• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Olympic Football 2012

No Kyle Walker then I assume. Wouldn't make any sense picking an overage right back if Kyle was in the squad too. Would be a bit of a waste.

No Kyle Walker then I assume. Wouldn't make any sense picking an overage right back if Kyle was in the squad too. Would be a bit of a waste.

Its obvious why he's picked Richards. He's played for Pearce when he was City Manager, they have a close relationship and Pearce feels Richards was done over by not been selected for the Euros. He'll probably play him centre half and Walker right back.

The less Spurs players in various nation's Olympic squads the better.

It will fudge up our pre season and most likely the first few months of the season proper if we have too many involved.

The less Spurs players in various nation's Olympic squads the better.

It will fudge up our pre season and most likely the first few months of the season proper if we have too many involved.

Get the excuses in early, i like it =D>

Get the excuses in early, i like it =D>

Ha!

But it would be a legitimate excuse, I think - especially with a new manager introducing new tactics and hoping to bed them in during pre season. Players that go all the way in the Olympic competition will miss pretty much the whole of pre season (unlikely to be UK players but could easily be Brazil and I think I read somewhere that Sandro will be in their Olympic squad).

Micah Richards, the man who refused to go to Euro2012, has been selected ahead of legend David Beckham. Stuart Pearce hang your head in shame

If it's based on merit how is Bellamy in there? There's even better CM's than Giggs around I'm sure.

Lennon / Johnson > Bellamy assuming Bellamy will be playing as a wide forward.

Lampard > Giggs (now) assuming Lampard's fit by then.

If it was Bellamy, Giggs and Beckham I could live with that, because it would be obvious why they were picked, the Welsh boys because they never played tournament football and Beckham because of all he's done. They're also still very good footballers so would be worth their place in the team even though other options may have been better from pure footballing pov.

and yea, refusing to make yourself available for your country shouldn't really mean you get to play in the Olympics !

Pearce is acting like a dingdong.

Disgrace Beckham wasn't picked. He's massively responsible for London getting the games in the first place.

I believe olympic teams need club's permission to call up over age player.
Could be reason why Adam Johnson, Aaron Lennon, Frank Lampard, Jonny Evans etc. isn't there

It's nothing against him as a person from my part,
just that I think the olympic team should be as strong as possible.

Back