• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if my nan managed ONLY top teams with top budgets and the best players then shed have the same CV as Ancelotti.

His football is dire. Instead of watching CV's try watching LIVE football matches

There's no need for that. Try arguing your point with wit and intelligence rather than silly insults and put downs.

Carlo's Milan were a joy to watch as i remember it, Shevchenko at his absolute finest, he even turned Pippo into a decent player. Madrid aren't to shabby right now by the way, the man is a genius, and more importantly, a winner.

I'd love him to come here, but he is way out of our league, as is Bielsa for that matter.

I rate Ancolotti, but he's a Redknapp rather than a project manager.

He likes old, high-wage players. Not compatible with Levy's vision/our need to be financially sustainable through the stadium build.

if my nan managed ONLY top teams with top budgets and the best players then shed have the same CV as Ancelotti.

His football is dire. Instead of watching CV's try watching LIVE football matches

would you say your nan is a better manager than David Moyes?

how do you reckon she'd have got on at Everton?

I have said it before and will go on record as saying that FDB would be a very risky choice. I watch ajax quite a bit and they have a very shaky defence and their players do not seem mentally strong with stupid errors.

They look far better going forward then we do so that is a plus in his favour, but honestly guys I know people do not always take what I say seriously but Ajax are very shaky defensively. FDB I am not sure on at all, would probably rather someone with more experience.

I have only really watched Ancelotti's teams these last 2 years and in a way I can see what veron is saying but at the same time I disagree. There have been times this season for Madrid when their attacking play has looked quite bad and they have been shut out by other teams, he does however have two great players who can create something from nothing. I think perhaps there is an over reliance on Ronaldo at times which is why the Spanish press have had a moan at Bale etc in the past for not showing up when Ronaldo has been marked out of the game. This however is unlinkely because Ancelotti has them playing that way and more because the players recognise Ronaldo's quality.

The thing that does impress me more though is the defensive shape the team takes up. They are well drilled and press as an organised unit, allowing them to break at speed when they do get the ball back quickly isolating opposition defenders against Bale and Ronaldo.

I have said it before and will go on record as saying that FDB would be a very risky choice. I watch ajax quite a bit and they have a very shaky defence and their players do not seem mentally strong with stupid errors.

They look far better going forward then we do so that is a plus in his favour, but honestly guys I know people do not always take what I say seriously but Ajax are very shaky defensively. FDB I am not sure on at all, would probably rather someone with more experience.

Maybe that's about getting the right #2 to work with him. As a defender himself you find this quite surprising though.

I'm torn between him and Benitez as my 2nd choice if we don't get LVG. They are very different propositions though.

Maybe that's about getting the right #2 to work with him. As a defender himself you find this quite surprising though.

I'm torn between him and Benitez as my 2nd choice if we don't get LVG. They are very different propositions though.

Has to be Benitez imo. He really improved the Chavs last year plus has a winning track record. I don't like the guy much tbh but he's undoubtedly a very good coach.

would you say your nan is a better manager than David Moyes?

how do you reckon she'd have got on at Everton?

I wonder if Veron could encourage her to post here. A new poster with a better football knowledge than a manager with close to 20 years experience would really bring something to this place.

I have only really watched Ancelotti's teams these last 2 years and in a way I can see what veron is saying but at the same time I disagree. There have been times this season for Madrid when their attacking play has looked quite bad and they have been shut out by other teams, he does however have two great players who can create something from nothing. I think perhaps there is an over reliance on Ronaldo at times which is why the Spanish press have had a moan at Bale etc in the past for not showing up when Ronaldo has been marked out of the game. This however is unlinkely because Ancelotti has them playing that way and more because the players recognise Ronaldo's quality.

The thing that does impress me more though is the defensive shape the team takes up. They are well drilled and press as an organised unit, allowing them to break at speed when they do get the ball back quickly isolating opposition defenders against Bale and Ronaldo.

+1 for the appreciation of Real Madrid's defensive work. The defence holds their positions, takes a good line and this makes it as difficult for sides to penetrate as possible. Certainly that was the evidence on show v Bayern on Wednesday night. Bayern displayed attacking weaknesses too but perhaps a lot of that was brought about by the strengths of the Madrid defence.

Chelsea managers after Abramovich took over: Ranieri, Mourinho, Grant, Scolari, Ancelotti, Villas Boas, Di Matteo, Mourinho. That's ignoring the caretaker managers...

Chelsea managers that have won the league after Abramovich took over: Mourinho and Ancelotti.

People keep claiming that managers are only successful because they're at big clubs. But then some managers are seemingly consistently successful at big clubs where others fail. It just isn't the case that anyone can roll up at Chelsea and win league titles. It isn't the case that every Juve manager or every Milan manager or every Real manager is successful. Yet some succeed at a much higher rate.

Perhaps because they're a tad better than those that fail?

---------------------------

A lot of talk about Ancelotti here and in the random thread about United. Is there any actual reason to think that Ancelotti might be leaving Madrid? Or is it just "Madrid sack managers about as quickly as anyone and they're probably not winning the league" speculation?

Why are people still mentioining Benitez, am I missing something? Are Napoli supposed to be getting rid of him? We are not a more attractive option...

Why are people still mentioining Benitez, am I missing something? Are Napoli supposed to be getting rid of him? We are not a more attractive option...

I agree that it's unlikely, but I don't think it's completely beyond the realms of possibility like Ancelotti, Klopp, Pep etc.

I get the feeling that Benitez really liked managing in England and that he would like to return one day. Napoli have been doing really well, but I think there's a limit to how far he can go with them and I think we can potentially pay him more.

Absolutely no reason to think Napoli would want to get rid of him, but a slight possibility that if we try to poach him we could do it.

He still keeps his family home in Cheshire - I don't know if that might be a factor?

Benitez working under a DoF would be a very intriguing prospect for us.

He still keeps his family home in Cheshire - I don't know if that might be a factor?

Benitez working under a DoF would be a very intriguing prospect for us.

Because CHeshire is local for us?!?

I agree with the comment above that there is zero chance he would leave Napoli for us. Equally, whilst Ancelotti and LVG are high on my wish-list, we also need to be realistic in that both are of the sort of calibre that wil have CL teams after them so they're far from likely. Think we should target LVG but reckon we might end up with Allegri or FDB

A lot of talk about Ancelotti here and in the random thread about United. Is there any actual reason to think that Ancelotti might be leaving Madrid? Or is it just "Madrid sack managers about as quickly as anyone and they're probably not winning the league" speculation?

I think the general opinion in world football is that Ancelotti is gone if Madrid don't win at either La Liga or the CL. Sounds harsh to me, but that speculation was rife before there was any mention of Spurs looking or Moyes getting sacked.

I think the general opinion in world football is that Ancelotti is gone if Madrid don't win at either La Liga or the CL. Sounds harsh to me, but that speculation was rife before there was any mention of Spurs looking or Moyes getting sacked.

I would love Ancelotti. Like a previous poster said, he was my first choice after HR (with Moyes my second choice :oops:). It would be a dream if that happened. Just can't see us pulling off something like that and it seems inconceivable a manager will go from Real to us even if he lost his job. Bound to be a whole host of offers from top clubs around Europe.

Back