• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

Re: Lewis Holtby

According to a few reports it seems as though this kid is on the verge of signing for us.

Would be a typical Levy deal considering he can join on a free in the summer or on reduced fee this january.
Can supposedly play the Dembele role or in the hole, although I've only seen him play the latter position.

I'm a little torn on this one. I prefer him to Eriksen especially as he'll be much cheaper, however money aside I would prefer Willian, Isco or Sneijder, but I totally get that we have limited funds available.

Imagine we could get Holtby, Llorente and maybe even Zaha for the price of Moutinho. We should be in for some exciting yet very complex transfer windows :)

Holtby favours switch to Tottenham

Lewis Holtby is expected to make a straight choice between Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal this month, with a decision imminent following his club Schalke's departure for warm weather training in Qatar.

The Germany international midfielder, who has an English father, has been courted by a number of English clubs, with Spurs and Arsenal the leading contenders, and of those two it would appear that Spurs are the most likely destination. Holtby, 22, is out of contract at Schalke in the summer and the club have made public his intention not to sign a new deal.

There has been a firm offer from Liverpool, who were the first Premier League club to show real interest. There have also been informal enquiries from Everton. It is Holtby's preference that he plays for a club with a guarantee of European competition. Internazionale and Valencia have also made enquiries but it is Holtby's long-held plan to come to England. He is quoted as saying that he "wouldn't even rule out Liverpool, even if it would be tough for my dad – he's an Everton fan".

He could move this month but the greater likelihood is he will sign a pre-contract agreement and then move in the summer. He is due to represent Germany at the Under-21 European Championship in Israel and is keen to play regular football until then in order to stay in contention. Although there have been hints at interest from Bayern Munich, the player is understood to be set on a move that will give him first-team football immediately.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ltby-favours-switch-to-tottenham-8436198.html

According to norwegian news, it's all over twitter that this guy has signed for us, awaiting confirmation from spurs....

Looked quality when I have seen him and different to anything else we have in midfield. Hope this comes off especially if Arsenal are truly in for him and he picks us!

Have no idea what he's like, but signing top, young talent is always good.

Who olderyid
Date Jan 3rd
Site COYS
Update from olderyid on COYS on his Holtby encounter:

UPDATE :

have arrived now in Romania. so here we go this is exactly what happened.

On the flight to Munich- and read the German papers Bild etc- looking for news about Holtby (front page story btw was Sylvie and Rafa splitting up)- read that he Holtby, had turned down Schalke's offer to double his wages and he would definitely not renew his contract. I was sitting in row 18 in the middle of the plane, and the steward says you can exit through the back door, so I turned around and to my astonishment, I saw the entire Schalke team had been sitting right behind me. they were on their way to Qatar btw, training camp etc. So I saw Holtby and thought I'll have a chat with him. Luckily we had to get a bus to the terminal, so i got in the bus went straight up to him, and told him I was a big big Tottenham fan, that I've just got back from the Reading game and that we've heard he might be coming to us. He smiled a bit and obviously didn't want to say anything, but Huntelaar- who was really nice, and friendly as the Dutch often are, just chipped in and said literally-"It's a done deal, all signed and sealed". Holtby looked a bit embarassed, and then said "well there'll be a statement in the next few days". He speaks perfect English btw-'cos his mother's English, without the trace of a any German accent.and then we started to talk about Tottenham and WHL and AVB. The conversation went like this: he told me, he'd been over for the West Ham game, and he was really surprised at how poor West Ham were as they are in the top half of the table. I told him that they are a home team, and don't perform away. I said that WHL is an old fashioned stadium, and he said he thinks that it's great, the atmosphere is unbelievable, and that he loved being there.Then we talked about the team, and it was obvious that he'd seen every game, and how impressed he's been. I said that I'd been a bit sceptical about AVB, because I thought Harry was so great, and he seemed surprised, saying that he's a great young coach. I agreed with him and said I've been won over, and think we're playing some really good football, which he agreed with too, and really thinks we have a lot of very good players. We talked a bit about the PL in general, and about the Chelsea/QPR game, which we both laughed about. Altogether we spoke for around ten minutes.

I couldn't take any pictures 'cos the bus was so crowded, but I take it that people on here know who I am, and will trust me- but all in all. Expect him to arrive now or in the summer. I personally think it will be the summer, but everything today pointed towards him becoming a Spurs player. I got a great buzz from meeting him and Huntelaar- to whom I said. we've been waiting for you too, he laughed an said, you just keep waiting.

Great start to 2013 that's all my fellow COYsers

This will be Freundy's influence...my GHod, if we can get CL football this season with the young players we are bringing in, it will mean we can land a big fish or two in the summer to supplement them...exciting...I am an optimist!

Who olderyid
Date Jan 3rd
Site COYS

UPDATE :

On the flight to Munich- and read the German papers Bild etc- looking for news about Holtby (front page story btw was Sylvie and Rafa splitting up)- read that he Holtby, had turned down Schalke's offer to double his wages and he would definitely not renew his contract. I was sitting in row 18 in the middle of the plane, and the steward says you can exit through the back door, so I turned around and to my astonishment, I saw the entire Schalke team had been sitting right behind me. they were on their way to Qatar btw, training camp etc. So I saw Holtby and thought I'll have a chat with him. Luckily we had to get a bus to the terminal, so i got in the bus went straight up to him, and told him I was a big big Tottenham fan, that I've just got back from the Reading game and that we've heard he might be coming to us. He smiled a bit and obviously didn't want to say anything, but Huntelaar- who was really nice, and friendly as the Dutch often are, just chipped in and said literally-"It's a done deal, all signed and sealed". Holtby looked a bit embarassed, and then said "well there'll be a statement in the next few days". He speaks perfect English btw-'cos his mother's English, without the trace of a any German accent.and then we started to talk about Tottenham and WHL and AVB. The conversation went like this: he told me, he'd been over for the West Ham game, and he was really surprised at how poor West Ham were as they are in the top half of the table. I told him that they are a home team, and don't perform away. I said that WHL is an old fashioned stadium, and he said he thinks that it's great, the atmosphere is unbelievable, and that he loved being there.Then we talked about the team, and it was obvious that he'd seen every game, and how impressed he's been. I said that I'd been a bit sceptical about AVB, because I thought Harry was so great, and he seemed surprised, saying that he's a great young coach. I agreed with him and said I've been won over, and think we're playing some really good football, which he agreed with too, and really thinks we have a lot of very good players. We talked a bit about the PL in general, and about the Chelsea/QPR game, which we both laughed about. Altogether we spoke for around ten minutes.

I couldn't take any pictures 'cos the bus was so crowded, but I take it that people on here know who I am, and will trust me- but all in all. Expect him to arrive now or in the summer. I personally think it will be the summer, but everything today pointed towards him becoming a Spurs player. I got a great buzz from meeting him and Huntelaar- to whom I said. we've been waiting for you too, he laughed an said, you just keep waiting.

hmmm... is this guy previously ITK? Because if so it's flimflam. If he has no history of it then it may be true

This will be Freundy's influence...my GHod, if we can get CL football this season with the young players we are bringing in, it will mean we can land a big fish or two in the summer to supplement them...exciting...I am an optimist!

I'd never have guessed, to be fair, mate. ;)

What's gonna happen to Clint or Sig if he signs?

I've seen Holtby play behind Huntelaar this season

sooooooo would this deal scupper any notion of signing a Mouthino type player for the first team?

hmmm... is this guy previously ITK? Because if so it's flimflam. If he has no history of it then it may be true

I do believe he's the dad of the kid who had his pic taken with Comolli and Zokora before he signed, I think it may be legit!

Who olderyid
Date Jan 3rd
Site COYS

UPDATE :

L.O.L.

This made my day

Who olderyid
Date Jan 3rd
Site COYS

UPDATE :

I never usually comment on itk which is why i have not been in "that" thread on this section. But i am interested in this player and i have followed him recently on the itv4 german round up show.

One thing i find odd is how i have read in the last week that it was his FATHER that was english but this guy is saying his mother........give these tossers enough rope and they always hang themselves, just wish some of them actually would hang themselves.

He is more of a box to box type than either of those two. My guess would be he would come into the team for Sandro/Parker /Dembele when we are at home and need more creativity

Who olderyid
Date Jan 3rd
Site COYS

UPDATE :

:ross: Another one to add to the list of random encounters. A bit like the 'Diego spotted at Gatwick airport for a Starbucks' hahaha

Clint will still be around as a squad player as he can play in a variety of positions. We need depth, and I guess Sigurdsson could be in a midfield three at times? It's not all black and white, we may even sign this guy in the summer and get a good offer for Sigurdsson that we may not be able to turn down? You never know. No harm in signing someone young like this when the opportunity arises for a next to nothing (obviously wages, sign-on fee etc) if AvB thinks he's good enough, rather than him going to a good team.

Last edited:
Back