• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

I couldn't possibly describe to you how 'much' your opinion means to me

The fact you have reading / compehensive issues is by no means by problem but do refrain from blatant accusations and derrigatory posts or else take time to familiriase yourself with the forum's rules and guidelines. You haven't discussed anything of note in this thread in turn making this personal from your very first post simply because I took a swipe at your favourite team a few weeks ago and you've been unable to recover from that ever since.

Well as per rule 1.

You have the right to disagree strongly with any poster on any point.

You ignore everyone who is basically saying you are wrong by insisting on your point. Everyone elses opinion is responded to by using irrelevant and irrational reasons you are unable to back up. You tell other users they don't read what you say yet seemingly fail to comprehend anything yourself. You are given a free pass on this as it doesn't break forum guidelines as there is nothing around post quality.

and finally rule 5.

5. - WUM and trolls
The admin team regularly receive complaints about people seeking to winding up other posters, repeatedly posting the same thing across multiple threads or posting unsubstantiated inflammatory comments/opinions. This ruins the enjoyment of this board for many. If you suspect that a poster is acting as a wind up merchant or trolling then please report examples to the admin team. The admin team will consider the matter and if the majority agree then they will PM the poster and warn them about their future conduct. Failure to comply with this warning will result in the poster being put on post moderation. Acts of trolling are designated as such by the opinion of the admins. These are not open to debate and if your behaviour is continually detrimental to the quality of the board we will take action.

This is you in a nutshell.

I backed my opinion numerous times with my explanation - you clearly haven't taken any liking to that so what exactly am I supposed to do? As for the proposed replacements - sadly those aren't very well known around here so the discussion ended up fairly limited.

You are the one who insists on proving me 'wrong' by witch-hunting me in single every thread, making derrigatory accusations towards me based on nothing more than your personal dislike and asking me to admit I'm wrong and agree with you? Ok, then. Rule no, 5 in a nutshell for you. I have links to around 30 posts of yours of sheer provocation, acusation, and general baiting.

Seriously pal - if it bothers you so much - ignore. I do it to a fair bit on here and works a charm.

Difference is you ruin the enjoyment of this board for many. I keep getting told not to waste my time with you but I couldn't care less if I ruin it for you and I won't be giving you the pleasure of ignoring you so feel free to report the 30 posts if you haven't already. You also know where the ignore button is so feel free to click it. I tried that once but I ended up seeing a message on EVERY fudging THREAD saying you are ignoring ArcspacE which basically made surfing the forum even less enjoyable for me as you were even more visible.

A like/dislike button is needed so I can then just skim over your posts when I notice the negative rep you'd be swimming in.

In my very first post on this subject I stated BAE was at fault for the goal. Never said he was solely to blame which is what virtually all subsequent replies have assumed. I'd say he was 50% at fault.

Again - in my opinion he could have read the situation better and drop a few yards to split the two the moment King stepped up to close down Mata. Instead he waited for the pass and by then it was too late.

90% King's fault for making a ridiculous charge towards Mata. Had King held position then Chelsea were VERY unlikely to score.
5% Walker's fault for being 5 yards behind his centre halves and playing Chelsea onside at the time of the pass.
2% Parker's fault for being in a position that was too advanced (although to be fair to him he was getting back goalside at the point of Ledley's brain fart).
1% Bale's fault for not tracking his full back's run.
1% Modric's fault for not getting nearer to Lampard.
1% Ekotto's fault for not mind reading the fact that his experienced captaion was going to make a brainless charge out from a good defensive position to close down a player who wasn't in a shooting position that he didn't have to close down.

I think it's clear that you have an agenda against our left back mate as he is well down the list of culprits for that 3rd goal.

I honestly believe if Ekotto played for United he would be regarded as a top left back. (And he probably would be a lot better than he is now.)

To be fair BAE is a top left back, no he's not perfect, yes he does make the odd mistake, but he has been consistently one of our best players for the last three seasons, and consistently one of the three best left backs in the pl in the last three seasons, alongside ****ley Cole and Pratice Evra.

The haters remind me of when good ol' Stevie Carr used to play for us, while the majority of Spurs fans thought he was quality you always got the odd dissenting voice stating that (insrert flavour of the month right back here) was better than him, and that he was overrated/crap.

To be fair BAE is a top left back, no he's not perfect, yes he does make the odd mistake, but he has been consistently one of our best players for the last three seasons, and consistently one of the three best left backs in the pl in the last three seasons, alongside ****ley Cole and Pratice Evra.

The haters remind me of when good ol' Stevie Carr used to play for us, while the majority of Spurs fans thought he was quality you always got the odd dissenting voice stating that (insrert flavour of the month right back here) was better than him, and that he was overrated/crap.

I don't actually agree with this. In the big games, Benoit will make at least a couple of mistakes. And by mistakes I don't mean allowing crosses to be made etc. I mean he gets caught napping and allows his man to get around him and we have lost many, many goals to the same mistake, over and over again. For that reason I would rather sometimes have a mid-level player who would just get on with their job and be less proficient on the ball, than see Benny work his arse off jinking and turning instead of hoofing the ball out, only to switch off on the break and needlessly lose another goal.

It has become such a common occurance, you can almost see it developing before he has even let his man go.

I don't actually agree with this. In the big games, Benoit will make at least a couple of mistakes. And by mistakes I don't mean allowing crosses to be made etc. I mean he gets caught napping and allows his man to get around him and we have lost many, many goals to the same mistake, over and over again. For that reason I would rather sometimes have a mid-level player who would just get on with their job and be less proficient on the ball, than see Benny work his arse off jinking and turning instead of hoofing the ball out, only to switch off on the break and needlessly lose another goal.

It has become such a common occurance, you can almost see it developing before he has even let his man go.
hmmmm, that does sound like something you ave been keeping an eye on

will have to take your word for it then cause i havent really been looking. i would just like to throw out a lazy retaliation and jus say that IMO i dont think its as much as you claim (i.e the number of goals we have let in because of this.) nothing to back up my claim though

I saw a classic post the other day in another thread

It went something like this:

"Benoit should have anticipated that King would move out of position....."

:ross::ross::ross::ross:

ROFL MEGA LOLZ

If you're reading Benoit.....the fans that go to the games appreciate your talents

Keep it real.....LOL

90% king's fault for making a ridiculous charge towards mata. Had king held position then chelsea were very unlikely to score.
5% walker's fault for being 5 yards behind his centre halves and playing chelsea onside at the time of the pass.
2% parker's fault for being in a position that was too advanced (although to be fair to him he was getting back goalside at the point of ledley's brain fart).
1.5% bale's fault for not tracking his full back's run.
1.25% modric's fault for not getting nearer to lampard.
0.25% ekotto's fault for not mind reading the fact that his experienced captaion was going to make a brainless charge out from a good defensive position to close down a player who wasn't in a shooting position that he didn't have to close down.

I think it's clear that you have an agenda against our left back mate as he is well down the list of culprits for that 3rd goal.

fixed

Anway, getting back on topic, here are some Benoit facts

- His full name is Beno?«t Pierre David Assou-Ekotto
- He has a massive wang
- He is the coolest player to ever pull on a Spurs shirt
- He is 5 foot 9 inches tall, but his hair on a match day makes him 6 foot 2.5
- 90% of women get a wide on just looking at him

Benoit-Assou-Ekotto-006.jpg

hmmmm, that does sound like something you ave been keeping an eye on

will have to take your word for it then cause i havent really been looking. i would just like to throw out a lazy retaliation and jus say that IMO i dont think its as much as you claim (i.e the number of goals we have let in because of this.) nothing to back up my claim though

Watch out for it now. Take a look at a stream of Sunday's game. The very first chance they had... Walker gets caught in posession by Kalou. Spurs have three men back, one of which is BAE tracking Bosingwa... Kalou plays a through ball, Benny has stopped running and is just looking at the ball as Bosingwa nearly taps home if not for Cudicini. That happens a lot.

Other times, he'll lose his man but still be close enough to put the shot under pressure but decide to give up. And then there is his classic of letting his man drift during a dead ball to get a free chance at goal. Edit to say - it is usually when the ball is coming over from the left to right (attack wise).

I've watched it happen time and again Affy, and mark my words, if you look for it, you'll see it in nearly every game we play from now on. The joke is I was one of the only people on this board saying that BAE was an alright player when everyone hated him post Arsenal. Now that most seem to think he is GHod, I still think he is an alright player, a lot of people really have polarised views on footballers.

Last edited:
I saw a classic post the other day in another thread

It went something like this:

"Benoit should have anticipated that King would move out of position....."

:ross::ross::ross::ross:

ROFL MEGA LOLZ

If you're reading Benoit.....the fans that go to the games appreciate your talents

Keep it real.....LOL

This

Difference is you ruin the enjoyment of this board for many. I keep getting told not to waste my time with you but I couldn't care less if I ruin it for you and I won't be giving you the pleasure of ignoring you so feel free to report the 30 posts if you haven't already. You also know where the ignore button is so feel free to click it. I tried that once but I ended up seeing a message on EVERY fudging THREAD saying you are ignoring ArcspacE which basically made surfing the forum even less enjoyable for me as you were even more visible.

A like/dislike button is needed so I can then just skim over your posts when I notice the negative rep you'd be swimming in.

Its a shame that the new Afan seems to have missed your first point completely

and seems to think its personal, when none of us actually knows him - missing out completely on the facts that none of the negative comments are about him, but what he posts.

Given the poor relationship that we had prior to him ignoring me completely, I made an offer to meet him personally, over a beer when I visited his home town. I believed that if we had a chance to meet socially we would be able to communicate better on the board. Despite the fact that I had flown 27,000 Km to get to his town (I was going there anyway to stay with the in-laws) he ignored my offer.

I can only assume that he is a WUM, because I would happily go for a beer with any Spurs supporter who visited Bermuda and wanted to do the same thing. Even wriggly, who has stated publicly that he wants to be locked in a room with me................

he doesnt have 3000 posts on the new board for nothing

Back