• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
What do people think of Hoddle as a caretaker then?

Not the answer.

**** a caretaker. If Levy wants AVB gone, give him until the end of the season. He will NOT get us relegated so that's fine, if anything the least he'll get us is no European football which a lot of you want anyway if we can't get Champions League football as you all seem to hate the Europa League. In the mean time, Levy can communicate with Baldini and get him to draw up a list of managers who he thinks can give us long term success, someone who would be loyal to the team, get the best out of the team and make us an entertaining team to watch.

Think it's probable actually. I worry about it based on the team he said he'd play. Lamela and Eriksen will be left out for Lennon and Townsend

He'd never go through with it.

He loves Eriksen from the way he talks about him whenever he's a pundit on Sky.

Re: Capello at the game tonight

I respect your points. They are well made. The team needs stability, sacking AVB will achieve the opposite. After the Manu game I was please to see us play well as a team. We passed into space and had runners driving into that space. We were unlucky to lose. I though AVB is trying to sort the obvious problems.

I disagree that we are not far off the top 4. You look at the movement and passing of top teams. We just grind out results. We're not confident, we're not a team unit, we're not scoring. We are kidding ourselves that we're not far off other teams. But we have a bunch of good technical players. Yet they are not connecting, not playing well as a team. 'How long will this team take to gel' was the question at the beginning of the season. I don't think AVB has managed to gel or lead the team, that is the problem.

We are miles off the Top 4 .. the league has got better in terms of the lesser teams getting nearer the top 4 and not one outstanding team in this league. My view is he should stay until the summer did Liverpool not go through this last season ? Rodgers brought lots of new players and struggled look at them now ? Sacking avb would get us no where.. A manager that comes in will want he own players and will change it all up again. Hate to say but look at the scum well run in regards to give their manager a chance.

If AVB is sacked and we bring in Hoddle then I am going to jump off a bridge. It will be like Kevin Keegan and Saudi Sportswashing Machine back in 2008 all over again, f'ing shambles.

Solskjær is a loose/loose alternative. He has not proven anything as a manager, so it is a big risk. But if he become a success he be of to ManU in no time. He´s biggest dream is to manage ManU...

If AVB is sacked and we bring in Hoddle then I am going to jump off a bridge. It will be like Kevin Keegan and Saudi Sportswashing Machine back in 2008 all over again, f'ing shambles.

Yeh i'd rather AVB stayed then Hoddle if i really am honest.

---------------Sandro---------Dembele----------------

-Lennon---------------Eriksen--------------Townsend-

-----------------------Defoe---------------------------

Based on his comments whilst analysing us...that would be Hoddle's preferred line up.

Where did you get the idea that Baldini and AVB were close. Enrique is Baldini's man. I cant see Baldini coming out and saying the think he said about Enrique when he was under pressure.

We are the third club AVB and Baldini have tried to work together at. AVB tried to get Baldini employed at Chelsea, and Baldini tried to get AVB employed at Roma.

I actually think one of the things hamstringing us a bit of the moment is that Levy's not handing over his responsibilities to Baldini properly.

What do people think of Hoddle as a caretaker then?

Would be an absolute disaster. Hoddle is AVB, but with a bigger ego, worse people skills and tactics 15 years out of date.

The thought of Levy calling up the Ajax execs and the reaction they would have at least gave me a slight smile for the first time in a couple of hours.

Cheers.

What is it about De Boer that makes him your preferred candidate GB? He's obviously unproven as a manager outside Holland, but just as obviously he's gotten a young talented Ajax side to play some very exciting football in Europe (and probably at home too). Anything more going on?

Things I like about De Boer
- Completely schooled in the Ajax tradition
- Intelligent
- Has integrity/decency
- Work with/respected by Verts and Eriksen
- Great managerial record

Re: Capello at the game tonight

I think we have passed the ball this season.....obviously not today but in general over the course of all our league games passing has not been a problem.

Its the dynamism that I miss the thought that we could cut open teams with quick incisive passes through the middle or devestating wing play.......lennon & Bale on the wings VDV so clever just off a striker..... modric just controlling games and making the jaw drop with a key pass.

Ive read plenty of posts about avb & our team not doing things the spurs way......i didnt dismiss them but I believed that our play would come good and we would start showing signs of clicking. I thought patience was the key.

but today my faith is smashed by how inept we were from start to finish.....especially so close after the city debacle.

now I am missing the belief that we can achieve anything this season....the thought that we could achieve something special this season.....thats why I love spurs......the thought that we can shake off the nearly men tag and do something incredible.....I no longer believe that AVB can make my dreams as a spurs fan come true.

so so hard to admit but I cant ignore that offering so close to what happened at the etihad........gonna take a long time to get over this.....am now very much meh regarding avb.

I think what you are trying to say is that you had faith in AVB and that it was probably misplaced!
Fair enough!

I think Baldini will be caretaker manager until the end of the season.
Long term my first choice would be Paul Lambert. Once he gets a big job he'll take a team all the way.

Long term my first choice would be Paul Lambert. Once he gets a big job he'll take a team all the way.

First suggestion of the thread I don't dislike.

Last edited:

Is that a joke?

Has baldini ever managed a team in his life?

What do you think lambert does better than AVB?

:ross: :ross: :ross: :ross: :ross: :ross: :ross:

So we're paying this guy to scout players and set up deals and find our next manager. He one of the best in the business at making transfer deals happen and finding players.
He's not gonna suddenly decide to become a manager on a temporary basis for the first time in his life.

Back