• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know sweet fa about Bielsa but just read a few paragraphs on him and have decided he's the man! =P~

Doesn't speak English apparently.. Only negative reason I would be against him.. Would love him to bring some of the Bilbao players as well..

Meant to also say about to be appointed Marseille manager

article-0-11F7BE05000005DC-444_634x644.jpg

I don't post anything from twitter, I actually hate twitter. I just forward stuff from SC that may have come from twitter originally.

I actually think there's a good chance Di Matteo has been spoken to - about the assistant job.

He'd make an ideal #2 to a new incoming foreign coach - he knows the EPL/London well, but isn't tainted by the stench of our 90s loser mentality like Timmeh, Ferdinand, Freund, Poyet and Hughton.

Remember LVG is losing Blind (who is staying with Holland) and FDB won't likely bring Bergkamp with him. More than anyone though, it probably points to Allegri.

I think Steve Clarke is someone else we should consider for the assistant role for similar reasons, although he's maybe too matey with AVB to take it.

What is it about those names that you think makes them a worse option than one of the worst options in the whole world of football managers?

Why can the only two choices be the best or the worst? Surely an incremental improvement (my nan, a 7 year old girl who doesn't like football, etc) is better than no improvement?

Because some lad in the middle is precisely, exactly, nailed-on what we should not be doing. It is the elephant trap.

Top: LvG, Ancelotti, FdB...fantastic, give him £100m, leave him at it, let him hire/fire who he wants, give him a giant 5 year "project" contract, maybe he mentors in our next coach, name on the back of shirts, call the new stadium after him, glory glory. Brilliant.

Middle: We have to poach him from somewhere, might work/might not/ho-hum, we have to emotionally commit to him, he has to have a 3 or 4 year contract, we have to give him money to spend, is another trauma/expense/embarrassment to sack, new players he brings in after he's sacked will be Felleini'd, minimum time wasted is 2 seasons, may not get on with Levy/Baldini over time, in every pore of his body reeks of compromise and 2nd best-ness and everyone knows it - "Is this guy a glorified caretaker, or do we really believe in him?"

Bottom: Sherwood aka "worst manager in the whole world of football managers"...he's already here, you don't have to give him money to spend, Baldini and Levy can continue youth recruitment without having to listen to the coach whining, easy to sack, Levy & Baldini have already worked with him & relationships seem good, low expectations, buys time until we can get a proper "Top" choice, just might work out and be really good, he's not keeping anyone else out of the job since by definition if he's appointed our "Top" guys aren't available, maximum time wasted is 1 season.

Appointing some guy in the middle isn't "incremental" just because it's in the middle. It is, in fact, committing to mediocrity on purpose, with your eyes open. It lacks wisdom and imagination.

SSN in 10 minutes.

stop it...Ive had it on for hours in the background....

I mean the female presenter is lovely and all that....but so far its been utd, chelsea...bit of darts coverage with women with massive fake jubblys and pepe mel in a white cardigan!

Back