• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Levy will eventually sack LVG, it doesnt matter who is hired. Levy will sack anyone not delivering whatever he wants..............he hasnt got a clue

Don't nearly all managers, at all clubs either get sacked or leave for a bigger job?

isn't that what every chairman should do though, if they lose faith in the manager what else can they do

isn't that what every chairman should do though, if they lose faith in the manager what else can they do

If we were underachieving, ie. bottom half, I'd see the issue, but we are where we can realistically expect to be. I think it's more down to a disagreement on what players should be signed, who the manager should be etc. than ENIC and Levy doing a bad job.

Have any more credible newspapers/journalists picked up the LVG story?

Not that I've seen. I'll be happy (and I think most fans would be) with the calibre of a LVG. But again levy is hardly giving Sherwood a chance. But it probably always was a temporary fix.

Not sure what the right course of action for levy is right now. I just want to be proud of the team I support and the decisions the club makes.

Probably horrify some on here but IF Tim Sherwood proves to be temporary, I would be quite happy to have a British manager managing, someone who knows this league. Mark Hughes for instance. I wouldn't go for Pochettino because his test will be when Lallana etc have been poached and he has a worse squad to manage. If LVG gets a better offer, which current PL managers would you be happy to see manage at the Lane?

Probably horrify some on here but IF Tim Sherwood proves to be temporary, I would be quite happy to have a British manager managing, someone who knows this league. Mark Hughes for instance. I wouldn't go for Pochettino because his test will be when Lallana etc have been poached and he has a worse squad to manage. If LVG gets a better offer, which current PL managers would you be happy to see manage at the Lane?

Please tell me you're joking :eek:

Not that I've seen. I'll be happy (and I think most fans would be) with the calibre of a LVG. But again levy is hardly giving Sherwood a chance. But it probably always was a temporary fix.

Not sure what the right course of action for levy is right now. I just want to be proud of the team I support and the decisions the club makes.

By all accounts he's letting Sherwood do what he wants and it was Sherwood that didn't want to add any more players (ulterior motives or not).

By all accounts he's letting Sherwood do what he wants and it was Sherwood that didn't want to add any more players (ulterior motives or not).

i dont blame Sherwood not wanting to blow 20 mill on the likes of Konyplonker if thats what was being presented to him

No I mean if the LVG story is true.

Van Gaal held talks with Levy in December – as revealed by Sunday Mirror Sport – but would not combine the job with his Dutch role and so will only join after the World Cup.

That was before Sherwood was given a permanent deal.

If we were underachieving, ie. bottom half, I'd see the issue, but we are where we can realistically expect to be. I think it's more down to a disagreement on what players should be signed, who the manager should be etc. than ENIC and Levy doing a bad job.

I meant generally rather than specific to our current case

I doubt levy would have lost faith in TS that quickly, he's only been here 2 months, and he must have seen something in him which made him believe he could do it

my issue with the situation is that I don't think you should be learning on the job at spurs, we should only be hiring the finished article

yep, horrified

Van Gaal held talks with Levy in December – as revealed by Sunday Mirror Sport – but would not combine the job with his Dutch role and so will only join after the World Cup.

That was before Sherwood was given a permanent deal.

Well I can't say I wouldn't be happy if that happened.

And the cycle would continue, Tactician, Motivator, Tactician, Motivator...

England is such a different culture for astute tactical managers to succeed. It still remains or gives the impression that it's an old boys club. Intellectualising anything to do with football seems to rub people up the wrong way.

I really hope LVG is a massive success if it happens. Hell I hope Sherwood is a huge success. We could analyse everything til we're blue in the face, but sometimes these players will only respond to 'just ****ing run around a bit'

I'm in favour of whatever works for us. But by the same token I want to be proud of the club, the vision we adopt, and the morals we live by. Probably asking too much

I meant generally rather than specific to our current case

I doubt levy would have lost faith in TS that quickly, he's only been here 2 months, and he must have seen something in him which made him believe he could do it

my issue with the situation is that I don't think you should be learning on the job at spurs, we should only be hiring the finished article

:lol: i wouldnt

Depends on how much faith he had in him initially. Sherwood IS a temporary solution until he either proves himself or someone too good to turn down becomes available.

WAKE UP PEOPLE

LVG - a manager very set in his ways, doesn't adjust his system to his players, plays players out of position and falls out with everyone. left the dutch team the first time around due to players rejecting his methods. big deal he won with barca and ajax (yes he did well at AZ im not sayin his ****) so lets hire tito vilanova and frank rikjarrd then.

Tim Sherwood - has potential, ajusts his system more times in a month than avb did in 2 years. ITS HIS FIRST JOB IN MANAGEMENT, all we need at this stage is to see potential, willingness to adjust and learn which he is pretty much showing. FFS did you expect him to take the world by storm in less than 2 months and we beat everybody 10-0?? he has done as much as fergy and mourinho would have done when they took there first job in management all those years ago.

AVB - from day 1 I could tell he was useless, we played the same way in our first game as we did in his last - absolutely zero progression and ideas.

TIM has done as well as ANYONE would in his first job in management. if you cant see his potential to at least give him a couple years then your just as short sighted as the people who called mourinho "a translator" back in the day. sack Tim and watch him be good somewhere else.

Back