• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

Sad.

Would wish him all the best, wouldnt blame him for saying yes,but would thank him for bringing a buzz back to the Club and getting us the chance to listen to 'that music' played at WHL for the very first time.

VenkysBlackburn Venky's Ltd
If the FA think they are taking Steve Kean off us they can fudge right off.

Read this on twitter. Put a smile on my face

For argument sake end of season. As mentioned in another thread he wouldn't leave now to do nothing for 3 months it don't make sense.

At end of the season, I'd be very grateful for what he's done and wish him well (especially if we've finished in the top 3\o/)

If earlier I'd be livid, but I guess a lot of that anger would be directed towards Capello and Terry.
How do you know he wouldn't leave now?

Why? All this 'innocent til proven guilty' stuff is absolute rubbish. As I posted the other day, if I was up for a racism charge I would highly expect to be suspended from my job.

Terry would never give up anything voluntarily. The idea of giving up the captaincy, or even quitting England given the current situation, will never even occur to him.

yeah i agree

but i do think they have stripped him of the captaincy because the rest of the squad not being able to respect him or follow his leadership rather than to punish him for the alleged racism - but yea, the FA have gone about it in totally the wrong way

Woodgate and Bowyer were excluded from the England squad before their court case. But its okay for Terry to stay as captain whilst according to reports half the England squad are giving him the silent treatment?

At end of the season, I'd be very grateful for what he's done and wish him well (especially if we've finished in the top 3\o/)

If earlier I'd be livid, but I guess a lot of that anger would be directed towards Capello and Terry.
How do you know he wouldn't leave now?

Well I don't. If he took over now he would have one friendly until June which I just don't think makes sense considering all he has to gain with us between now and May.

Terry would never give up anything voluntarily. The idea of giving up the captaincy, or even quitting England given the current situation, will never even occur to him.

I wasn't saying I would step down, I would be suspended. I don't expect Terry to give it up voluntarily, which meant the FA had to act.

How can you have a captain on a racism charge when half the team is black (how can you have a captain on a racism charge at all for that matter?)? It would have been an absolute farce.

I can't blame him if he takes the job at the end of the season. For some reason it's every English managers dream to manage England. It's either win the world cup (semi final seems to be the bare minimum requirement) or nothing else is considered good enough. He's got more chance of winning something with Spurs in the next 4 years than he does with England. There is no chance of England winning the world cup in Brazil. There should be at least 5 South American teams favoured ahead of us plus Spain, Germany and Holland but you just know the bookies will install us as 2nd favourites. If I was him I would take the job after the 2014 world cup and stay with us in the meantime. I cant have any hard feelings towards him. He's been the best Spurs manager in my lifetime. We play the best football I've ever seen Spurs play, and he's removed the soft centre that was always associated with Spurs.

Well I don't. If he took over now he would have one friendly until June which I just don't think makes sense considering all he has to gain with us between now and May.

I hope you're right. More importantly i hope he's able to keep focused if he does stay as we have a big month coming up.

I wasn't saying I would step down, I would be suspended. I don't expect Terry to give it up voluntarily, which meant the FA had to act.

How can you have a captain on a racism charge when half the team is black (how can you have a captain on a racism charge at all for that matter?)? It would have been an absolute farce.

It wasn't directed AT you. Just building on what you said.

Terry has no morals or shame. All he does, he does for himself. Shouldn't really be captain in the first place given how much of a clam he is.

Good to see Capello has stuck by that old Italian tradition of jumping ship when it has no captain!! :)

I think it's time to start firing off some Football Manager CVs. Does winning the Champions League with Exeter City count for much when considering candidates? I'm English which will surely help me with some of the criteria.

It wasn't directed AT you. Just building on what you said.

Terry has no morals or shame. All he does, he does for himself. Shouldn't really be captain in the first place given how much of a clam he is.

Oh right...glad we agree then! :D

SkySports idea of MORE on Daniel Levy's comment :ross:

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has refused to comment on the possibility of manager Harry Redknapp taking over as England boss on a part-time basis.

Fabio Capello stepped down as manager on Wednesday evening to spark a raft of speculation over who will succeed the Italian in the role ahead of this summer's European Championship.

Redknapp is a hot favourite for the job and it has been suggested he could complete the campaign with Spurs while also taking charge of England part-time - an idea chairman Levy has declined to comment on.

The FA have previously stated they would prefer an English manager in the role, making the 64-year-old a strong candidate.

A host of names have already been linked with the vacant position, including Roy Hodgson, Alan Pardew and Stuart Pearce.

Guus Hiddink is among the foreign managers to have been talked about in connection with the role, while Jose Mourinho and Arsene Wenger have also been mentioned.

I hope you're right. More importantly i hope he's able to keep focused if he does stay as we have a big month coming up.

This is key for me. Players talk, and watch SSN just like us. I hope they carry on doing what they've been doing all season and keep playing for the manager.

yeah i agree

but i do think they have stripped him of the captaincy because the rest of the squad not being able to respect him or follow his leadership rather than to punish him for the alleged racism - but yea, the FA have gone about it in totally the wrong way

probably true (and i would back that 100%) - but that needs to be made clear to the public and Capello, and i cant see how Capello could have an issue with it.

maybe this was just the excuse capello needed to break contract on the ground of constructive dismissal so he still gets a payout

@steff and markysimmo :- surprised you two are calm like this.

redknapp has said over and over again that if he was offered the england job he would take it. england have no manager literally on the same day harry is found innocent. Harry is the best english man for the job, the FA said they would like to go English next

even if harry does stay till end of the season his focus will be split surely. One mind on the euros and various factors to prepare for it and the other seeing off a great season for us

How is any of the factual events happening today good for us in a broad view? (harry innocent plus capello resigning. individually good news but together bad news)

iirc he's said it would be hard for an Englishman to turn down.

he's also that, personally, he'd miss the day-to-day player involvement if he were ever to be an international manager.

Back