• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
Sure. Just saying there's a huge amount of chance in any appointment and not sure we should just jump at whoever is flavour of the month.

De Boer looks promising. He'd also command a lot of respect.

Pochettino, undecided. Needs to at least finish this season well.

The current Sporting coach, Jardim. Has done well in Greece, but somehow got fired despite leading the league by ten points. Might be too many similarities to AVB.

We might have to look beyond someone proven at a top club though.

Jardim was fired for sleeping with the chairman's wife!

Re: Capello at the game tonight

You summed it up. I don't understand the nonchalance.

There is no evidence to suggest we will start to play well, that is the problem. Maybe you can convince me.

We have played well though, I meant in a single game this is the worst, but on the whole we have been doing well. We have shown fight to come from behind away from home, we've ground out results and for the first time (albeit against Anzhi) we really started looking like a team. We are making decent progress, but we can't expect too much too soon. No matter who we appoint, they will not do a great deal better.

We should let AVB and the team learn from these mistakes, because we are not far off being a top 4 team. Appointing a new manager now would be a massive set-back.

We have played well though, I meant in a single game this is the worst, but on the whole we have been doing well. We have shown fight to come from behind away from home, we've ground out results and for the first time (albeit against Anzhi) we really started looking like a team. We are making decent progress, but we can't expect too much too soon. No matter who we appoint, they will not do a great deal better.

We should let AVB and the team learn from these mistakes, because we are not far off being a top 4 team. Appointing a new manager now would be a massive set-back.

We haven't played well at all. And much more worryingly, our style and manner of play has been getting worse as the season has gone on.

Isn't Steffen Freund a highly rated manager? well.. coach?

Wasn't their offers from some German clubs in the summer? Fill in until the summer?

Good post.

I just want to see us pass the ball again. I really miss that.

I think we have passed the ball this season.....obviously not today but in general over the course of all our league games passing has not been a problem.

Its the dynamism that I miss the thought that we could cut open teams with quick incisive passes through the middle or devestating wing play.......lennon & Bale on the wings VDV so clever just off a striker..... modric just controlling games and making the jaw drop with a key pass.

Ive read plenty of posts about avb & our team not doing things the spurs way......i didnt dismiss them but I believed that our play would come good and we would start showing signs of clicking. I thought patience was the key.

but today my faith is smashed by how inept we were from start to finish.....especially so close after the city debacle.

now I am missing the belief that we can achieve anything this season....the thought that we could achieve something special this season.....thats why I love spurs......the thought that we can shake off the nearly men tag and do something incredible.....I no longer believe that AVB can make my dreams as a spurs fan come true.

so so hard to admit but I cant ignore that offering so close to what happened at the etihad........gonna take a long time to get over this.....am now very much meh regarding avb.

Rafa Benitez. lolz.

Seriously aren't you guys just fed up of going around and around in circles?

We hire Glenn Hoddle, the man with the vision, the hero status to build a project. We lose and get Pleat in as caretaker.

We hire Santini, the man to rival Wenger and start our new project with Jol and Arnsesen on board. Fails spectacularly leaving us with BMJ which is a great success for the most part.

Things go stale and Levy goes back to the big project dream with Jol having improved us and "taking us as far as he could".

Promising manager of Sevilla (one of the best football sides in that year), Juande Ramos comes in. Immediate success, and even a trophy win. Things are looking good with this new project...

Until it spectacularly goes wrong and we end up bottom with 2 points from 8 games.

Here comes Harry, again not one of Levy's "project" type managers, but one that does very very well motivating a group of talented players, identifies weak points and addresses them.

Take us as far as he can, and is sacked.

AVB the man backed for the latest "project" to take us to the promise land. Inherits a Gareth Bale inspired spurs side who record their record points total in the Premier league.

Things start going south as we re-invest heavily in the squad having lost our only world class talent.

and here we go again...

oh to be a Spurs fan

**** me that's depressingly true.

Hoddle did always push for the 3-5-2 with Carr and Ziege wasn't it?? That team still looks poor though, Townsend is in no way suited to that role and neither Paulinho nor Sandro is gonna give you the graft needed to open up a defence. Heck ill put my own name forward.

Im going to play a 3421

---------Chiriches-----Capoue-----Vertonghen----

Walker---------Eriksen--------Holtby------------Rose

---------Lamela----------------------Townsend------

----------------------Soldado-------------------------

Short term I'm aiming for seventh place and the ability to stabilise the team. I will be looking for defensive stability and short crisp passing. My back line will not be very high, and I will be looking for lots of movement from Eriksen, Lamela, Townsend and Holtby to create passing options. My long term goal is the the champions of the world

What bothers me more than the '5' part of the loss today is the '0' part. A good hiding can happen, especially when you're against a Suarez type who is red hot.

But far too often in home games under AVB, we struggle when going forwards. And if you do this, then you are a team going nowhere fast.

I think a new man might be needed now. Do we look more likely to have a strong 2nd half of the season under AVB, or slide further away from the top? To me, we look more likely to slip further back over the next 10 games or so than get right up there.

So who might the new guy be then? Do we go for a guy who likes a pressing game, but can actually execute it properly in this division (something that seems beyond AVB)? Or do we go for someone with a completely different approach?

We have invested a lot of money in 2 players in particular; Soldado and Lamela. So I think the new guy needs to be someone who can come in and get the most from these players. If we go from there, then we should be ok. As for who that man is...I have no idea!

Not sure where to start with that! Our performances have been awful this season. We haven't got a clue how to break a team down, we don't look like creating chances and we're reduced to long range pot shots. The tactics are a joke and make the players look like they've never been introduced -meanwhile the football is more dull that under Graham. He needs to go

Still think it will be Hoddle like what was said on Monday.

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3875...boass-tottenham-future-still-in-doubt-as-levy

Villas-Boas's Tottenham future still in doubt as Levy tensions continue

Dec 9, 2013 4:00:00 PM

The Spurs chairman is considering Glenn Hoddle as a replacement for the Portuguese coach, who was unhappy with the club's purchases in the summer transfer market

EXCLUSIVE
By Duncan Castles

The relationship between Andre Villas-Boas and Daniel Levy has deteriorated to the point where Tottenham's manager is not expected to remain at the club beyond the summer, Goal can reveal.

According to a close friend, the Portuguese coach believes that he would already have been sacked by Levy had his contract not included a prohibitive penalty clause.

However, the scale of the pay-off, which commits Tottenham to ensuring that Villas-Boas earns an annual salary of at least €3 million (£2.5m) net until the summer of 2014, will have reduced by the end of the season. With that in mind, Spurs' hierarchy are already considering successors to the Portuguese coach.

Levy's advisers have floated the extraordinary strategy of replacing a coach who led the club to their highest Premier League points total in his first season in charge with Glenn Hoddle; himself dismissed as Tottenham boss a decade ago and out of top-level coaching since 2006.

For now, the chairman's preference is that Villas-Boas resigns his position, avoiding the cost of compensation, club sources say.

The long-standing discord between Villas-Boas and Levy was exacerbated by disagreement over the reinvestment of Gareth Bale's record €100m (£83.8m) transfer fee. Some of the club's seven summer signings were acquired against the manager's advice and the squad left imbalanced by the failure to follow it.

Integrating new players into the team has proved problematic, culminating in a 6-0 defeat at Emirates Marketing Project in November. Two away victories and a draw with Manchester United since then have moved Tottenham to within three points of a Champions League qualifying place without resolving the tension between board and manager.

A lack of support over Emmanuel Adebayor's behaviour within the dressing room – the under-performing striker has clashed with Villas-Boas on more than one occasion – and a refusal to help implement some of the manager's preparation methods have angered the 36-year-old.

It is also thought that Levy would have been happy for Villas-Boas take up a lucrative offer to coach Paris Saint-Germain last summer, with Tottenham entitled to £12m compensation from the French champions.

What bothers me more than the '5' part of the loss today is the '0' part. A good hiding can happen, especially when you're against a Suarez type who is red hot.

But far too often in home games under AVB, we struggle when going forwards. And if you do this, then you are a team going nowhere fast.

I think a new man might be needed now. Do we look more likely to have a strong 2nd half of the season under AVB, or slide further away from the top? To me, we look more likely to slip further back over the next 10 games or so than get right up there.

So who might the new guy be then? Do we go for a guy who likes a pressing game, but can actually execute it properly in this division (something that seems beyond AVB)? Or do we go for someone with a completely different approach?

We have invested a lot of money in 2 players in particular; Soldado and Lamela. So I think the new guy needs to be someone who can come in and get the most from these players. If we go from there, then we should be ok. As for who that man is...I have no idea!

Liverpool have scored more goals from open play this season at White Hart Lane than Spurs!

I've always liked Solskjaer as a person, seems very likeable. Loyal too. Started his career out as a goal machine at Molde, went to Man Utd where he stayed until he retired. Despite having offers from us accepted, he chose to stay at United and fight for his place and what a decision that turned out to be as less than 12 months later he scores a winner to win the treble for them!

I think he'd be a HUGE gamble.

I respect your points. They are well made. The team needs stability, sacking AVB will achieve the opposite. After the Manu game I was pleased to see us play well as a team. We passed into space and had runners driving into that space. We were unlucky to draw. I though AVB is trying to sort the obvious problems.

I disagree that we are not far off the top 4. You look at the movement and passing of top teams. We just grind out results. We're not confident, we're not a team unit, we're not scoring. We are kidding ourselves that we're not far off other top teams. Maybe in personnel, but not in the way we play. We have a bunch of good technical players. Yet they are not connecting, not playing well as a team. 'How long will this team take to gel' was the question at the beginning of the season. I don't think AVB has managed to gel or lead the team, that is the problem.

Last edited:
Back