• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not really possible for us to get Ancelotti even if he leaves RM simply because of the United situation. He's their No. 1 pick and I think a perfect fit for where they're at just now. So unless Ancelotti has some burning desire to live in London and take on a "project" (aka madhouse), I simply don't see how we get him.

On the upside, that leaves LvG for us. He just wants PL and I don't think he'll care that we're a shambles. If we're the best PL job on offer - which we almost certainly will be - I think he'll come.

Ancelotti > United and LvG > Spurs is still a very real possibility IMO.

I would love Ancelotti. Like a previous poster said, he was my first choice after HR (with Moyes my second choice :oops:). It would be a dream if that happened. Just can't see us pulling off something like that and it seems inconceivable a manager will go from Real to us even if he lost his job. Bound to be a whole host of offers from top clubs around Europe.

If he becomes available then he has to be Utd bound unfortunately. A good match I'd say.

I agree that it's unlikely, but I don't think it's completely beyond the realms of possibility like Ancelotti, Klopp, Pep etc.

I get the feeling that Benitez really liked managing in England and that he would like to return one day. Napoli have been doing really well, but I think there's a limit to how far he can go with them and I think we can potentially pay him more.

Absolutely no reason to think Napoli would want to get rid of him, but a slight possibility that if we try to poach him we could do it.

I think he just has an affiliation with Liverpool, not particularly England. Living and managing in Italy for a CL club must be far more attractive. Then again what do I know, just a load of assumptions Im making....

He still keeps his family home in Cheshire - I don't know if that might be a factor?

Benitez working under a DoF would be a very intriguing prospect for us.

Agree with that. Funnily never entertained him as a manager Id want, but his stint at Chelsea in hard circumstances really impressed me and the more I think about it the more I like the idea....

I have decided I want Rafa Benitez. Didn't he say he'd like to manage in the PL again previously?

Make it happen.

I planted a little seed with you lot about Benitez. It is now blossoming into a beautiful rose.

Rafa%20Benitez

You know it makes sense.

He still keeps his family home in Cheshire - I don't know if that might be a factor?

Benitez working under a DoF would be a very intriguing prospect for us.

His family live not far from me actually. Daughters are meant to have posh scouse accents.

I'm not sure about the DOF though. Didn't he fall out with someone at Liverpool because they forced the Keane signing on him?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...n-United-job.html.......................Spurs not impressed by LVG flirting with other clubs and now it seems Poch is number one contender

I don't really buy stories like this. It's essentially saying Spurs directors would reject van Gaal because he's insulted their egos. Meh. Not really the way things work. It's not really conceivable that they'd turn him down if his agent called.

I'm also a bit concerned about the emerging Pochettino bandwagon. I have a hell of a lot of time for him - as I think most of us do - but it just feels a bit flavour-of-the-month combined with "nobody else available". Just because Pochettino may be the best candidate available does not mean he's the right candidate. The spectre of the AVB nightmare also lurks.

I would actually prefer Benitez to LVG. Less of a gamble imo as he knows the PL pretty well. Interestingly for me he managed to get the best out of Mata where the "special one" failed. As long as we keep the DoF to bring in the players.

I don't really buy stories like this. It's essentially saying Spurs directors would reject van Gaal because he's insulted their egos. Meh. Not really the way things work. It's not really conceivable that they'd turn him down if his agent called.

I'm also a bit concerned about the emerging Pochettino bandwagon. I have a hell of a lot of time for him - as I think most of us do - but it just feels a bit flavour-of-the-month combined with "nobody else available". Just because Pochettino may be the best candidate available does not mean he's the right candidate. The spectre of the AVB nightmare also lurks.

I think Poch would be a good shout especially with 2 relatively successful seasons in the prem. Successful that is by Southampton's recent record.

I think Poch would be a good shout especially with 2 relatively successful seasons in the prem. Successful that is by Southampton's recent record.

It's actually only 1 full season + he took over in January of the previous season. So in terms of PL experience, he only has 1 season on Sherwood.

He's also spent money, not all of it well, and there's an argument to be made that Southampton aren't actually punching that much above their weight. Maybe they are a couple of places above par in the PL, but given the talent that's come through the academy and is available to him, the money spent and Southampton's strong tradition/fanbase/history, they really should be about where they are.

The changes of Benetiz leaving Napoli to join us are so small its laughable. They're 3rd in Serie A, will be back in the CL, he's living in a place which is more culturally similar to his origins....and he'd swap that to join a club in England which will at best be in teh EL? Will never happen. Why not go after Klopp whilst we're at it? Or Guardiola?

The changes of Benetiz leaving Napoli to join us are so small its laughable. They're 3rd in Serie A, will be back in the CL, he's living in a place which is more culturally similar to his origins....and he'd swap that to join a club in England which will at best be in teh EL? Will never happen. Why not go after Klopp whilst we're at it? Or Guardiola?

My mate has worked closely with Benitez on his digital content and went on a press tour with him a couple of years ago. He probably knows his dogs name as well. He's putting a good word in. Don't worry son, I've got this sewn up \o/

Last edited:
Back