• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Interstellar spoilers :

I was disappointed with Interstellar as I'm a fan of both McConaughey and Nolan. The bit near the end with the bookcase?! What the ****! Maybe I just wasn't paying attention, but I swear they were discussing how they could avoid getting caught on that planet for too long without the whole time difference being too much, then all of s sudden they get back and it's like oh whoops, we've lost 23 years :lol:
And why do some directors insist on making so many 2 and half hour+ films?

The soundtrack is awesome too! They were playing it in the lobby, at Empire Theatre last night, as I left the screening of Nightcrawler.

I always feel shortchanged when a movie is short - especially ones which explore interesting/complex topics

I agree to an extent but two half hours is a long time. I dont understand why Cinemas dont have intermissions like at theatres etc. From a cinemas point of view I would have thought that it would be a good opportunity to make money through extra food and drink sales.

I always feel shortchanged when a movie is short - especially ones which explore interesting/complex topics

If a film has to be 3 hours such as the Godfather in which it is set over years/decades then I understand. I just think a lot of films could be shortened with better editing. The Green Mile was thoroughly enjoyable and I did not feel like it was 3 hours long when I last watched it.

The Dark Knight Rises for example was bloated, no need for a comic book film to be that long.

Don't even get me started on the Transformers films and their running times.

Watching Dumb and Dumber To, made me laugh a lot many times, not as good as the first one though but worth a watch

Watched Lucy the other day - all I will say is I was expecting so much more based on trailers and what I read of the synposis etc ... it was meh!!! at best

SJ is hot though as per usual.

Watched Hunger Games Mockingjay this afternoon. Not a patch on the first two - 5/10

Good job Jennifer Lawrence was in it otherwise it might have been a 4. On a sidenote seeing some of the scenes today, she would make an awesome Lara Croft

Last edited:
Watched a movie last night called Margin Call. A few years old, star studded cast with Kevin Spacey, Demi Moore and others. About a finance coy as the GFC was about to hit.

Was excellent. You don't get many films like that anymore. No big action scenes, no one died, no love story, no kids. Just fantastic dialogue, brilliant acting, suspense and tension. Would make an excellent play actually.

Four and a half stars.

Back