• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official 2012/2013 expectations*

Expectations for EPL Season 2102-13? (one vote only)

• Top the league (no silverware)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2nd in the league (no silverware)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Liverpool are on their arse,they are so much in debt,how come we out bid them for Siggy,why are they selling carroll off and not loaning him,why is Rodgers struggling to get players in.They owe so much money its being kept quiet. Villa i think Bale,VDV,Ade,Modric earn as much as the whole first team with them.

Ok not top 4 wage earners then,top 6 eh?????

Stll top 4 for me anyway.

Has to be top four. There would have been no point in sacking harry if that wasnt the target. AVB has a good squad to work with and Arsenal, Liverpool, chelsea and Man u are all there for the taking in my view. Also think AVB will try and win the Europa league rather than adopt the approach harry did.

Liverpool are on their arse,they are so much in debt,how come we out bid them for Siggy,why are they selling carroll off and not loaning him,why is Rodgers struggling to get players in.They owe so much money its being kept quiet. Villa i think Bale,VDV,Ade,Modric earn as much as the whole first team with them.

Ok not top 4 wage earners then,top 6 eh?????

Stll top 4 for me anyway.

Yep, we probably have the sixth biggest wage bill in the Prem now (though it's amazing to think that, until recently, the likes of Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Villa and even West Ham had higher wage bills than Spurs!).

Not sure where you get the idea that Liverpool have massive debts, though. I believe that those debts were cleared as soon as Hicks and Gillette were forced out of the club by the banks. If Liverpool are now being more careful about player costs, it is only because they are determined not to repeat the mistake of massively overpaying (in terms of both transfer fees and wages) for the likes of Carroll, Henderson and Downing.

Yep, we probably have the sixth biggest wage bill in the Prem now (though it's amazing to think that, until recently, the likes of Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Villa and even West Ham had higher wage bills than Spurs!).

Not sure where you get the idea that Liverpool have massive debts, though. I believe that those debts were cleared as soon as Hicks and Gillette were forced out of the club by the banks. If Liverpool are now being more careful about player costs, it is only because they are determined not to repeat the mistake of massively overpaying (in terms of both transfer fees and wages) for the likes of Carroll, Henderson and Downing.

Yeah, i read that the new owners cleared all but £37M of their debts. This was debt connected to the planning and initial work around the new stadium project.

My expectations are to perform strongly again and push for top four. Realistically Man Utd/City are way ahead of us, Chelski with their new signings should also be much stronger than us, so I think the best we can hope for is to battle it out for fourth with the scum, and Liverpool, if they can get their act together. I don't see Saudi Sportswashing Machine doing as well as they did last year, but they shouldn't be ruled out either. I also expect us to field strong teams in all competitions, and reach the latter stages of the Europa league.

I would be happy with top five and a cup, any cup.

I'm not sure about that.

It's all about the blend. Hard to say yet whether Chelsea have got it right. All that is certain is that, now that Di Matteo has to do with what AVB was tasked with doing last season, he will have a far, far more difficult job. He won't be able to keep all the old players in the team, defend in numbers and hope to nick a goal against the run of play week in week out.

I think that, with a fair wind, we'll be up there with Chelsea next season.

I'm not sure about that.

It's all about the blend. Hard to say yet whether Chelsea have got it right. All that is certain is that, now that Di Matteo has to do with what AVB was tasked with doing last season, he will have a far, far more difficult job. He won't be able to keep all the old players in the team, defend in numbers and hope to nick a goal against the run of play week in week out.

I think that, with a fair wind, we'll be up there with Chelsea next season.

Which just shows what an amazing job Levy has done to put us up there even though they have Roman money.

I agree though. Without wanting to sound too RAWKish, even though I think it's a lot more realistic to say what I'm saying, I don't think we are too far behind Chelsea no matter how many attacking midfielders they sign for £25m+.

We'll get a new goalkeeper, and I would imagine he would be of sufficient quality to stand up to Cech.

A defence of Walker, Kaboul/Caulker, Vertonghen and Assou-Ekotto stands up to any in the league. With Naughton, Kaboul/Caulker, Dawson and Fryers we are wells stocked in terms of having depth there.

We will probably play a slightly different system to them, and I think we are still to make signings, but in midfield is Modric/Moutinho, Sigurdsson, Bale, Sandro etc any worse that what they have? They have some excellent players especially in attacking midfield positions but so do we, so we should have good enough quality to match them there. They will probably have a lot of depth, but with the signings we make, so could we.

And upfront, we can probably expect one more signing, but Ade stands up to Torres.

If we get the bounce of the ball going our way this season, we can definitely challenge Chelsea regardless of how much money they have spent. We have good quality, good depth, and a good manager. They won't be as brick as last year and it will be very close, but it certainly doesn't look like they will be miles out in front.

My aim is simple, go into every game playing for your shirt. If you do that, the lads ability and cups/league positions will come naturally.

Work hard and fight, the rest is relative!

Would finishing 5th but above scum satisfy anyone?

Depends who finishes above us. If Liverpool/Saudi Sportswashing Machine finish above us, then the answer is no.

Chelsea, United and Emirates Marketing Project will probably be the top 3 in some order. 4th is a realistic and achieveable goal.

It would be nice to finish above the scum, but that shouldn't be the yardstick for success.

sooo then,

AVB has a better team than Harry.

will probably have the same players as Harry (at the moment it seems)

will play Harry's formation because once again we have to accommodate VDV, just like Harry did... successfully i might add.

I'm thinking on re-defining my expectations. from top 6 to now top 5.......but technically since AVB is allegedly far superior to Harry i think i might, just for provocative and sour grapes reasons, go for Top 4 expectations. Anything lower if a failure

hey, i'm not the guy talking about winning the league. thats all on AVB...cant start chatting about winning /challenging for the league and then come 6th and smile saying "we've done well"

What are you dribbling on about?

Better team? Let's wait and see what strikers we get shall we as adebayor will be vital for us next season. And no modric? So where's this better team come from?

What are you dribbling on about?

Better team? Let's wait and see what strikers we get shall we as adebayor will be vital for us next season. And no modric? So where's this better team come from?

probably should have read past the first line?

we havent sold anyone and right now rumors are pretty good that ade will return. If as hinted that modric only wants to go to RM and they dont meet it then this guy will have a better team than Harry......well probably not as King has retired and for me thats like half the squad

Expectations for season 2012-13

New season, new coach, new philosophy... so much changes. How do you expect we'll do under AVB's first season with us :-k

5th to 7th, with a cup in the bag

all i want to see is a team playing inventive attacking football, every player comfortable in possession, intelligent movement, accurate passing, decent chances created every game

Back