• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
im sure David Moyes would be available

but whoever comes in is going to have a problem - he will inherit a squad with loads of CM's, average and unbalanced wide players and a lack of strikers. (unless he can work out a way for Defoe and Soldado to play together or sort Ade out)

Give AVB to the end of the season? Who else would you get as a stopgap?

Unless AVB has lost the dressing room. If he has, he has to go. Today's quite mind-blowing shocker and shambles would rather suggest that could be the case.

I desperately wanted AVB to succeed. Our track record of managerial hirings and firings (over the last 20 years) is just as shocking as today's shambles, and I really hoped that AVB would be the end of that. Unfortunately, I fear that AVB has run out of his 9 lives and it may now be too late. One thing I am sure of; there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than we know about.

If he is going, there should be one man only to succeed AVB.

It shouldn't be Hoddle. Jeez, no.
No-one who cannot speak English.
Redknapp? Never, ever.
Benitez? Maybe.

If there has to be a stop gap for the rest of the season, Martin Jol has unfinished business.......

But the one man to get the job, post World Cup, has to be one Jurgen Klinnsmann. World superstar player, hugely respected (especially by current players, to look up to), age on his side, old Spurs-boy, now successful in management and a big enough name to attract the right players.

If the worst comes to the worst, get it right this time Levy.

A year and a half ago I thought one man was the right man for the job, and he was manager at Wigan AFC at that time. But, according to some on here, he wasn't good enough for Spurs, apparently. Right! No chance of him now. If AVB goes, Klinnsmann - now - is the only man for the job, and Levy should camp out on his doorstep until he says yes.

Frankly Tony Pulis would do a better job of managing our home games than AVB. I am trying to work out if Lennon etc took a big wedge to play poorly, or what the **** happened today. Everyone was poor. Some were worse than poor but almost everyone was just poor. How can we perform so badly?

Like everyone else I am just gobsmacked.

Frankly Tony Pulis would do a better job of managing our home games than AVB. I am trying to work out if Lennon etc took a big wedge to play poorly, or what the **** happened today. Everyone was poor. Some were worse than poor but almost everyone was just poor. How can we perform so badly?

Like everyone else I am just gobsmacked.

Walker and Chadli were fine, Lloris and Soldado acceptable and I dont think Lennon was bad. the problem as always is that despite AVB being in charge for 18 months we have no system or engrained way of playing, no clue of how to break an opposition down and the players look like strangers. That is unacceptable. He needs to go

im sure David Moyes would be available

but whoever comes in is going to have a problem - he will inherit a squad with loads of CM's, average and unbalanced wide players and a lack of strikers. (unless he can work out a way for Defoe and Soldado to play together or sort Ade out)

We have a decent squad - the new manager needs to approach it initially like an international manager does, being that he needs to pick the system to suit the players

Why Klinsmann? He did ok(ish) with his one season at Bayern. He's married to an American and lives there, I'm not sure he'd even want to leave the USA national team to come and manage us, and has very little experience as a club manager.

Unless AVB has lost the dressing room. If he has, he has to go. Today's quite mind-blowing shocker and shambles would rather suggest that could be the case.

I desperately wanted AVB to succeed. Our track record of managerial hirings and firings (over the last 20 years) is just as shocking as today's shambles, and I really hoped that AVB would be the end of that. Unfortunately, I fear that AVB has run out of his 9 lives and it may now be too late. One thing I am sure of; there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than we know about.

Redknapp? Never, ever.
Benitez? Maybe.

If there has to be a stop gap for the rest of the season, Martin Jol has unfinished business.......

But the one man to get the job, post World Cup, has to be one Jurgen Klinnsmann. World superstar player, hugely respected (especially by current players, to look up to), age on his side, old Spurs-boy, now successful in management and a big enough name to attract the right players.

A year and a half ago I thought one man was the right man for the job, and he was manager at Wigan AFC at that time. But, according to some on here, he wasn't good enough for Spurs, apparently. Right! No chance of him now. If AVB goes, Klinnsmann - now - is the only man for the job, and Levy should camp out on his doorstep until he says yes.

Klinsmann's just signed a contract extension with the US national team. No disrespect to our transatlantic cousins intended but I guess that he really enjoys the California sun.

I think if we could snag De Boer the more experienced pros like Vertonghen would probably stay on another year to see how things go.
Klinsmann is what the romanticist in me thinks, I just worry that it won't work out like we want it to. Has he done any club management?

Regardless of who we get though, they need to be ready to jump in the hot seat straight away. In a way that is why I want to see a new manager before the end of the season, so they can use the rest of this season as a competitive pre season, assess the squad and make their shopping list. Then come the first game of next season we will have a settled game plan. Hiring a coach after the world cup means next season is going to be transitional and increases the chances of us losing any stars we may have/have developed. So yes, as much as I like AVB, I still think that for the good of our club we hire our new coach/manager before the end of March.

I do like AVB though :(

Redknapp? Never, ever.
Benitez? Maybe.

Cant say I noticed it myself, and havent had a chance to check again, but..at the end of the match at Sunderland the wife said to me that although AVB went to congratulate the players, hardly any of them could look him in the eye and she said at the time that something didnt seem right.

I think if we could snag De Boer the more experienced pros like Vertonghen would probably stay on another year to see how things go. Klinsmann is what the romanticist in me thinks, I just worry that it won't work out like we want it to. Has he done any club management?

Regardless of who we get though, they need to be ready to jump in the hot seat straight away. In a way that is why I want to see a new manager before the end of the season, so they can use the rest of this season as a competitive pre season, assess the squad and make their shopping list. Then come the first game of next season we will have a settled game plan. Hiring a coach after the world cup means next season is going to be transitional and increases the chances of us losing any stars we may have/have developed. So yes, as much as I like AVB, I still think that for the good of our club we hire our new coach/manager before the end of March.

I do like AVB though :(

Good points

They read it here first then made a story up :)

I'd favour De Boer personally, Capello maybe, but I'd treat his appointment the same as I did AVBs: with neither excitement nor disappointment.

tbh, I'm not sure I care, I don't think AVB is the problem and I think anyone who would take the job is gonna do worse

The guy swapped LB at 2-0 down. He took off Soldado against City. He ain't got a clue.

We have the best squad. Anybody who isn't a doughnut would make us challengers. F

The guy swapped LB at 2-0 down. He took off Soldado against City. He ain't got a clue.

We have the best squad. Anybody who isn't a doughnut would make us challengers. F

Absolutely It's criminal to lose 5-0 at home with the talent we have.

So conflicted, really would like to see AVB turn it around, but 5-0 & 6-0 scorelines aren't acceptable.

maybe De Boer or a Benitz (and I'm not a fan), Mancini type would be the mold of manager we should go with, proven, not too young, not too old

No doubt Harry's tucking into a very large wad of schadenfreude right now, and who can blame him. Should never have been sacked -if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Back