• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Gyllenhall has really come into his own. Picks his roles well because he's in some damn enjoyable films.

Bought the 3D Blu-Ray of Life of Pi today. I love this movie, almost perfect cinematography through the movie, so many beautiful images and a moving story. Definitely one of my top ten movies of all time.

Im going to the IMAX for the first time to see that soon Marky - should it look good on the bigger screen??

Just watched Interstella, the last hour, WTF I'm actually so confused, typical Nolan film !!!! hahaha

I've heard that the first half is quality but let down by the slightly naff Spielberg elements of the script towards the end.

If Interstellar looks anywhere near as good on the big screen as Gravity / Moon / Sunshine then guess a trip to the cinema might be in order despite the risk of DVT!

The one at Waterloo

That's the biggest screen in the UK (in stark contrast to most of the Digital IMAX screens retrofitted at mulitplexes) so you'll see the full benefit of the scenes that Nolan filmed with the 70mm IMAX cameras :popcorn:

I watched The Dark Knight there and the full screen IMAX scenes made regular cinema look as dated as VHS! Just hope you haven't booked seats in the front few rows tho, as the screen is so huge it can be difficult to take it all in imo.

Star-Trek-Into-Darkness-IMAXPresentation.jpg~original

Some of the science was nicely realised but others elements were omitted (spaghettification?) and also there appeared to be (in my opinion) a major paradox in the way the story tied itself up at the end.

Great visuals but I'd have liked a bit more of them.

Was a toss up between Nightcrawler and Fury on Sunday. Decided to see Fury in the end. Cannot recommend it enough. I thought it was brilliant!

St Vincent, absolutely brilliant !!!!

Stars: Bill Murray, Melissa McCarthy, Naomi Watts

Plot: A young boy whose parents have just divorced finds an unlikely friend and mentor in the misanthropic, bawdy, hedonistic war veteran who lives next door.

Watched again both Dawn of the Planet of the Apes & Guardians of the Galaxy in 1080 Bluray rips today, both superb films and both looked absolutely fantastic on my tv

Back