• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official 2012/2013 expectations*

Expectations for EPL Season 2102-13? (one vote only)

• Top the league (no silverware)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2nd in the league (no silverware)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Idealised expectation: 3rd.

Realistic expectation: Top 4.

Anything less = a disappointment.

I support AVB 100% and am 100% excited about his reign. I don't rule out a serious title tilt at some point. But for next season, no worse than Top 4 please Andre.

*At the moment* - I'd like to finish in a CL position, whether that's 3rd or 4th, plus a cup.

Realistically, I think we'll finish top 6 with at least one cup semi. Chelsea have outspent everyone else by massive margins this window, so I think that's the top three locked up, while Arse will have plenty to spend from RVP money and Liverpool have a much better manager than last time around. I'm sure the fight for the top four will be much harder than last year, unless some sort of disaster befalls two of those three again (the death of Man Utd is, alas, rather exaggerated).

It will take AVB some time to get his system in place and transmit his ideas throughout the team. The team itself is still in limbo - we have yet to find a replacement for the heartbeat of our team, a real 4-3-3 wing forward (unless Gio suddenly becomes good and Lennon turns prolific), a striker to cover Adebayor (assuming he is done), and the ideal goalkeeper for AVB's system. I think we will cover most of these points by the end of this window, but atm it is still all in the air.

If we do reveal massive external investment, and spend heavily this window and the next, I'll revise my expectations. Right now I think it's a bit unfair on AVB to instantly attain top four considering that our competitors are very likely to improve while we're about to lose our best player....one could say that Arse are in the same position, but at least they have already bought Giroud (who I rate) and Podolski to cover RVP's loss. I think Moutinho will be too expensive for us, so Modric's replacement is still rather nebulous.

A trophy, preferably the Europa
Top 6, hitting our strides from February on
Beat Chelsea home and away

Top 3 and a Cup.

Any Cup will do but my priority in order will be : Europa League, FA Cup and League Cup. Even better, how about winning all Cups !

3rd or 4th. I don't rate Di Matteo as a good manager and think he's lucky instead. Had Bayern Munich put away another of those 30+ chances in 90 minutes then no way would Di Matteo have the job.

I think he'll be the first manager sacked this season. I think Arsenal will struggle if RVP has left and no real replacement has been brought in.

We really ought to finish above all other sides do to get 4th we only need to finish above Chelsea or Arsenal.

The only reason we'll finish 5th is if this transition is too much for squad. If so, the results better be looking very good in second half of the season or there will be little sign that we, as a club, are moving forwards.

We really ought to finish above all other sides do to get 4th we only need to finish above Chelsea or Arsenal.

The only reason we'll finish 5th is if this transition is too much for squad. If so, the results better be looking very good in second half of the season or there will be little sign that we, as a club, are moving forwards.

Chelsea have spent a ridiculous sum of money (or more they look to be spending) so i certainly don't expect to be finishing above them at this point. that's not to say they'll be all guns blazing - but then with a new manager and several changes to the team there's every chance we may take some time to find our groove.

Finishing close to 4th, points wise, would be my minimum expectation right now - if we hit the ground running and look to be in the hunt for higher half way through then i will be raising those expectations (much the same as last season)

I'm just not scared of Chelsea at all. I can imagine, I could be wrong, that both Hazard & Oscar are RA signings and won't necessarily fit with Di Matteo's tactics, particularly if Di Matteo wants to play stifling football again. I think it's also likely that Oscar won't be an over night sensation. I think he will take time to adapt to the Premiership, again perhaps I'll be wrong.

Lastly, I continue to think that we have a comparative first team to Chelsea, even with them signing Oscar, Marin & Hazard. We have signed 2 excellent new players and for very good value, plus retained Adebayor. I have no doubt we'll continue to be busy in the transfer window over the next month and will have a new signing or two within the week.

If anything, I'm more wary about Arsenal finishing above us than Chelsea. Arsenal have Wenger at the helm and he'll get the most out of his players again, achieving a total effort which is greater than the sum of the parts.

In the conversation for 3rd or 4th. If that means we come 6th but miss out by goal difference/a point or so, then that's ok, as long as it looked like we could have realistically got it.

It's going to be a serious tight league at the top this year.

Depends what happens in the rest of the window however currently I would say 4th and within 5 points of 3rd

Think in terms of squad quality, we're really not far off United now.

Won't dare to dream though. They've shown for the last 3 years how far an experienced, winning mentality can get you.

That's something you can't buy!

The bulk of the squad might be comparable, but we dont have a Rooney or a Vidic...

Of course I'd love us to win a trophy but I wouldn't say I expect it, my expectations would probably be to at least get the semi's in something though.

Every year I expect us to actually perform against Utd but it never happens so I've given up on that one...

Idealised expectation: 3rd.

Realistic expectation: Top 4.

Anything less = a disappointment.

I support AVB 100% and am 100% excited about his reign. I don't rule out a serious title tilt at some point. But for next season, no worse than Top 4 please Andre.

This

Back