• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Off to see Alien and Aliens back to back at the cinema tonight

Wish my local multiplex was a Vue instead of a poxy Odeon! I watched Alien at the cinema when it was re-released about a decade ago but I've still not seen Aliens on the big screen.

Having never seen any of them, I think I might check out the first Paranormal Activity tonight. It's on terrestrial TV at about 11pm.

I was dragged along to watch that at cinema and almost fell asleep it was so ****, really don't understand the appeal of that franchise at all.

The first Paranormal Activity was decent. The problem is that it was so profitable it launched a franchise.

I enjoy a good bump in the night horror if im honest - not the most high brow of genres but done well they can be quite effective. and i think the PA movies do it better than most.

The Alien double bill reinforced my view that Alien>>>>>Aliens - the first being an absoloute masterclass in sci-fi horror which has stood the test of time whereas Aliens looks very dated and quite cheesy in places, good fun though.

Babadook - started well and was quite tense in places but as the movie shifted focus halfway it lost it's edge. 5/10

There seems to be some very good looking films out soon - Nightcrawler, Interstellar, Whiplash, Imitation Game, Foxcatcher, John Wick (!!), Birdman...

The first Paranormal Activity was decent. The problem is that it was so profitable it launched a franchise.

We enjoyed it.

I think I'll check out the second one as I heard that was good too and then leave it there before it becomes ridiculous.

Mischa Barton, why is she allowed to be in movies? :(

Didn't help that the script repeated all the mistakes from previous haunted apartment building movies. So many horror film makers these just put together a bunch of scary scenes and try to pass it off as a movie. "I can make another 'The Shining'. That ****'s easy"

You know what? I used to love a good movie, but family life has caught up with me, and left me a movieless ****. I can't watch tv or movies with any volume in case the tiniest wakes up, so I just don't bother anymore. I watch golf in silence and drink wine while crying.

Even sadder, the last movie I watched was The fast and the furious 4 or 5 or whatever. Jeeeesus Christ! I genuinely thought Blu-Ray had solved the virtual reality puzzle and added smell to the movie, because there was definitely and aura of **** in the air.

Before that I watched I love you Philip Morris.

Just take me out back, please.

STAR WARS EPISODE VII has finished its principal shoot

eafqo0q_large.png

You know what? I used to love a good movie, but family life has caught up with me, and left me a movieless ****. I can't watch tv or movies with any volume in case the tiniest wakes up, so I just don't bother anymore. I watch golf in silence and drink wine while crying.

Even sadder, the last movie I watched was The fast and the furious 4 or 5 or whatever. Jeeeesus Christ! I genuinely thought Blu-Ray had solved the virtual reality puzzle and added smell to the movie, because there was definitely and aura of **** in the air.

On 4 different occasions I have watched the first 10 minutes of a fast and furious movie, then on the evening my father died it was on one of the Itv channels and I watched 15 minutes of it, I realised that no matter how depressed I was, I was not so much of a fcuking cnut I could watch one of these movies and I turned it off.

I worry for the mental well being of any individual that watches or enjoys these movies.

the new breed of F&F movies aren't really that bad, from 5 onward they're just decent blockbuster action movies. the ones before that were pure ****e though

We're the same. Have started watching any TV show or movie with subtitles now. It's actually much better watching like that, you absorb everything.

Am making my way through Game of Thrones at the moment, and don't know how I would have done it without subtitles.

Yeah Fast 5, set in Rio, Brazil. 6th one is called Furious 6 iirc, set in London/Russia i think.

New one has The Stath in it so will be all kinds of awesome

Haven't seen/heard of Faster tbh

Back