• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

He'll be put on gardening leave until he gets another job, the same as Poch was.

Unlike Poch, not sure there will be 'another job' for this Portuguese chancer, so I suspect we'll be paying him for a long time. Well, except possibly managing Fellaini at whatever random Chinese club he's at, because that's about what his level is now.

Unlike Poch, not sure there will be 'another job' for this Portuguese chancer, so I suspect we'll be paying him for a long time. Well, except possibly managing Fellaini at whatever random Chinese club he's at, because that's about what his level is now.

His ego wouldnt allow that. Perhaps the Portugal job might be his final one?

Irrespective, if he stays he'll destroy more value for the club that his salary - the image of the club will continue to go down the toilet meaning that Levy's desired naming rights will be impossible, it'll be increasingly hard to retain or attract players, and you can forget about getting back in the CL

Irrespective, if he stays he'll destroy more value for the club that his salary - the image of the club will continue to go down the toilet meaning that Levy's desired naming rights will be impossible, it'll be increasingly hard to retain or attract players, and you can forget about getting back in the CL
I do think the Portugal job would be perfect for him

Weird that Flick is so keen to take a step back down, he's finally got a proper job and he's walking away 2 years in.
He's won iit all in club football already, maybe he wants to really win it all by going down the international track.

We don't even know that Mourinho's deal allows him to be put on gardening leave for the entire period of his contract. We'll have to wait and see but the fact that he has been allowed to continue for so long despite doing so badly indicates to me that the pay out is big.

We don't even know that Mourinho's deal allows him to be put on gardening leave for the entire period of his contract. We'll have to wait and see but the fact that he has been allowed to continue for so long despite doing so badly indicates to me that the pay out is big.

In the corporate world at least, there is no 'gardening leave' clause in any contract based on my experience. All your employer does is pay you and tell you not to come into the office. As an employee, you're getting all the benefits of the contract, but not the obligations.

I cant see that it would be any different in the football world however if we're not allowing him to earn contractual benefits (ie by firing him before he could earn them), then he could claim that he's being deprived of the opportunity to earn them. That assumes that the bonuses are 100% contracted, which I'd imagine they are. Once we mathemetically cant qualify for the CL, then those bonuses for this season at leats would fall away.

I think Mourinho will therefore be around for another say 4-5 games or so, depending on results, and then fired. The atmosphere at the CC final could be interesting!!

In the corporate world at least, there is no 'gardening leave' clause in any contract based on my experience. All your employer does is pay you and tell you not to come into the office. As an employee, you're getting all the benefits of the contract, but not the obligations.

I cant see that it would be any different in the football world however if we're not allowing him to earn contractual benefits (ie by firing him before he could earn them), then he could claim that he's being deprived of the opportunity to earn them. That assumes that the bonuses are 400% contracted, which I'd imagine they are. Once we mathemetically cant qualify for the CL, then those bonuses for this season at leats would fall away.

I think Mourinho will therefore be around for another say 4-5 games or so, depending on results, and then fired. The atmosphere at the CC final could be interesting!!
Typically gardening leave is applicable for the notice period of your contract. The higher you go the longer the gardening leave period. I have 6 months notice in my contract for example and I'm not allowed to take a position at another company in those 6 months (unless the board agree to it) at the point that I or the company I work for decide we're no longer for each other then I go on immediate gardening leave for the notice period. I would be very surprised if Jose's contract allows the club to put him on gardening leave until Summer 2023 when his contract ends, I really would, that would be a big surprise to me.

Typically gardening leave is applicable for the notice period of your contract. The higher you go the longer the gardening leave period. I have 6 months notice in my contract for example and I'm not allowed to take a position at another company in those 6 months (unless the board agree to it) at the point that I or the company I work for decide we're no longer for each other then I go on immediate gardening leave for the notice period. I would be very surprised if Jose's contract allows the club to put him on gardening leave until Summer 2023 when his contract ends, I really would, that would be a big surprise to me.

Your contract sounds the same as mine, however I'm guessing that yours, like mine, doesnt have a fixed end point.

Assuming Jose has a 3-year contract as it sounds, then he has that gaurantee of employment til that date, rather than having an open-ended contract (but subject to notice period) like you or I have. Therefore he has a right to expect to be paid for that period.

Football obviously cant have contracts like you or I otherwise players/managers could just give notice and then walk. The fixed period in football has has the downside (For them) of locking them in, but the upside of certain payments. You and I have the flexibility to move quicker, but less certainty

Your contract sounds the same as mine, however I'm guessing that yours, like mine, doesnt have a fixed end point.

Assuming Jose has a 3-year contract as it sounds, then he has that gaurantee of employment til that date, rather than having an open-ended contract (but subject to notice period) like you or I have. Therefore he has a right to expect to be paid for that period.

Football obviously cant have contracts like you or I otherwise players/managers could just give notice and then walk. The fixed period in football has has the downside (For them) of locking them in, but the upside of certain payments. You and I have the flexibility to move quicker, but less certainty
‘6 months?!’

Sounds like between Finney and you, we have two big hitters of the corporate world frequenting this fine establishment :)

scary though
I’ve tried to articulate why I think Potter should be out choice and so far on here I’ve managed to get a few people to “listen”
Then you seen articles that put out to actually sell papers...

I can see the benefits of Potter, but it's such a high pressure job, can he handle the expectation.

I know Poch didn't have that from his managerial career, but he'd experienced it as a player.

I can see the benefits of Potter, but it's such a high pressure job, can he handle the expectation.

I know Poch didn't have that from his managerial career, but he'd experienced it as a player.
No idea
Im just putting out there a coach who I rate and why
Could be argued that making it as a player at a lower level has its win pressures and I think potter played for a number of lower clubs. Arguably is it more pressure trying to keep a team up or get promoted as a player, as it is a cup final ?
But I don’t know at all
Your key word is expectation and that’s a huge part of our problem. We all have certain expectations form our club and the differ. I still say what Poch did what was hardest was unite the club so that everything around what was “expected” was focussed in one direction
That was super tough and rare. It’s exceptional actually.
Any manager coming in now has the benefit of not having to succeed Poch

I’d say it’s high risk, high reward with Potter. Yes he’s unproven, but I’ve watched a lot of Brighton and the prospect of our players playing a similar brand of football is exciting. The test will be not so much the pressure, but how does he adapt to 80% of teams sitting deep against us compared to Brighton but I’m confident with his ethos he would succeed. After the Mourinho era I think most fans will be happy just to watch good attacking football weekly rather than obsess over top 4 positioning and I think the results would come if we have recruited some better defenders. With the way he plays football the fans would allow him more time, he won’t be under the pressure Mourinho has been under for several reasons.....

Eddie Howe and some enthusiastic ambitious young players please....

Eddie Howe’s teams can’t defend. He also struggled during his short time at Burnley. He has experience, really, of managing one club. I can’t see any circumstances under which Levy employs him.

Imagine the conversation:

“Harry, Sonny, I know you’re both thinking of leaving but we’ve got Eddie Howe coming in to take charge...”

Eddie Howe’s teams can’t defend. He also struggled during his short time at Burnley. He has experience, really, of managing one club. I can’t see any circumstances under which Levy employs him.

Imagine the conversation:

“Harry, Sonny, I know you’re both thinking of leaving but we’ve got Eddie Howe coming in to take charge...”
TBF we have the name manager here now
It isn’t working

Back