• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's the worse case scenario, yes.

really should have got LVG on a pre-contract (perhaps we do?) when those unique combination of circumstances made him within our grasp.

Yours is a glorious world where the worst case scenario for our club involves us getting to the end of the season winning 89% of available points leading to us finishing the season on (conservatively) 85 points.

Yours is a glorious world where the worst case scenario for our club involves us getting to the end of the season winning 89% of available points leading to us finishing the season on (conservatively) 85 points.

Not sure he supports the team at all, based on the poison he's still spewing.

That's the worse case scenario, yes.

really should have got LVG on a pre-contract (perhaps we do?) when those unique combination of circumstances made him within our grasp.
So just to clarify, your worst case scenario is Tottenham doing well?
Who do you support again?

Right. It's time to stop the GB hate fellas. You can disagree with what he says all you like but there is no need for insults or name calling.

No - I said Naughton wasn't good enough (I said he was Jenas like in that he had natural technique but crumbled when he was given time to think about anything) and that Walker was much better but never a CB (as everyone randomly seemed to think he was).

No GB..You didn't say that at all at first. Maybe later on that was your stance, but at first, you claimed you watched Sheffield United a lot and neither would be good enough. I then asked how it is possible for you to determine this being that Walker only played 1 or 2 games for them. Tbh i forgot your response after that but youR stance was definitely that neither will ever be good enough for this league.

Last edited:
van gaal and sherwood as assistant ? freund to the u21s as with Germany?

Sherwood has made it crystal clear that he not willing to be anyone's assistant. On his performance so far, he would walk into another Premier League job if we got rid of him at the end of the season.

I hope Sherwood is so successful they name a stand after him in our new stadium.

And then every time GB goes to watch Spurs play, he gets seats directly opposite that stand so he can't not watch the game without the name SHERWOOD right in his face.

If you are rooting against Sherwood, you are rooting against Spurs simple as that. I haven't liked every manager we have ever had but never once did I hope for a bad result or poor run of matches for a change I don't see how you can justify that if you truly support the club.

Mirror running a van Gaal story tomorrow:

Spurs manager Tim Sherwood losing the support of Levy - with Louis Van Gaal waiting in the wings

Despite an improvement in Tottenham's form, Spurs boss Tim Sherwood hasn't impressed Daniel Levy in his first few games in charge

Tim Sherwood’s hopes of remaining as Tottenham manager are fading – with Louis Van Gaal waiting in the wings to replace him.

It is believed that chairman Daniel Levy , a long-term supporter of Sherwood, has not been impressed by elements of his managerial style.

And Sherwood may instead be offered a role working under Holland boss Van Gaal, who has publicly admitted his desire to manage in the Premier League next season.

Spurs won five of their first six League matches under Sherwood but were thrashed 5-1 at home by Emirates Marketing Project on Wednesday, damaging their Champions League hopes.

Sherwood has been confident and abrasive in his managerial style – which has upset some players and left Levy wondering about his long-term suitability for the role.

The Spurs boss has also boldly gambled on young midfielder Nabil Bentaleb but the French youngster struggled against City and it was felt in the dressing-room that Sherwood should have considered more experienced options.

Holland boss Van Gaal has not hidden his wish to move to the Premier League and admitted: “Am I still in contact with Spurs? There will come a moment that I can talk about that.

“Look at my CV. I have won a trophy every season during my club career.

“I am a winner and craving a trophy. This is why I am sick of being a national coach. I only see the players eight times a year. I am not enjoying the job of national coach at all.

“After the World Cup I want to coach a big club again and win trophies. Otherwise I will retire.’’

Van Gaal held talks with Levy in December – as revealed by Sunday Mirror Sport – but would not combine the job with his Dutch role and so will only join after the World Cup.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/louis-van-gaal-next-tottenham-3102203?#.Uu2MHPvtrER

If this happens and he does ****...

Ooooooh, you're going to get it on here. :lol:

That's the first time I have seen a direct quote from him about Spurs though. Thanks for posting.

Pretty sure I saw somebody posting something about him saying he's been in contact with Spurs and that 'everybody knew it' or something along those lines.

He said last month that everybody knew he had been in talks with Spurs and that he had refused to do two jobs at once, but that he wanted to confirm as much to the press. This latest press release though makes it sound like LVG is hungry for a club that can challenge for titles, which despite our squad, evidently is not us. Here's hoping that our squad is impressive enough to entice him. That said, Moyes may get sacked and then LVG will go there.

Holland boss Van Gaal has not hidden his wish to move to the Premier League and admitted: “Am I still in contact with Spurs? There will come a moment that I can talk about that."
That right there though sounds very suspicous. Perhaps Levy has had this guy lined up since December, maybe even has a gentleman's agreement with the guy.

From the sounds of that piece and a few others, Sherwood has been pushing too much too soon. He comes across as very, very confident but also opinionated and arrogant (something I think is needed in football management) but from many other interviews his arguments and opinions do defy most peoples logic. Still not sure of who I'd prefer but I'm still looking for a solid defensive shape

Last edited:
I'm sure van gaal won't be the only prospect after the world cup.

honestly though i'm more interested in a younger manager to take us through the distance, and build an entire club footballing philosophy from kids to youth to first team, not just a manager interested in the next cup win.

in my dreams: Jurgen Klopp

If we're going former players then still hoping jurgen will come back after the World Cup . If we want to go Dutch - Marco van basten anyone?

I'm sure van gaal won't be the only prospect after the world cup.

honestly though i'm more interested in a younger manager to take us through the distance, and build an entire club footballing philosophy from kids to youth to first team, not just a manager interested in the next cup win.

in my dreams: Jurgen Klopp

van Gaal has a reputation for grooming young proteges (Mourinho, Guardiola and de Boer being three of them).

Potentially he stays for 2-3 years and hands over to one of his assistants (Blind, Kluivert or even Freund).

A manager with his swagger and confidence - how can it fail ?

More than any manager in the world, LVG has the trousers to go with the talk. It is the equivalent of being able to hire Ferguson a decade ago.

My brother (Liverpool fan) said he see an interview of Klopp and he was adamant that his goal is to manage in the premier league and would love to be involved in a project similar to Dortmunds.

Mirror running a van Gaal story tomorrow:

Spurs manager Tim Sherwood losing the support of Levy - with Louis Van Gaal waiting in the wings

Despite an improvement in Tottenham's form, Spurs boss Tim Sherwood hasn't impressed Daniel Levy in his first few games in charge

Tim Sherwood’s hopes of remaining as Tottenham manager are fading – with Louis Van Gaal waiting in the wings to replace him.

It is believed that chairman Daniel Levy , a long-term supporter of Sherwood, has not been impressed by elements of his managerial style.

And Sherwood may instead be offered a role working under Holland boss Van Gaal, who has publicly admitted his desire to manage in the Premier League next season.

Spurs won five of their first six League matches under Sherwood but were thrashed 5-1 at home by Emirates Marketing Project on Wednesday, damaging their Champions League hopes.

Sherwood has been confident and abrasive in his managerial style – which has upset some players and left Levy wondering about his long-term suitability for the role.

The Spurs boss has also boldly gambled on young midfielder Nabil Bentaleb but the French youngster struggled against City and it was felt in the dressing-room that Sherwood should have considered more experienced options.

Holland boss Van Gaal has not hidden his wish to move to the Premier League and admitted: “Am I still in contact with Spurs? There will come a moment that I can talk about that.

“Look at my CV. I have won a trophy every season during my club career.

“I am a winner and craving a trophy. This is why I am sick of being a national coach. I only see the players eight times a year. I am not enjoying the job of national coach at all.

“After the World Cup I want to coach a big club again and win trophies. Otherwise I will retire.’’

Van Gaal held talks with Levy in December – as revealed by Sunday Mirror Sport – but would not combine the job with his Dutch role and so will only join after the World Cup.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/louis-van-gaal-next-tottenham-3102203?#.Uu2MHPvtrER

Levy will eventually sack LVG, it doesnt matter who is hired. Levy will sack anyone not delivering whatever he wants..............he hasnt got a clue

Back