• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

I’ve seen speculation linking Fonseca to be the one to take over should Nuno leave.

Really hope we don’t get rid of Nuno only to then appoint Fonseca. If that’s the plan we may as well keep Nuno. It’s time to realise that manager is one position you take seriously. I have not seen anything to suggest that Fonseca would be able to turn us around.

I’ve seen speculation linking Fonseca to be the one to take over should Nuno leave.

Really hope we don’t get rid of Nuno only to then appoint Fonseca. If that’s the plan we may as well keep Nuno. It’s time to realise that manager is one position you take seriously. I have not seen anything to suggest that Fonseca would be able to turn us around.

I think the reason for that change would be as much about playing style as anything else. Fonseca plays attacking football. I'd rather we try to beat the opposition with attacking football, even if we end up failing and finish 5th in the league. Playing turgid defensive football just isnt of interest and fans would turn away from the club

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom"

I think the reason for that change would be as much about playing style as anything else. Fonseca plays attacking football. I'd rather we try to beat the opposition with attacking football, even if we end up failing and finish 5th in the league. Playing turgid defensive football just isnt of interest and fans would turn away from the club

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom"
I wouldn't see 5th as failure.

Given the atmosphere yesterday and with another home game in just 4 days' time, I'm guessing we'll have a decision very soon. That said, levy will know how much of a f a r c e the last search looked so presumabyl he'll want to have the next man lined up before firing nuno

Last edited:
Presumably these chaps are both managed by Jorge Mendes rather than Charlie Kane?

It is a joke how we seem to be Mendes FC. First Mourinho, then Nuno. Plus a number of players who have Mendes as an agent signed for us. Doherty signed, barely got a look in under any manager. Wonder why we signed him? Oh. Same for Wolves. Wolves are the more notable example and Lage is on Mendes’s books too.

I hate our club seemingly being in the pockets of a football agent. I think football agents are massively overpaid for what they offer.

oh and guess which then footballer was first player on Mendes’s books….Nuno

Remember the fun times with the managerial search in the summer? We could have that ‘ITK’ bandwagon to look forward to again. Ali Gold must be licking his lips with the potential click through rates coming his way…..

Indeed we can never have enough flimflam/made up opinions.

Back