• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

That would be my first choice too. Would Levy be willing to step back enough to convince Rangnick to come in?

I hope so. He let Damien Comolli run recruitment for a while, and Franco Baldini - no surprise that a lot of great (and terrible) signings were made then, a lot quicker, and with more efficiency.

His personal involvement in recruitment and his constant desire to get the best deal even at significant cost to the side in terms of time and planning is hurting us - at the very least, if he and ENIC don't sell, I hope they realize that, appoint a DoF alongside the other department heads (chief of commercial partnerships and so on) and just bow out of running the side completely. Stadium done, no need to hang around.

Two top class DoF’s are available right now in Rangnick and Campos. Both will cost significant money and demand pretty much total control over transfers. Either would improve our short, radium and long term future. Does anybody see Levy getting either???
He should be...I think it's a layer we need. And judging by what Campos has said in the past, right up Levy's street.

Possibly, it's one of the reasons why I think that we should be working on it now, Rangnick coming in would certainly help

I’d imagine if he thinks there’s any chance of a choice between us and Bayern - well, there wouldn’t be a choice.

I’d imagine he’ll be happy to wait to see what happens over the next couple of months. It’s not as if he’ll be short of offers.

I’d imagine if he thinks there’s any chance of a choice between us and Bayern - well, there wouldn’t be a choice.

I’d imagine he’ll be happy to wait to see what happens over the next couple of months. It’s not as if he’ll be short of offers.

He's one of the hottest manager's in the world. He certainly won't be short of offers. The consensus until recently was that he needed a staging club before he got a top job, and that's where we would come in. I'm not sure if that's still the case.

He's one of the hottest manager's in the world. He certainly won't be short of offers. The consensus until recently was that he needed a staging club before he got a top job, and that's where we would come in. I'm not sure if that's still the case.
TBH Bayern’s job is quite easy if you can deal with the politics of it
Their so far head financially in that league they cherry pick from their rivals

As much as I hate how we are playing and what Mourinho is doing, I think that it is probably best that he stays on and goes the day after Leicester
Fairly confident the only reason he’s still here is that there’s some kind of agreement for him to be let go - likely at a reduced rate - if he doesn’t get champs league football, so Levy is probably hamstrung until then at the earliest.

I’m sure that job would still be on the table down the track even if he wasn’t a huge success here, so I could actually see him here by that logic. He’s been very careful in managing his career so far so stranger things have happened....

Fairly confident the only reason he’s still here is that there’s some kind of agreement for him to be let go - likely at a reduced rate - if he doesn’t get champs league football, so Levy is probably hamstrung until then at the earliest.

probably 3 or 4 games to go then before he is fired. I have no belief that we'll get a result at Everton on Friday to start with

My worry is all this talk of the squad being split and that Levy might feel it’s just a case of him shifting the ones not behind Mou this summer. Easy as 1...2...3... Not.

He'll be put on gardening leave until he gets another job, the same as Poch was.

My worry is all this talk of the squad being split and that Levy might feel it’s just a case of him shifting the ones not behind Mou this summer. Easy as 1...2...3... Not.

I can't see any players who are behind Mourinho right now, at least not senior players

Or that it costs a fortune to sack him and the cash flow doesn't allow us to afford it right now?

I’m sure that job would still be on the table down the track even if he wasn’t a huge success here, so I could actually see him here by that logic. He’s been very careful in managing his career so far so stranger things have happened....
If Nagelsman is thought of as the strongest candidate to manage Bayern Munich then I'm not sure he'll risk the stain on his career of coming to manage us?

Is all the chat not pointing to Nagelsmann going to Bayern this summer?

It will be interesting. Nagelsmann said in interviews that he has never broken a contract and he is there until 2023 I believe. Probably means he is a cert to go to Bayern now lol

Weird that Flick is so keen to take a step back down, he's finally got a proper job and he's walking away 2 years in.

Only we can turn Mourinho from Champ to Chump. I'll be damned if I know where we go from here. It's a tough job, the transfer and wage budget of a team outside the top 4 with the expectation of success of Liverpool or City. Naglesmann? Well it's probably a higher risk job than Bayern so unless we pay him a yacht full of cash cannot see it myself. German coaches do seem flavour of the month. I cannot stand Brenton Rodgers so hope it's not him. But DL, as much as I love him, does tend to go for the most obvious option, so if I was a betting man I'd put money on the tw@t from Leicester.

FWIW I have been a Mourinho fan for many years but it's clear he is underperforming and needs to go. It is also much more irritating to watch him shift the blame for the team's ineptitude when he is your manager rather than the lottery winners from West London.

Be nice to win the Carabao of course, but unlike other winners it never seems to be an indication that we are a club on the up sadly. Just hope we hang onto Kane and Son

Back