• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

We went to see it last night. Had the potential to be a brilliant film. but I dont know about you but I just feel a little disappointed with how it ended

The ending was definitely non sensical and seemed bizarre given what had preceded it. I can half understand what they were trying to do but not convinced that things could play out as they did. That's trying to be as spoiler free as I can be.

The ending was definitely non sensical and seemed bizarre given what had preceded it. I can half understand what they were trying to do but not convinced that things could play out as they did. That's trying to be as spoiler free as I can be.

Glad it wasnt just me then. As you say, cant elaborate much more though without giving anything away

Transcendence

****ing hell, this was bad. Not surprised to see Christopher Nolan was involved. Haven't seen this many plot holes since Batman.

Just watched Begin Again with Keira Knightley and Mark Rufallo (who I like). Was a decent feel good movie and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Beats all the depressing ****e out there at the moment.

Just watched it tonight. It verges on the cheesey but stays just on the right side and I loved it. Kiera is gorgous ! Certainly cheered me up and made me forget about depressing football for a few hours. Top film.

Transcendence

****ing hell, this was bad. Not surprised to see Christopher Nolan was involved. Haven't seen this many plot holes since Batman.

The films he directs/writes generally have a level of quality way above Transcendence. Memento... what a film.

Surprised he got involved in it, even as a Producer, it just had an irredeemably bad script, and sad to see Johnny Depp's career descending to such rubbish.

Marvel Event news

B1Dc9xpCQAAfq_a.jpg

May 5th, 2017 will be the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel

B1DdMSwCMAAWqWB.jpg

B1DdVMLCIAAKHj5.jpg

B1DdgVGCIAAENtS.jpg

B1DeU3FCIAAUtQE.jpg

B1De3VBCEAA5H4x.jpg

thumb900_phpbad0ltbpconcept_finalsized1.jpg

Some from the Q&A:

Benedict Cumberbatch is not confirmed or it would have been mentioned today.

We will see Black Panther in Captain America: Civil War.

We will get writer and director announcement prior to casting for Captain Marvel.

This is the Cinematic Civil War.

No Hulk solo movie for now.

Ant-Man is the end of Phase 2 and Civil War is the beginning of Phase 3.

Black Widow’s role will remain in the Avengers and not a solo movie but they have big plans for her

batman-new.com has some interesting tidbits about Zack Snyder’s forthcoming BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE picture.

These points may be considered spoilery for OTT, hyper-spoilerphobic types, although they don’t match the definition of “spoiler” that I tend to work with here on the site, so here goes…

•There are two Batsuits (we’ve seen them both before — he has a traditional Batsuit, and an armored Batsuit like in “The Dark Knight Returns”).

•The armored suit has Kryptonite all over it, and it can shoot missiles.

•There are two Batmobiles*.

•Affleck has a shirtless scene as Bruce Wayne to show off his new physique.

•The shirtless scene is beautifully shot and shows Affleck overlooking a destroyed city (probably Metropolis?).

Of this news, word on the street had previously suggested that…

Affleck would don more than one Batman suit in the movie. Although, I’d never heard reference to either iteration having weaponry on-board…
There would be more than one Batmobile. The article questions if this means more than one Bat vehicle - like maybe a car plus a plane - and this is certainly possible. However, I’ve only heard reference to Batmobiles proper, but nothing says this my info is necessarily spot-on in this case.

So, there’s some new and interesting morsels to chew on here.

Meanwhile, THIS piece at CBM confirms what many have been assuming from the outset, but it’s still interesting to see it characterized. CBM sites an Empire Magazine quote from Jennifer Garner, in which she indicates…

"We were not privy to the Batman voice at home, but I've been on set enough to hear bits of it. It's spot on. Growly and decisive and sexy, if I do say so myself! Exactly what you would hope it to be!"

Those new Marvel films are the beginning of the end of this OTT superhero phase imo, just as DC/Warner announce their stuff too. Civil War?! that story was an absolute shambles.

Those new Marvel films are the beginning of the end of this OTT superhero phase imo, just as DC/Warner announce their stuff too. Civil War?! that story was an absolute shambles.

It'll be Civil War using the characters and backgrounds already presented in the films, not sticking to comic canon.

It'll be Civil War using the characters and backgrounds already presented in the films, not sticking to comic canon.

Oh I know that, they don't have Spiderman for starters, just can't see it being any good. I really liked Captain America 2, bit of a shame his next one will be diluted with all the others joining in.

Oh I know that, they don't have Spiderman for starters, just can't see it being any good. I really liked Captain America 2, bit of a shame his next one will be diluted with all the others joining in.

I wonder if something will get sorted out with Spiderman.

Marvel release the Comic Con footage of Age of Ultron, looks good to me

[video=youtube;eGwuoYKhqx8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGwuoYKhqx8[/video]

If you like war films, Fury isn't half bad.
I believe they go the one remaining Tiger tank to use in filming for accuracy's sake.

Shia LeBoeuf is, amazingly, really not bad in it.
The ending may require a little suspension of disbelief though.

Having never seen any of them, I think I might check out the first Paranormal Activity tonight. It's on terrestrial TV at about 11pm.

THere are HD Rips of the Badabrook about, reading about this film, the critics say its one of the scariest ever films made

Back