• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

Having decent passing stats and being shaky defensively are two completely different aspects though

This simply confirms BAE is a play-making false quarter-back ;)

BAE is a very good left footed full back.

3rd goal was Gallas' fault for totally pussying a 50/50 ball at the first pass of the move, near the half way line. he does a little wobble, and completely fudges the entire shape of the defence.

I havnt seen a gallas rant thread yet, but he was at fault for 3 of the 5 goals. Drogba, 3rd goal and the pointless free kick.

3rd goal was Gallas' fault for totally pussying a 50/50 ball at the first pass of the move, near the half way line. he does a little wobble, and completely fudges the entire shape of the defence.

I havnt seen a gallas rant thread yet, but he was at fault for 3 of the 5 goals. Drogba, 3rd goal and the pointless free kick.

Drogba would have scored that goal against any CB that didn't foul him

Disagree. Getting completely out-muscled and turned is one thing, but as a centre back you can stand off a bit and try to get a block in instead, or just delay the player until backup arrives, then attempt a tackle. In the league game at the bridge Gallas stood off Drogba plenty, it creates problems, but smaller problems than getting turned as the last man.

I think Gallas should have taken a foul for that one personally - we all know Drogba would bully hism every day of the week, much like he's done before and does with virtually 98% of defenders throughout the league.

I sat dead level with it, unbelievable goal, I dont think any other striker in the prem would have scored it, went past the keeper in a blur, sometimes you just have to hold you hands up, it was against the run of play which made it worse.

Disagree. Getting completely out-muscled and turned is one thing, but as a centre back you can stand off a bit and try to get a block in instead, or just delay the player until backup arrives, then attempt a tackle. In the league game at the bridge Gallas stood off Drogba plenty, it creates problems, but smaller problems than getting turned as the last man.

I really don't think you could be more wrong. Giving Drogba more space would have made it a certainty. Staying tight on him gives Gallas a chance

The fact is (in my opinion) that Gallas did virtually nothing wrong, and Drogba was simply too quick and too lethal - he would have done that to any CB if he had repeated all of his actions.

A CB standing off him would have just had a better view of the goal, and could have been better balanced to have stood and applauded.

I really don't think you could be more wrong. Giving Drogba more space would have made it a certainty. Staying tight on him gives Gallas a chance

The fact is (in my opinion) that Gallas did virtually nothing wrong, and Drogba was simply too quick and too lethal - he would have done that to any CB if he had repeated all of his actions.

A CB standing off him would have just had a better view of the goal, and could have been better balanced to have stood and applauded.

I agree with you 100% here. I think sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say "what a brilliant goal" which is what Drogba's first for Chelsea was on Sunday.

I still fail to see how so many people want to blame anyone but Ledley King for Chelsea's 3rd goal. Sure there were numerous other mistakes in that move, but Ledley's decision to come off of Ramierez and close down Mata was the key for me.

Just to be clear I'm talking about not getting so close to him when he received the ball. That allowed Drogba to turn and barge his way past Gallas. If Gallas stays a bit further back Drogba gets an easier turn, but Gallas is in a much better position to block the shot than when he's being dragged alongside him like a tie flapping in the wind.

this

Just to be clear I'm talking about not getting so close to him when he received the ball. That allowed Drogba to turn and barge his way past Gallas. If Gallas stays a bit further back Drogba gets an easier turn, but Gallas is in a much better position to block the shot than when he's being dragged alongside him like a tie flapping in the wind.

we must have watched a different goal. I'm not trying to be argumentative or picky, but you are not describing anything that I saw.

In a poll which has Grant Holt as best striker?

Baines was rightfully best LB in the far more prominent/objective (in my view) PFA Team of the Year

Decent team, can tell they've tried to be a bit different but Benny is the only Spurs player that deserves to be in it.

Some think he is the best in the league, some dont. He is flamboyant and eccentric in a way, doesnt always do the safe thing to keep the fans happy and can easily be used as a spacegoat and the retarded supporters among us will always need someone or something to blame (I'm a retread too but I blame Harry), but he is a bloody good LB. A real bloody good LB.

Ah yes, the catch 22 scenario.

"ffs Benny stop fudging booting it down the line!"

"Stop tinkling about and just fudging clear it Benny!!"

Back