• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

I’d offer to triple Potters wages
That way your testing his appetite for the job with money being “fixed for him”
My worry is does Paratici have that outlook
To persuade levy on Nuno he had to use the reference from Spain

I’d offer to triple Potters wages
That way your testing his appetite for the job with money being “fixed for him”
My worry is does Paratici have that outlook
To persuade levy on Nuno he had to use the reference from Spain
Paratici is an unknown for me, not sure how much clout he has?
Maybe if he was Pottertino he’d go for him?

But would our supporters give him the time that he needs. Whoever comes in, we are mid season and extremely unlikely to snap from our current malaise to title winning form. And if he doesn’t think that we would support the team and him through those spells them he’s risking throwing it away only to be another short term victim with us.

Right now, he must be enjoying life at Brighton. We need him to believe that life can be that good for him with us.

A manager in his situation always risks the Alan Curbishly story. I.e. if his trajectory doesn't see him jump to the bottom of a new upward curve, he'll plateau and start declining, and maybe never get his shot at the big time. Eddie Howe is maybe another example

I really respect Levy for what he’s achieved off the pitch for Spurs - there are very few that could - but I’m increasingly coming round the idea that he is ultimately accountable for the malaise of the culture at the club. It stinks. I know someone who works there and even five years ago - in the golden days! - he was saying how crap it was to work there. I can only imagine what the mood is now.

I'm a big fan of levy, but the bit in the Amazon doc where him and jose sat down with Eriksen worries me.
Ut was obvious Eriksen wanted out, his performance was suffering and yet levy was intent on resigning him. It was like watching a teenager trying to talk his much prettier gf out of dumpi g him.

If I was Potter, I’d wait till Rodgers gets that bigger move and head to Leicester. We’re a basket case club currently.

Bigger move? Rodgers needs to get his act together or he has a problem.

A manager in his situation always risks the Alan Curbishly story. I.e. if his trajectory doesn't see him jump to the bottom of a new upward curve, he'll plateau and start declining, and maybe never get his shot at the big time. Eddie Howe is maybe another example

Players face the same issue as you can see with Kane.

Exactly the sort of manager levy and Co would want. Take a calculated punt on a manager who will play to their rules due to being naive in what it takes to win titles.

Wouldn't cost the most either. Both points ticked.

Director of football might say something about Potter playing over the halfway line.

I'm a big fan of levy, but the bit in the Amazon doc where him and jose sat down with Eriksen worries me.
Ut was obvious Eriksen wanted out, his performance was suffering and yet levy was intent on resigning him. It was like watching a teenager trying to talk his much prettier gf out of dumpi g him.

Bigger move? Rodgers needs to get his act together or he has a problem.
Yes he’s definitely in a sticky patch atm. He should’ve left at the end of last season on a high with the cup win, although I’m not sure what jobs were exactly out there for him.

A very small pool that City fish in and usually succed. They will go for elite managers and players. End of. Potter does not fit the bill. They don't need someone to simmer on.
And as I say…. Their really isn’t an elite that exists beyond the 3 I’ve mentioned

Yes he’s definitely in a sticky patch atm. He should’ve left at the end of last season on a high with the cup win, although I’m not sure what jobs were exactly out there for him.

The manager and the players a lot of spurs supporters wanted, yet they are doing as bad as us.
Its a funny old game, so someone once said.

Howe has already failed at Burnley

And as I say…. Their really isn’t an elite that exists beyond the 3 I’ve mentioned

You can say whatever you like, but city will go after a title winning manager with some pedigree. That excludes Potter immediately.

Since being doped name one City manager that has taken charge that hasn't won a title. Just one.

Ill even do you one better, I'll bet you £100 that Potter is not going to be Man Citys next manager and the loser donates the money to charity of choice.

The manager and the players a lot of spurs supporters wanted, yet they are doing as bad as us.
Its a funny old game, so someone once said.
I think football is increasingly cyclical and he should’ve left on a relative high last season, in spite of the two botched Champions League pushes. For me, it was inevitable they’d regress this year, Rodgers or not. They’ve also suffered quite a bit from injuries if I’m not mistaken.

Nuno Espirito Santo could be sacked just four months after being appointed as Tottenham Hotspur head coach after it emerged the club are considering making a change.

Telegraph Sport can reveal that the 3-0 home defeat to Manchester United has prompted talks within Spurs over Nuno’s future, with discussions being held on Sunday over whether or not to make an immediate change.

A decision could be made swiftly following back-to-back Premier League defeats to United and West Ham United, which has resulted in mutiny among Spurs fans.

Tottenham supporters sang ‘you don’t know what you’re doing’ at Nuno during Saturday night’s defeat to United and also chanted for chairman Daniel Levy to leave the club.

I feel for Nuno. He’s not a bad coach at all, his style just isn’t suited for the players we have or the culture of the club and it’s fans.

I’ve stuck up for him, but he needs to go. More importantly for the sake of him than the club. He is a thoroughly decent person who has walked into a brick show from top to bottom here and it is not going to do his reputation as a coach any good, and things are getting toxic in the stands which he most definitely does not deserve as supporters are voicing their displeasure from a time way before he was here.

He needs to go for himself, as much as we need him to go to try and build somehow in a different direction. But I will not say a bad word about Nuno, as he was willing to take on a ridiculously difficult job and has been nothing but dignified throughout his short tenure…..

Nuno Espirito Santo could be sacked just four months after being appointed as Tottenham Hotspur head coach after it emerged the club are considering making a change.

Telegraph Sport can reveal that the 3-0 home defeat to Manchester United has prompted talks within Spurs over Nuno’s future, with discussions being held on Sunday over whether or not to make an immediate change.

A decision could be made swiftly following back-to-back Premier League defeats to United and West Ham United, which has resulted in mutiny among Spurs fans.

Tottenham supporters sang ‘you don’t know what you’re doing’ at Nuno during Saturday night’s defeat to United and also chanted for chairman Daniel Levy to leave the club.

Ryan Mason likes this

Back