• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

What are the chances of Harry having both jobs until the summer? Not much to do as the England manager until after the English season anyway. He'll be watching a lot of games anyway and surely has a good idea about what kind of squad should go already. I know he already said he wouldn't have both jobs, but that was when a relatively busy qualifying schedule was on and that would be very different to what would be the job from now until the summer.

If he does leave now we have to go for Hiddink. Was hoping for Mourinho if Harry was going in the summer, but there's no chance of us getting him mid season. Really hoping Harry stays with us full time or even part time until the summer, then make a permanent decision after the Euros.

Frustrating stuff.

NO fudging WAY HE SHARES THE fudging JOB!!! NO fudging WAY......100% focus of the YIDS until May.....then the media can have their man, before fudging the poor clam off at the first sign of trouble!

Gutted but understanding.

1) I really don't think he'd leave us midseason, and I can't see the FA waiting 'til our season is over to employ a new manager

2) Why on earth would anyone want the England job? It's like taking the reigns at Blackburn and being told that you're expected to win the league with no money.

That's the best analysis I've read in a long time!

The FA really are clams if they approach Harry now. Just let us finish the season at least ffs!

The FA can not leave the manager question unresolved until after the season ends. If Harry is their main target, and I thin he is, they will and must approach us now.

It will be down to Harry and Levy.

Darren Tulett @1DarrenTulett - "Tout le monde veut Redknapp. Dificile de voir quelqu'un d'autre que lui, m?¬me s'il est sous contrat. We want English. Bad news pour Spurs."

Benoit Assou-Ekotto @AssouEkotto: "@1DarrenTulett but who ll com to spurs!!!? Is the question -("

HarryRedknappSpacebook080212.JPG

hahaha "Likes Car Windows"

Last edited:
What other options do we have if we rule out another foreign import?

Hughes, Lambert, Rodgers, Pardew? I'm not convinced.

Hughes would be far too expensive. Probably on massive wages at QPR and would want tons of money for signings.

Rodgers the one at the moment. Maybe Mourinho for a few seasons, then Rodgers to replace him. [-o<

Darren Tulett @1DarrenTulett - "Tout le monde veut Redknapp. Dificile de voir quelqu'un d'autre que lui, m?¬me s'il est sous contrat. We want English. Bad news pour Spurs."

Benoit Assou-Ekotto @AssouEkotto: "@1DarrenTulett but who ll com to spurs!!!? Is the question -("

This is really turning into a nightmare for me. How lucky are we, seriously? We get a good manager and england want him ffs

Please Harry, stay!!

Our last two successful managers, Jol and Redknapp, we're small names in terms of popularity and look how they both done with us. Maybe such big name managers aren't so necessary?

Harry has been brilliant, he has succeeded beyond anyone's wildest dreams, Champions League? third since I don't know when? challenging for the title? playing the best football in the Premiership? just amazing.

If he leaves all I would say is - thank you, Harry, you've given us three fantastic years.

NO fudging WAY HE SHARES THE fudging JOB!!! NO fudging WAY......100% focus of the YIDS until May.....then the media can have their man, before fudging the poor clam off at the first sign of trouble!

So far this season he's had to share his focus between Spurs, the court case and his surgery.

This isn't up to the media, or The FA. In the end it's up to Harry and Levy. Mainly Harry.

If Harry wants this enough the question becomes about what is best for us under the circumstances.

A. Keep an unhappy manager against his will.

B. Allow Harry to leave and find someone else.

C. Allow Harry to manage England and Spurs at the same time. Considering that the England only have one single friendly between now and the end of the Premier League season and that his workload with England should be marginal.

If[/B the choice becomes one between these 3, option C might be better than option A. Really depends on what other managers are available right now and how well we think Harry would do for us while also having the England job part time.

Aaah f*ck it, bring back Ossie:

-------------------Friedel-------------------
--------Kaboul-----Dawson----King---------
--------------Parker-----Sandro------------
---------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------
Azza---VdV---------Ade-----Modders----Bale

Easy...

Our last two successful managers, Jol and Redknapp, we're small names in terms of popularity and look how they both done with us. Maybe such big name managers aren't so necessary?

that's my view

all we needs is a manager who is good with his players and can motivate and basically just plays them how they liked to be played - not over complicate things with elaborate tactics.

Hughes would be far too expensive. Probably on massive wages at QPR and would want tons of money for signings.

Rodgers the one at the moment. Maybe Mourinho for a few seasons, then Rodgers to replace him. [-o<

If we need a new manager from the summer, Mourinho should be first choice.

If we need someone straight away, Hiddink should be first choice.

For me that's almost a no brainer.

This could only happen to Spurs. We'll now finish 5th behind 4th placed Arsenal, with Alan Curbishley at helm, who will be sacked 6 weeks into season 2012/13.

Back