• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T The England Thread

Re: **Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

USA - No one played well, apart from Gerrard. Lennon provided the best pass of the game though and Heskey scuffed up, no surprise.
Algeria - I can guarantee he didn't even touch the ball 10 times. I always thought people shy away from passing to Lennon.
Slovenia - Dropped.
Germany - Benched. SWP came on instead of him.

fudge me, that's a good memory.

fudge me, that's a good memory.

I Remember it exactly the same. All my mate where slagging him off, but he was the only one trying anything. Right now he should be ahead of Milner as he has the workrate and the attacking ability too.

I Remember it exactly the same. All my mate where slagging him off, but he was the only one trying anything. Right now he should be ahead of Milner as he has the workrate and the attacking ability too.

Didn't Johnson also nullify any real threat the Lennon could have been too? Not wanting to pass the buck but it seemed like Johsnon took it upon himself to play down the whole right side, which meant Lennon was stuck in no-mans land.

Didn't Johnson also nullify any real threat the Lennon could have been too? Not wanting to pass the buck but it seemed like Johsnon took it upon himself to play down the whole right side, which meant Lennon was stuck in no-mans land.

I just think, if only Walker was 4 years older, then he and Lennon would be the perfect right side for England. When I say 4 years older, I really mean if he reaches the potential that he has, improving his game consequently and becoming better than Johnson on a consistent basis.

I always like having club links at International level. I think that this helps being out the best in players through familiarity, players are more aware of the other's style of play, which runs the player is likely to make, and where and when to release the pass.

I think then England's right side would be sorted.

I just think, if only Walker was 4 years older, then he and Lennon would be the perfect right side for England. When I say 4 years older, I really mean if he reaches the potential that he has, improving his game consequently and becoming better than Johnson on a consistent basis.

I always like having club links at International level. I think that this helps being out the best in players through familiarity, players are more aware of the other's style of play, which runs the player is likely to make, and where and when to release the pass.

I think then England's right side would be sorted.

Agree. Like Beckham and Neville for the most part.

Granted, but he was picked ahead of Walcott for South Africa 2010 and he didn't play well.

That was because of Glen Johnson, who fudged Lennon's game by 'glory-boying' it 40-50 yards before passing to a by-then tightly marked Lennon.

EDIT: sorry, just saw Auto had said this already

That was because of Glen Johnson, who fudged Lennon's game by 'glory-boying' it 40-50 yards before passing to a by-then tightly marked Lennon.

EDIT: sorry, just saw Auto had said this already

Can't stand Glen Johnson.

if Lennon is one of the most under-rated England players this twunt has to be one of the most over-rated. Average at best defender who occasionally gets a glory wander up field too pay off.

USA - No one played well, apart from Gerrard. Lennon provided the best pass of the game though and Heskey scuffed up, no surprise.
Algeria - I can guarantee he didn't even touch the ball 10 times. I always thought people shy away from passing to Lennon.
Slovenia - Dropped.
Germany - Benched. SWP came on instead of him.

He was taken off in the Algeria game right after he put in a superb cross too.

England squad to face Republic of Ireland and Brazil:

Goalkeepers: Ben Foster, Joe Hart, Alex McCarthy.

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Joleon Lescott, Kyle Walker.

Midfielders: Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott.

Strikers: Andy Carroll, Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Danny Welbeck.

For me lennon should be in this squad. Remember those games well and blind freddy could see that Johnson was taking Lennon's space and being totally ineffectual in the process, but the manager...? Walker was often guilty of the same sin IMO. Lennon is at his best facing goal running into space. When he gets up a head of speed, Aaron is almost as difficult as Bale.

England squad to face Republic of Ireland and Brazil:

Goalkeepers: Ben Foster, Joe Hart, Alex McCarthy.

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Joleon Lescott, Kyle Walker.

Midfielders: Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott.

Strikers: Andy Carroll, Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Danny Welbeck.

Jesus christ England are pants

England v Ireland, 29th May 2013

A2595_zps72eebebc.jpg

England football team full record and statistics against the Republic of Ireland from 1946 to 2013 in FIFA World Cup, UEFA European Championships, minor competitions and friendly matches.

England v Ireland Full International Record & Statistics 1946-2013

Re: England v Ireland, 29th May 2013

Zero interest in anything England these days im afraid, shame really as I used to get some excited about every England game

Zero interest in anything England these days im afraid, shame really as I used to get some excited about every England game

I'm quite intrigued by this game, Ireland should be up for it so it will be interesting to see if England actually step up.. Or just keep playing their unique brand of pedestrian football.

Not exactly the most likeable team in the world with Ashley Cole appointed as captain of the team for this game :lol:

I think their will be some trouble and some sectarian chanting at this game. The EDL/Casuals have been riled up recently and they'd probably want to let off steam at wembley.

Back