• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I’d say it’s high risk, high reward with Potter. Yes he’s unproven, but I’ve watched a lot of Brighton and the prospect of our players playing a similar brand of football is exciting. The test will be not so much the pressure, but how does he adapt to 80% of teams sitting deep against us compared to Brighton but I’m confident with his ethos he would succeed. After the Mourinho era I think most fans will be happy just to watch good attacking football weekly rather than obsess over top 4 positioning and I think the results would come if we have recruited some better defenders. With the way he plays football the fans would allow him more time, he won’t be under the pressure Mourinho has been under for several reasons.....
80% of teams sitting deep against us would be progress in itself.... At present at least 80% instead try to press us and attack us as they know we crumble when pressed.

I assumed Nagelsmann would have been everyone's preferred choice, does anyone else get AVB vibes from him too?
I'm not sure yet, I'd need to see his powerpoint presentation first.... If he can make each new slide come in with a swirl then he's pretty much nailed on in terms of passing his interview with Levy. I think what we really need though is for Nagelsmann to desperately fail at Chelsea first to really seal the deal with Daniel...

I'm not sure yet, I'd need to see his powerpoint presentation first.... If he can make each new slide come in with a swirl then he's pretty much nailed on in terms of passing his interview with Levy. I think what we really need though is for Nagelsmann to desperately fail at Chelsea first to really seal the deal with Daniel...
I’m missing a trick here
I’m a power point master
Mine even end up at number 10 (all be it with someone else’s name on them)
Peter crouch was talking the other week about power points and his they used them at Stoke...

I’m missing a trick here
I’m a power point master
Mine even end up at number 10 (all be it with someone else’s name on them)
Peter crouch was talking the other week about power points and his they used them at Stoke...
Practise crouching down on the sidelines like you're having a secret sh!t, grow some stubble, wear a nice suit and make sure you speak in a gravelly voice as you talk through your powerpoint slides and then not only will you pull the wool over Levy's eyes but you'll manage to do so for a few on this message board as well mate....

Practise crouching down on the sidelines like you're having a secret sh!t, grow some stubble, wear a nice suit and make sure you speak in a gravelly voice as you talk through your powerpoint slides and then not only will you pull the wool over Levy's eyes but you'll manage to do so for a few on this message board as well mate....
I’d fall over TBF

I think we'd all love to see the confused looks on the players' faces as they try to decipher @Bedfordspurs first team sheet.

He won the Europa League and a league title recently, that's proof of a manager still being at the top level iirc

:)

I’ve no problem with what he’s achieved - it’s more the fact that the press would immediately seize on him being a relatively cheap option, and on his appearance. They would be looking to see him fail from day one and would be desperate for us to be a laughing stock under him.

As it stands, I’m not sure Mourinho goes before November at the earliest, so I won’t be getting too worked up about replacements just yet.

This news about the Germany manager moving on has fudged up everything.

I’m guessing its fair to assume the Bayern guy is going to take the job and that Bayern will go for Nagelsmann.

No chance Nagelsmann chooses our sorry mob over Bayern. We would be a great choice for a step up for him but it carries considerable risk, which is no longer worth taking when he can go to Bayern, win the lot repeatedly and then get the Germany job himself, and then go wherever he wants afterwards.

It seems it will have to be Brendan then. I am optimistic he would do a great job. Anyone think there is a chance he would turn us down?

Also we must appoint a sporting director, preferably the ex Lille guy.

Back