• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official 2012/2013 expectations*

Expectations for EPL Season 2102-13? (one vote only)

• Top the league (no silverware)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2nd in the league (no silverware)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Idealised expectation: 3rd.

Realistic expectation: Top 4.

Anything less = a disappointment.

I support AVB 100% and am 100% excited about his reign. I don't rule out a serious title tilt at some point. But for next season, no worse than Top 4 please Andre.

I'd go with this myself although would like to add we need to 'reinforce' more than 'rebuild' - our squad performed at very high levels last season and with the right additions we could easily step up a notch. Even if Modric goes (I've resigned to that already) - we haven't (wouldn't) lost any key / core squad members

This post should be stickied!

I think we'll finish 5th and I'd be happy with that. My expectations are that we'll be an outside bet for top four, but as long as we're in touch distance and in the top six most of the season then I'll be happy.

FA Cup win would be nice too, but the Cups are so low value now that it's not that big a deal. Europa League and League Cup I'd be happy if he just played kids so that he didn't have to squad rotate the first team for the league fixtures.

My expectations will depend on what we do in the transfer market, too early to say really.

I'm probably going to end up in the "there or thereabouts fighting for 4th or better" camp.

Arse-Mania have both a 'The Fight For The Title' thread and 'Let's Laugh At Tottenham' thread. Why can't karma ever bite them in the ass?

They seem to think City, United and Chelsea will be in a league of their own, but Arsenal should be thereabouts for most of the season.

My prediction: City 90pts, United 80pts, Arsenal and Tottenham 70-75pts, Chelsea 65pts, Everton 60-64pts, Liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine 55-59pts

Last edited:
Its difficult to give a proper predicition of where we will finish until we have an idea of what squads are going to be like closer to the end of the transfer window.

I believe we should be aiming to finish in the top four as long as we bring in another couple of good players who can contribute straight away. Im confident we can finish in the top four but obviously its going to be a fight with so many teams going for it.

Top 4 while also trying to take the Europa seriously. Its a competition, and we're in it, so lets try and win it.

This post should be stickied!

I think we'll finish 5th and I'd be happy with that. My expectations are that we'll be an outside bet for top four, but as long as we're in touch distance and in the top six most of the season then I'll be happy.

FA Cup win would be nice too, but the Cups are so low value now that it's not that big a deal. Europa League and League Cup I'd be happy if he just played kids so that he didn't have to squad rotate the first team for the league fixtures.

you've changed your tune a bit, how come?

I'd be happy challenging for top four. It's difficult to say 5th or 6th though, because realistically it would be possible to finish 7th and still only be 2-3 points off the top four.

If the new signings look good, and the team adapt well to whatever AVB tries to get them to do, long term i'd expect us to cement a top 4 place.

Edit: I won't state preferences on the cups. Cups are far too unpredictable. To state that he must get to the final ignores the fact that we could get drawn against city/united/etc in consecutive rounds. Far too unpredictable.

At this moment in time, we should be aiming for top 5 at the bare minimum.

I'd be very, very happy with top 4!

Goes without saying you adjust your expectations at certain points in the season depending on how good/bad you are doing.

Anything less than 6th place would be a failure with our squad.

expecting us to struggle?, you'd be happy with top 10? all that stuff.. you seem more optimistic than before..

I never said we'd struggle. This is from a post at an earlier date for example :

As for my personal expectations? I said all last season we were punching above our weight and we had a great season. I certainly don't expect AVB to match it, especially in his first season in charge. I'd hope that we were still better than Saudi Sportswashing Machine and that Liverpool will need more than one season to catch us up though, so my personal expectations are we should finish 5th regardless of this Summers transfer dealings. But if we finish lower than 5th, then as long as there are clear justifiable reasons for it (key players being injured, not many points between a few teams etc) then I won't be calling for AVB's head if we finish lower than 6th. My biggest hope is that AVB tries to do what Harry did and play attractive attacking football. If AVB does that, he'll get my blessing all year as long as we aren't in any sort of relegation danger.

Top 5 i'd be happy with providing we mount a real challenge to the 4th spot throughout the season. If we buy talented youngsters this transfer window and play good football i'd even accept 6th providing we have something solid to build on the following season.

Back