manager intends to try and win all the trophies we go in for, and as such, there will be enough games for all concerned in the future...

From what I have read Holtby can play wide as well. Sounds like a very useful player.

If reports are right that we're leading the pack in getting his signature I wonder if we'll try to get him in straight away. Part of me thinks that if AVB and Freund really rate him highly they will try to get him to the club in January, while if we wait until the summer it's more of a "take a punt on a free" type project. Obviously also depends on what Schalke would demand as a transfer fee as well.

I think him coming in the summer gives him more of a stable start to his Tottenham career. Full pre season to settle in to the system and get fit. If he came in now he'd be expected to work miracles straight away or be labelled as complete toss and a waste of money. He is only 22, I think him coming in the summer is the best option.

Only issue is that it obviously doesn't help us in the meantime. We are still just one injury away from being fudged, without Dembele we struggle. But if seemingly the only option that we have found to improve our squad situation I'd rather not spend 25m on one player in the January transfer window, it just seems too much of a gamble to me. I wouldn't mind being proved wrong though of course.

Would much rather get in a creative CM on loan to cover Dembele and have Holtby lined up for the summer and have much more money to spend on the strikeforce, the area that inspires me the least when I look at the teamsheet.

As I said earlier in the thread, I'm only really going on Holtby's reputation though, have not seen him play enough and I don't pretend to.

From what I have read Holtby can play wide as well. Sounds like a very useful player.

If reports are right that we're leading the pack in getting his signature I wonder if we'll try to get him in straight away. Part of me thinks that if AVB and Freund really rate him highly they will try to get him to the club in January, while if we wait until the summer it's more of a "take a punt on a free" type project. Obviously also depends on what Schalke would demand as a transfer fee as well.

A loan until the summer?

He didn't say that Holtby had said anything about his mum being English did he? It sounds like this is what he thinks.

Take it like any itk, interesting to read ... that's it!

When I read this I was interested for a few minutes afterwards, then I just got on with what I do! Why don't you just do the same instead of pouring scorn on it?

I enjoy this transfer section and think it is an excellent addition to the website because i like to discuss players that i or others think would be good at the club, or players we are talked about signing in the press. But lets be clear this itk stuff is flimflam, i do not go in the itk threads on purpose and i understand that from time to time itk might creep into normal threads. But itk is flimflam attention seeking freaks is not interesting what some virgin typing on his mums laptop in a council house in croydon thinks.

I pour scorn on it because that i my personality, it fits in with a certain type of english person of a certain age who thinks that these itk people are pathetic freaks, i mean i could come up with some itk if you want. Or how about we just act normal and suggest players we think we should sign, like i did last month with bentake.

Not meaning to sound like im having a go at you because i don't feel that to you im just explaining myself.

As for Holtby i like the look of him and enjoy this thread and hope people will talk about what they think he might bring to the team and where he might play and in place of who etc.

From what I've read, while he can play out wide, it's not where we'll get the best out of him.

If reports are true, it seems that we'll sign him on a pre contract this month but that he'll stay at Schalke for the remainder of the season. I don't think that that makes him a "take a punt on a free type project", though. It would probably have more to do with Schalke preferring to keep him for the remainder of the season and therefore asking an unrealistic price to buy out the remaining six months of his contract. And if that was the case, there's no way that Daniel would play ball!

I think him coming in the summer gives him more of a stable start to his Tottenham career. Full pre season to settle in to the system and get fit. If he came in now he'd be expected to work miracles straight away or be labelled as complete toss and a waste of money. He is only 22, I think him coming in the summer is the best option.

Only issue is that it obviously doesn't help us in the meantime. We are still just one injury away from being fudged, without Dembele we struggle. But if seemingly the only option that we have found to improve our squad situation I'd rather not spend 25m on one player in the January transfer window, it just seems too much of a gamble to me. I wouldn't mind being proved wrong though of course.

Would much rather get in a creative CM on loan to cover Dembele and have Holtby lined up for the summer and have much more money to spend on the strikeforce, the area that inspires me the least when I look at the teamsheet.

As I said earlier in the thread, I'm only really going on Holtby's reputation though, have not seen him play enough and I don't pretend to.

I don't think that's true. While certain gooners and sections of the media might call him toss if he did nothing for half a season, that half season is undoubtedly going to leave him more settled in than if we signed him in the summer. I never think that much should be expected of January signings (unless they are to correct obvious weak points in the squad, as with Keane, Defoe and Palacios when Harry took over). Surely it would be in his first full season that proper, valid criticism would start to be levelled at him should his performances not be up to scratch?

Signing him now would not prevent us from also signing some CM cover. Although I would be interested to see a fully fit Hudd again, it's been a long time but he was excellent in the season we came 4th (albeit next to a more creative and important midfielder in Modric). I feel it for Huddlestone but obviously his performances earlier in the season were not good enough. Too soon to write him off though? We also have Tom Carroll although I have no idea how good he would be if handed a starting role for a couple of games...

From what I've read, while he can play out wide, it's not where we'll get the best out of him.

If reports are true, it seems that we'll sign him on a pre contract this month but that he'll stay at Schalke for the remainder of the season. I don't think that that makes him a "take a punt on a free type project", though. It would probably have more to do with Schalke preferring to keep him for the remainder of the season and therefore asking an unrealistic price to buy out the remaining six months of his contract. And if that was the case, there's no way that Daniel would play ball!

I think this is the most plausible outcome if we do end up getting him.

I don't think that's true. While certain gooners and sections of the media might call him toss if he did nothing for half a season, that half season is undoubtedly going to leave him more settled in than if we signed him in the summer. I never think that much should be expected of January signings (unless they are to correct obvious weak points in the squad, as with Keane, Defoe and Palacios when Harry took over). Surely it would be in his first full season that proper, valid criticism would start to be levelled at him should his performances not be up to scratch?

Signing him now would not prevent us from also signing some CM cover. Although I would be interested to see a fully fit Hudd again, it's been a long time but he was excellent in the season we came 4th (albeit next to a more creative and important midfielder in Modric). I feel it for Huddlestone but obviously his performances earlier in the season were not good enough. Too soon to write him off though? We also have Tom Carroll although I have no idea how good he would be if handed a starting role for a couple of games...

If we get him in now and don't get that ever elusive world class superstar that definitely wants to play for us if it only wasn't for a paperwork error you really think we're going to be patient with him? I just think with this player coming in the summer would be the best option. I think a more experienced player can come in and make a difference in January but it's asking a lot for a 22 year old to get to grips with a new dressing room, new country, new culture, new system of play, a new level of expectation and also having being on a completely different fitness regime to what the others will be. It will take time for him to settle in my opinion, I'm relatively sure he won't have a lot of mates in our team as I don't think he's played with any of them before, those kind of things can make settling in a little bit trickier.

I do like Carroll a lot, but I do think he needs his coming of age loan move as it'd be more beneficial playing regularly at a high level championship/low level premiership than a few EL games will be. As for Hudd, I'm really not sure with him. It's obvious we struggled with him in place of Dembele, we are most definitely walking a tightrope at the moment in my opinion.

If we get him in now and don't get that ever elusive world class superstar that definitely wants to play for us if it only wasn't for a paperwork error you really think we're going to be patient with him? I just think with this player coming in the summer would be the best option. I think a more experienced player can come in and make a difference in January but it's asking a lot for a 22 year old to get to grips with a new dressing room, new country, new culture, new system of play, a new level of expectation and also having being on a completely different fitness regime to what the others will be. It will take time for him to settle in my opinion, I'm relatively sure he won't have a lot of mates in our team as I don't think he's played with any of them before, those kind of things can make settling in a little bit trickier.

I do like Carroll a lot, but I do think he needs his coming of age loan move as it'd be more beneficial playing regularly at a high level championship/low level premiership than a few EL games will be. As for Hudd, I'm really not sure with him. It's obvious we struggled with him in place of Dembele, we are most definitely walking a tightrope at the moment in my opinion.

My point was that he is going to have to undergo all of that anyway, surely it is better to bring him in now, let him settle for half a season whilst playing a bit part, before unleashing a fully settled player with 7 months experience of what I have highlighted come the start of next season.

It will be very difficult to at once find a player capable of replacing Dembele but happy to deputise him also. This is the main issue with buying a new CM for me - if they are good enough, surely they will want to start? Unless we sign someone in the twilight of their career.. if that isn't too 'Arry' for some!

Holtby played as an inside forward in a front 3 when on loan at Mainz the other inside forward being Schurrle in the 10-11 season and that's where he started to make a name for himself, whilst also being able to play in the central positions he would fit in with AVB's preferred 4-3-3 system.

70k per week ?

i struggle to believe we'd be paying him anywhere near that

but then again according to the Scousers we're pay Sig 60k so i guess anythings possible

Holtby played as an inside forward in a front 3 when on loan at Mainz the other inside forward being Schurrle in the 10-11 season and that's where he started to make a name for himself, whilst also being able to play in the central positions he would fit in with AVB's preferred 4-3-3 system.

Fits the AVB type of player - versatle, hardworking and technical.

I wonder if we'll still get moutinho in then.

I wouldn't say they are mutally exclusive. Moutinho is Modric's replacement, whereas Holtby replaces Hudd?

Moutinho, Dembele, Sandro, Holtby and Siggy competing for the 3 CM berths would be pretty fantastic.

Would mean Parker, Hudd and Livermore all moving on over the next two windows I'd imagine.

A story in BILD on friday say that Spurs are offering him £3.5m a season and a sign-on fee of £500.000.

The article says that his agent has travelled to Qatar to meet a delegation from Spurs

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/l...en-ueber-4-mio-euro-gehalt-27946702.bild.html

£65k per week sounds reasonable enough, especially for a Bosman signing.

Back