• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

Potter is definitely the manager we should get next but I could see him not being overly fussed about joining our circus.
He won’t come here
He knows he can pick his next move
Although I’m not sure where would be next for him
Possibly city when Pep gets bored

No brainer.

Potter, Ten Haag, Gallardo, to name a few, there are options out there (might take a bit of convincing but all could be attainable). We need a project manager, someone who gets his squads punching above their weight (sounds obvious I know), because the funds of the sportswashing clubs won’t be available here. Not another safe, boring, passive manager.
I agree
But fans have to accept you can’t judge a project manager on 10 games

I agree
But fans have to accept you can’t judge a project manager on 10 games
Not on results no, but I think after 10 games / 3 months you would see some sort of change of system or plan of playing. As long as fans saw that then I think he’d get buy in. Not what we are currently being served up for example.

Not on results no, but I think after 10 games / 3 months you would see some sort of change of system or plan of playing. As long as fans saw that then I think he’d get buy in. Not what we are currently being served up for example.
Don’t agree
Again I’ve highlighted it before but fans were not happy in Pochs 10 games… there is a lot to re writing of history on that front. He even highlights it in his book.
Someone posted earlier than Jose a first 10 games had us top forgetting go the season before
Football fans have very short memories as games come thick and fast

He has changed his team
Admittedly he has IMO more players of the right standards available
He also doesn’t have the issues we have behind the scenes with players not wanting to be there
And the guy can coach… he may not be a great manager but he knows how to coach
So after 18 months he finally has his players buy in
Still not convinced by players or manager they are so fragile
PS just watched Brighton on MOTD very good

Last edited:
100% be gobsmacked if Potter goes to city in his next move. No chance.

Potters next move has to be someone like Spurs, Arsenal, Leicester etc
Why?
Who would city get otherwise?
Said it earlier you can name the 3 best managers in the world and you have them in the prem already (pep, Klopp and now a Tuchel). Beyond that it’s very meh…
The standouts are guys elevating clubs with style and substance
Gallardo has done it in Argentina
potter is doing it at Brighton
Not seen anyone do it recently in Germany
Spain??? Anyone
I do rate Galtier but why didn’t a bigger club get him this summer?

I could see Liverpool going for Potter after Klopp if not Gerrard, who could maybe do with a Prem club on his CV first.

Potter is definitely the manager we should get next but I could see him not being overly fussed about joining our circus.
Ignore current performances, any manager at a club the size of Brighton would leave to join a club like Spurs in a heartbeat.

If he gets things right with Brighton then he's fighting for a Europa place. If he gets things right with Spurs then he's fighting for the title.

My concern with Potter is the same as with Poch - he's never managed a team at the sharp end of the league and that's a very different challenge to anything he's ever faced.

Why?
Who would city get otherwise?
Said it earlier you can name the 3 best managers in the world and you have them in the prem already (pep, Klopp and now a Tuchel). Beyond that it’s very meh…
The standouts are guys elevating clubs with style and substance
Gallardo has done it in Argentina
potter is doing it at Brighton
Not seen anyone do it recently in Germany
Spain??? Anyone
I do rate Galtier but why didn’t a bigger club get him this summer?

You can say what you like but by the time city are ready to replace pep, Potter will not be in the running, it will be someone who has won a league abroad, as they have always done since being financially doped.

Who is that right man, given the squad imbalances / lack of motivation? I’m not sure anyone that would be a good mid/long-term fit is available mid season, unless Levy pays way over the odds for them and we know that’s not really his MO.
He has paid managers very well previously. Mourinho was paid 8-10m a year.
Potter is on 1.5m, so it's well within budget to offer a big increase on that.

Ignore current performances, any manager at a club the size of Brighton would leave to join a club like Spurs in a heartbeat.

If he gets things right with Brighton then he's fighting for a Europa place. If he gets things right with Spurs then he's fighting for the title.

My concern with Potter is the same as with Poch - he's never managed a team at the sharp end of the league and that's a very different challenge to anything he's ever faced.
He can't do any worse than Nuno and it will be a lot more entertaining. There's only one way to find out if he can do a job at the sharp end...

Exactly the sort of manager levy and Co would want. Take a calculated punt on a manager who will play to their rules due to being naive in what it takes to win titles.

Wouldn't cost the most either. Both points ticked.

I thought he had already rejected us? He is in a job where he is doing well, and that may be far more important to him than doubling or trebling his pay packet.

He has paid managers very well previously. Mourinho was paid 8-10m a year.
Potter is on 1.5m, so it's well within budget to offer a big increase on that.
If I was Potter, I’d wait till Rodgers gets that bigger move and head to Leicester. We’re a basket case club currently.

You can say what you like but by the time city are ready to replace pep, Potter will not be in the running, it will be someone who has won a league abroad, as they have always done since being financially doped.
That’s a very very small pool

But would our supporters give him the time that he needs. Whoever comes in, we are mid season and extremely unlikely to snap from our current malaise to title winning form. And if he doesn’t think that we would support the team and him through those spells them he’s risking throwing it away only to be another short term victim with us.

Right now, he must be enjoying life at Brighton. We need him to believe that life can be that good for him with us.

Back