• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T The England Thread

Steven Taylor has been called into the England squad as a replacement for injured defender Gary Cahill.

Slightly more likely Caulker will start.

Though mostly amusing because Stoke fans are getting more and more wound up about Shawcross not being picked for the squad.

Michael Owen retiring at the end of the season.

Surely would have been England's greatest ever goalscorer at International level if not for injury.

One of the few players who actually turned up in the big games for England in tournaments.

Michael Owen retiring at the end of the season.

Surely would have been England's greatest ever goalscorer at International level if not for injury.

One of the few players who actually turned up in the big games for England in tournaments.

Will never forget:

[video=youtube;830klQBbHGc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=830klQBbHGc[/video]

Will never forget:

[video=youtube;830klQBbHGc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=830klQBbHGc[/video]

I get that people like Beckham because he is a great ambassador, but I don't get why people suck him off and claim he is one of our greatest ever players when he hasn't played well consistently in a tournament and played badly in pretty much all of the games we got knocked out in. But Owen scored important goals in the latter stages of tournaments, against big football nations, not Jamaica and Togo as Crouch has done.

Thanks for the memories Owen, especially the past 5 years

article-0-04D40CA10000044D-246_306x423.jpg

Rio's strict, pre-planned training schedule apparently includes him flying out to Qatar to work as a pundit for Al Jazeera for the England game.

Rio's strict, pre-planned training schedule apparently includes him flying out to Qatar to work as a pundit for Al Jazeera for the England game.

Shocking!!!!

That someone thinks it's actually a good idea to make Rio Ferdinand a pundit. The term "thicker than two short planks" was likely invented for him.

He claims he was flying out there for a holiday anyway, so he might as well be a pundit for a game he would watch anyway.

Makes sense to me, he's hardly going to sit in Manchester for 2 weeks with 20 million quid burning a hole in his pocket

I don't get the panic, smalling, lescott, caulker, Taylor are all as good as Ferdinand, Cahill, terry et al (ie not brilliant, not terrible, but good enough).

Also in Ferdinands defence this is the same FA who gave Terry (the root cause of all Englands recent woes) nothing more than a slap on the wrist for racially abusing his brother, had it been me Hodgson would have got a curt expletive when he asked. Get paid to analyse and have a holiday or be in a dressing room with cnuts like Gerrard and Cole, I know where I would be, especially for an insignificant second rate football match.

He claims he was flying out there for a holiday anyway, so he might as well be a pundit for a game he would watch anyway.

Makes sense to me, he's hardly going to sit in Manchester for 2 weeks with 20 million quid burning a hole in his pocket

Makes sense to me too. Players often fly out there to recuperate. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

There have been plenty of players down the years who have not taken their club performancs to the England stage, you can't level that accusation at Defoe though.

Back