• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

I must say I felt sick after his Wigan game

But then again he did say he was ill before the game, and still made the effort to play

ALL OUR DEFENDERS WERE brick YESTERDAY, THEY HAD NO COVER FROM MIDFIELD!!!!!

Apologies for shouting, but it's getting ridiculous in here. And I'm still hungover and rather short-temepered!

ALL OUR DEFENDERS WERE brick YESTERDAY, THEY HAD NO COVER FROM MIDFIELD!!!!!

Apologies for shouting, but it's getting ridiculous in here. And I'm still hungover and rather short-temepered!

Stop shouting, you're hurting my fooking ears

No way can we single out anyone yesterday, it's a team game and the whole team was absolutely dire.

Dont matter as Benny dont give a stuff what anyone thinks. He's too cool for school and thats what makes him the player he is.

90% solid, 5% skillz, 4% afro and 1% shocking.

Unfortunately, we had the 1% shocking yesterday but the rest of him will be back next week, dont you worry :)

No way can we single out anyone yesterday, it's a team game and the whole team was absolutely dire.

I wasn't singling him out. The whole team let us down yesterday. But we have good cover for most positions in the team, Adebayor has Saha and Defoe to keep him on his toes, we've got Livermore and Sandro to replace Parker, Dawson and Gallas as cover for centre halves, Kranjcar for midfield cover. Ekotto knows he's never going to be dropped for Rose.

a better back up option than Rose would be a good idea - id like to send Rose out on loan next season as i think playing back up will stifle his progress, a season at a top Championship club or a Swansea type Premiership club would be great for him and we would get a better idea if he has any long term future with us. an older head with plenty of experience on a short term (2 years maybe) contract would be ideal as a good alternative to Ekotto - could even help him grow as a player

I think Rose will go out on loan next season with Vertonghen able to backup Benny if we sign him.

Benny has had a couple of off days, but has been outstanding this season and one of the best left backs in the league imo. Rose is adequate cover to develop and keep him on his toes.

I think Rose will go out on loan next season with Vertonghen able to backup Benny if we sign him.
Don't really see the point of loaning Rose out again. Either he is good enough to compete for a spot or we need to bring someone else in. IMO he has looked a more than capable backup to Benny but injuries have slowed him this season. People were raving about his performances at the end of last season. Part of the problem is Benny has been very good this season so it's not easy to drop him and aside from the Christmas period we really haven't had many matches in quick succession to warrant squad rotation.

I bet if we put him up for transfer most teams in the Prem outside the top 4 would be interested. He's a good player, but he will cost you at times with either his casualness, positioning or the 'Ekotto-turn'.

He still does more good than bad and has been a lot more consistent than last season. I would look to bring in someone that could challenge him next season it's one area we should be looking to strengthen.

I bet if we put him up for transfer most teams in the Prem outside the top 4 would be interested. He's a good player, but he will cost you at times with either his casualness, positioning or the 'Ekotto-turn'.

He still does more good than bad and has been a lot more consistent than last season. I would look to bring in someone that could challenge him next season it's one area we should be looking to strengthen.

How many times has the 'Ekotto-turn' actually cost us a goal? How many times has the 'Ekotto-turn' helped us keep possession to build an attack, keep us from being put under pressure and delight us with attacking play? We are not Stoke. Our manager isn't Pulis. I would much rather have someone with the skills and nerve to keep possession, play from the back and be a footballing side rather than someone that just kicks the ball forward at some lump up front. I wish we had more defenders with the skill Ekotto has, maybe there would be fewer long balls to Ade, maybe we wouldn't be so easy to put under pressure, I think we would be a better, more successful team.

I'm all for improving the squad or team if we can, no player is bigger than the club. But who can we bring in that are clearly better? City have had an almost unlimited transfer and wage budget in recent years. Wayne Bridge, Kolarov and Clichy has been the result so far. Real paid 30 million euros for Coentrao this summer. After years looking for a new left back Bayern this summer gave up and converted Lahm back to a left back and bought a new right back instead.

Benny is still learning his trade. In a recent interview it was interesting to read how he couldn't understand the idea of just putting the ball out when trapped in the corner. Far better to use your skill to be productive with the ball. Well Benny has a point, but it is question of learning when and when not to do that. And the time not to do that is when you are up against someone as quick as Walcott. And you don't have LM cover.

At first I thought they were targeting Benny as he was always closed down really quickly. But then I figured it was just the speed of Walcott. (if only we had done the same at the other end with Bale and Lennon). Benny will learn from this. And hopefully one thing he will have learnt is the reason players put the ball out for a throw.

Back