• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
Where's this "baldini should take over" stuff coming from, has he ever been a manager? Seems absolutely ridiculous to me.

No doubt Harry's tucking into a very large wad of schadenfreude right now, and who can blame him. Should never have been sacked -if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It was broke. A man who leaves us to flounder while he dreams about England and then returns haughtily demanding a new contract when the FA rejects him and after we slump to a finish outside the CL places...is not a man I want in charge of this club, blundering successor notwithstanding.

Start again, then. Sigh.

Joachim Löw

Hmmmmm.... the first name that's made me go ping! Not going to happen though, but at least a suggestion that makes a bit of sense.

Klinsmann?? Did anyone hear about his coaching ineptitude from the Philip Lahm autobiography?
Capello?? Mancicni?? Please!

Even Benitez - who I don't rate as great - would be a better shout (and he isn't going to leave Napoli to come here..)

Cant say I noticed it myself, and havent had a chance to check again, but..at the end of the match at Sunderland the wife said to me that although AVB went to congratulate the players, hardly any of them could look him in the eye and she said at the time that something didnt seem right.

Interesting...anyone else notice this?

Actually did anyone else hear what Pedro Pinto had to say about us and AVB in the last TheGame Podcast from The Times??

Low would require one hell of a pay package to come here and I would imagine that after the World Cup (where Germany will do very well), they will be many many offers. I reckon if Low doesn't end up at a German club it'll be Man UTD.

BTW how do i get the umlaut over the o?

Low would require one hell of a pay package to come here and I would imagine that after the World Cup (where Germany will do very well), they will be many many offers. I reckon if Low doesn't end up at a German club it'll be Man UTD.

BTW how do i get the umlaut over the o?

With skillz ;)

Nor did I. I remember someone asking if Pinto was reliable but when I asked why they didn't answer. Can anyone say what he said?

That was....me.....8-[

Basically Pinto said he didn't think we'd make top 4 because he said AVB had brought in too many players and has 'alienated some of the players with his odd methods and philosophies'. He basically said if top 4 is how we judge him this year then we and he are doomed to fail

Listen on soundcloud (I think in the last 10 mins and during the 'quick hits' section) here: https://soundcloud.com/the-game-podcast/is-david-moyes-to-blame

Interesting...anyone else notice this?

Actually did anyone else hear what Pedro Pinto had to say about us and AVB in the last TheGame Podcast from The Times??

i didn't?

Nor did I. I remember someone asking if Pinto was reliable but when I asked why they didn't answer. Can anyone say what he said?

He said **** all really. link to the exact bit.
https://soundcloud.com/the-game-podcast/is-david-moyes-to-blame#t=38:35

Anyone remember Jose Pekerman, thought the Argies played great stuff in 2006 wc.

really swift innovative style though some crazy substitutions that led to their exit.

doubt he speaks any English and no idea what he's up to.

We can't afford another manager taking the summer + the start of next season implementing his philosophies. If we are going to change managers, I would rather someone be appointed now and given the rest of the season (in the league, at least) to implement his style, adapt to the league and make a list of the players he wants out and the ones he wants in.

If we miraculously manage to scrape past West Ham in the COC Quarter-final, then even better, the new man will have an opportunity to win a trophy quickly, endearing him to the fans and players.

Of course, we could just stick with AVB and see where it takes us. If he wins a trophy this season, it won't be a total write-off.

We can't afford another manager taking the summer + the start of next season implementing his philosophies. If we are going to change managers, I would rather someone be appointed now and given the rest of the season (in the league, at least) to implement his style, adapt to the league and make a list of the players he wants out and the ones he wants in.

If we miraculously manage to scrape past West Ham in the COC Quarter-final, then even better, the new man will have an opportunity to win a trophy quickly, endearing him to the fans and players.

Of course, we could just stick with AVB and see where it takes us. If he wins a trophy this season, it won't be a total write-off.

Possibly but can you really bear watching us play AVB style footbal for another how ever many games? I'd rather have caretaker manager, while Levy sorts out someone out for straight after the world cup -or even before. Otherwise, barring miracles, we will be in manager limboland at a crucial time during the pre-season/transfer window -as usual.

Said nothing????

Er how about when he said 'he alienates too many players with his eccentric ways of seeing the game'??

If IF that were true that would be Chelski all over again a big split in the dressing room. We can argue all we like about his tactics etc but if he lost the dressing room that would be the most worrying thing and would be the end imo.

The question is, has he only alienated the ones we know of (Ade and BAE) or are there others playing on despite not agreeing with him. Siggy looks like one of them and to an extent Jan. From open play Sig has got goals yet he has been benched now with no immediate way out.

The question is, has he only alienated the ones we know of (Ade and BAE) or are there others playing on despite not agreeing with him. Siggy looks like one of them and to an extent Jan. From open play Sig has got goals yet he has been benched now with no immediate way out.

This for me is the 100 Million dollar question, I guess we'll find out soon enough....

Has the air of Jol sacking season, when we went on to win a trophy.

My money's on an interim coach while they secure their man/men. I like the sound of De Boer. I think Sherwood will get the short-term nod along with Freund perhaps…the Hoddle whispers make no sense, despite their strength, for a variety of reasons. But the one thing I believe is that he is going to make a change sooner than later. I'd say Lewis is demanding it. And it's been echoing for a while now…we love a topsy-turvey drama…:-(

Said nothing????

Er how about when he said 'he alienates too many players with his eccentric ways of seeing the game'??

If IF that were true that would be Chelski all over again a big split in the dressing room. We can argue all we like about his tactics etc but if he lost the dressing room that would be the most worrying thing and would be the end imo.

If he had followed it up with even the tiniest bit of detail it would have been interesting. I cant see Pedro Pinto, the Portuguese based CNN anchor knowing anything about the Spurs dressing room.

Back