• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know what the plan is with Tim and I am happy for him to have the job and just crack on with it but I am not sure I want Louis van Gaal as manager for reasons mentioned above. It isn't too unlike the end issue with AVB in terms of not being flexible enough. He does appear to have rubbed people up the wrong way at different clubs and has absolutely no experience of this league and country although that isn't always a deal breaker.

Personally, I don't who is out there that we could get and who would want to come but I think I want someone who can attract players, seems to be easy going but able to maintain an authority, someone preferrably with prior knowledge of this league and country and someone who will want us to play with flair and style and understands our clubs values and traditions.

I keep thinking about who would fit that mould and the person I keep coming back with is Jurgen Klinsmann.

ITS HIS FIRST JOB IN MANAGEMENT

Is'nt that the point though ! Why on earth are we being managed by someone when its their first ever job.

In premiership history, has any other top 4 chasing team had a virgin manager with absoluely zero managerial experience ? As I said in the other thread, theres a reason it doesnt happen - it simply wont work. The premiership is just too good - to think we could just apoint an interim manager with no experience, on the cheap, and still get top 4 (or even close) was and is a pipe dream.

Probably horrify some on here but IF Tim Sherwood proves to be temporary, I would be quite happy to have a British manager managing, someone who knows this league. Mark Hughes for instance. I wouldn't go for Pochettino because his test will be when Lallana etc have been poached and he has a worse squad to manage. If LVG gets a better offer, which current PL managers would you be happy to see manage at the Lane?

A little bit of sick just came up my throat.

Tim Sherwood - has potential, ajusts his system more times in a month than avb did in 2 years. ITS HIS FIRST JOB IN MANAGEMENT, all we need at this stage is to see potential, willingness to adjust and learn which he is pretty much showing.

I think there is merit to this point. Why do we need an outsider to come in and make us, when we could just make the new manager? We have Chris Ramsey in the backroom who is viewed as very accomplished in the workings of the game (AVB's assessor when trained), and so you can imagine we are unlikely to be tactically shown up. If Tim is a figurehead, isn't he a damn good one? He is the prow of the tottenham ship, deflecting troublesome waves with a cheery smile and anecdote. I don't think many people knock his media skills.

With that in mind, it's not hard for Ramsey to draw up a scheme of tactics that can be implemented throughout the club, and for Tim to take the credit. Tim's learnt all the Tottenham catchphrases and is willing to put his name to their mast. I want to see this happen, a little bit more than any other manager to come in right now. I know city was a debacle, and Hull in my opinion was nearly as bad, but I gave AVB a massive amount of time for his project. As a fan, I honestly prefer this one, and do not see why it should be any less successful.

Is'nt that the point though ! Why on earth are we being managed by someone when its their first ever job.

In premiership history, has any other top 4 chasing team had a virgin manager with absoluely zero managerial experience ? As I said in the other thread, theres a reason it doesnt happen - it simply wont work. The premiership is just too good - to think we could just apoint an interim manager with no experience, on the cheap, and still get top 4 (or even close) was and is a pipe dream.

Yeah. Chelsea appointed Gullit and Vialli from within and with no experience.

Yeah. Chelsea appointed Gullit and Vialli from within and with no experience.

Both of these were Ken Bates appointments when Chelsea were little better than West Ham in the yo yo stakes. mid table appointments at best not for a Top 4 chasing team at that point

Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is losing patience with Tim Sherwood as head coach and has lined up Dutchman Louis van Gaal, 62, to replace the 44-year-old.

Full story: Sunday Mirror

What did he expect? He has appointed a bloke with no managerial experience at a top club. I'm afraid though Daniel, you are as much to blame.

Both of these were Ken Bates appointments when Chelsea were little better than West Ham in the yo yo stakes. mid table appointments at best not for a Top 4 chasing team at that point

Gullit and Vialli span the person 1996 - 2000 when they finished 6th, 4th and 3rd

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is losing patience with Tim Sherwood as head coach and has lined up Dutchman Louis van Gaal, 62, to replace the 44-year-old.

Full story: Sunday Mirror

What did he expect? He has appointed a bloke with no managerial experience at a top club. I'm afraid though Daniel, you are as much to blame.

Forget about new players or managers. We need a new chairman ! Levy always seems to make wrong decisions regarding managers or coaches. Even if Van Gaal does come, how long will he be at Spurs before getting sacked ? Just 1-2 seasons ! Levy seems like obsessed at appointing and sacking managers. Can't see us establishing ourselves as a top 4 team as long as Levy is the chairman.

Gullit and Vialli span the person 1996 - 2000 when they finished 6th, 4th and 3rd

Really? I knew they one the FA Cup to sort of kick start things but don't remember them as a league entity until Ranieri and then Abramovich. Wow.

Forget about new players or managers. We need a new chairman ! Levy always seems to make wrong decisions regarding managers or coaches. Even if Van Gaal does come, how long will he be at Spurs before getting sacked ? Just 1-2 seasons ! Levy seems like obsessed at appointing and sacking managers. Can't see us establishing ourselves as a top 4 team as long as Levy is the chairman.

I think that the barrier to establishing ourselves in the top four is money

In 1996-2000, the top 4 places were more openly contested, there were no teams of real force, barring Manchester United, and Saudi Sportswashing Machine who were fighting up there due to the investment in the club. As such, a top 4 place whilst admirable was perhaps 'easier' to achieve than it is now.

With two cash rich clubs, in addition to established teams who regularly finish in the top 4, then it's harder to break in to that part of the table.

I think that the barrier to establishing ourselves in the top four is money

And the idea of whether we would want big investment in to the club would open up a can of worms so we'll not discuss that in this thread.

In 1996-2000, the top 4 places were more openly contested, there were no teams of real force, barring Manchester United, and Saudi Sportswashing Machine who were fighting up there due to the investment in the club. As such, a top 4 place whilst admirable was perhaps 'easier' to achieve than it is now.

With two cash rich clubs, in addition to established teams who regularly finish in the top 4, then it's harder to break in to that part of the table.

What about Arsenal, Liverpool and Leeds?

Back