• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official 2012/2013 expectations*

Expectations for EPL Season 2102-13? (one vote only)

• Top the league (no silverware)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2nd in the league (no silverware)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roy1983

Edward Sheringham
New era, new manager and exciting times ahead. What are yours.

Mine? To be in with a shout of top 4 come May 1st. Nothing more.

Competition wise: Top 6 and Semi finals of the Europa.
Off the pitch: a sense that we're moving forward building for the future.

I don't get what people are saying about 'rebuilding'. We had an extremely strong team that could have finished 3rd, and none of this team has been sold (as of yet). If we just keep these players, as we did last season, then what on Earth do we have to rebuild?!

Top 4 finish - As COYS has said, so far we've strengthened. No reason not to expect that.

Excellent cup runs in at least two competitions.

Depends on future transfers, but as if I expect to compete for Champions League, I hope to finish Top 4.

Good cup runs are a bonus

Competing with United and Chelsea for 2nd.

We had the team last season. This season we've got the manager and will hopefully have the squad.

I don't get what people are saying about 'rebuilding'. We had an extremely strong team that could have finished 3rd, and none of this team has been sold (as of yet). If we just keep these players, as we did last season, then what on Earth do we have to rebuild?!

We have a new manager it with new ideas. Its gonna take a while for the players to adapt.

Think in terms of squad quality, we're really not far off United now.

Won't dare to dream though. They've shown for the last 3 years how far an experienced, winning mentality can get you.

That's something you can't buy!

Position is partly dependent on the teams around us. If two of Emirates Marketing Project, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal have a season similar to Chelsea/Arsenal last year then we should be third. But if all four fire on all cylinders then 5th would still be an achievement. Cannot see who else could finish above us, unacceptable to suggest Liverpool could/should, we are a class above them right now.

Progress is what we want to see. It's easy to talk about cups and positions, but if you asked me in September how I would have felt if we finished 4th by a whisker, I would not have said "devastated". Which was how i felt after the season unfolded.

But these are exciting times at Spurs again, optimism is high so who knows. Surely 3rd + a cup would be very, very niiiiice?

Top 4 finish with a CL place (if that means we need to finish third, then make it happen).
I would also like silverware. We should also win a cup.
I believe anything less would be disappointing BUT as long as the manager has given it his all, I won't flog him for it should it not happen! I think he's about delivery anyway...

Back