• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

I'm glad someone agrees. I thought it was a load of pretentious *******s. Good performances, well made and stunningly shot, but overlong and too complicated. I'm all for complex stories a la Incepetion, but to a point.

It was the sentimentally of many of the characters that spoiled it for me. "Boo hoo, my daddy left me to go on Space Mission to save humanity and I'm gonna be really mad at him for the next 30 years!"

Subject matter was complex but the story was pretty straight forward really. Especially for a Nolan movie!

Same here. But, compared to Insterstellar, it's a lot more in depth with more subtext and questions which surround the different story lines of the film.

True but the story was simple and enjoyable enough, two warring magicians. I felt like you needed to have a degree in physics to truly understand everything going on in Interstellar. I felt it got silly towards the end too.

1st trailer for Star Wars The Force Awakens is out today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st trailer for Star Wars The Force Awakens is out today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As hopeful as I am of getting a decent SW film, the utter ****e of the prequels still looms large. I'll save my exclamation marks for now ;)

http://time.com/3608905/star-wars-trailer-episode/

On Friday morning, an Alamo Drafthouse Cinema in Austin is screening the new teaser trailer not just before every movie, but also in a separate stand alone screening where it will play 17 times in a row. Each screening will be followed by two minutes of discussion by a panel of Star Wars experts who will go into increasingly detailed minutia analysis about what’s on the screen during those precious 88 seconds.

:ross:

To be fair that looks pretty mega. The water effects off the X-wing fighters looks v impressive.

The way the start was cut to the music reminded me of LOST. I wonder if there will be other similarities in the camera work / direction of the final movie, if so it could be pretty awesome.

movies-star-wars-the-force-awakens-gif.gif

Im sold.

As hopeful as I am of getting a decent SW film, the utter ****e of the prequels still looms large. I'll save my exclamation marks for now ;)

That wasnt JJ Abrahams in charge and didnt have 3/4 of the original cast in place, this is going to be the biggest film of all time !!!!

Absolute let down they were, utter ****e, such a shame too as that part of the story had so much potential to be made into something pretty epic.

Trailer looks promising, have never seen a Star Trek film before myself but i'm tempted to watch the new ones now to get a taster of what this Star Wars could be like.

Back