• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I like Conte but he's an absolute nuttah, I remember him punching the ground when Chelsea missed a chance once and from what I know he's not famed for playing attacking football and developing younger players.

Feels like Levy has gone for a name (albeit a good name) rather than someone who will build something, I don't see Conte as someone who would stick around for ages - his stress levels are unreal.

I love this roller coaster of top names (Erik Ten Hag, Antonio Conte, Poch, Lopetegui, Glasner et al) and the breathtaking feeling that anything is possible.

I'll be sad when the merry-go-round inevitably ends one day after season ticket renewals and we announce xGraham Potter, formerly of mighty fourth-tier Ostersunds and 17th-place Brighton and Hove Albion, while Alasdair Gold po-facedly resumes the 'club are skint, cheap summer incoming' party line. :p

Nothing against Potter personally, but he would be the epitome of disappointment after all this.

I love this roller coaster of top names (Erik Ten Hag, Antonio Conte, Poch, Lopetegui, Glasner et al) and the breathtaking feeling that anything is possible.

I'll be sad when the merry-go-round inevitably ends one day after season ticket renewals and we announce xGraham Potter, formerly of mighty fourth-tier Ostersunds and 17th-place Brighton and Hove Albion, while Alasdair Gold po-facedly resumes the 'club are skint, cheap summer incoming' party line. :p

Nothing against Potter personally, but he would be the epitome of disappointment after all Derp
Sadly I hope that Levy is experiencing a lot of disappointment in his search with quite a few managers telling him they couldn't work with him and the way he works his transfers - ins and outs. With Levy he can't/won't be sacked but he is happy to take in Manager after Manager and let them be the fall guys when his failure to get in the players the Manager wants - and early at that - leads to poor results. Sack the Manager! So if he is getting knocked back then maybe - maybe - he just might learn something...

Sadly I hope that Levy is experiencing a lot of disappointment in his search with quite a few managers telling him they couldn't work with him and the way he works his transfers - ins and outs. With Levy he can't/won't be sacked but he is happy to take in Manager after Manager and let them be the fall guys when his failure to get in the players the Manager wants - and early at that - leads to poor results. Sack the Manager! So if he is getting knocked back then maybe - maybe - he just might learn something...

Or he'll just sign someone that will?

So conte, having a big bust up with the owners (who just ended a club, out of existence, no more). At a club that is bankrupt almost. Telling them they need to buy players or else?

Can see that working with levy.

David Pleat obviously knows his football, but surely he's going a bit senile by now, how old is he?
He's co-commentating on the Europa Cup Final right now.
He is impressed by "Aaron Bissaka".
Good fun watching Juan Foyth step on the ball and fall over, smashing his own nose to pieces on Pogba's knee.

So conte, having a big bust up with the owners (who just ended a club, out of existence, no more). At a club that is bankrupt almost. Telling them they need to buy players or else?

Can see that working with levy.

His style of play is basically Mourinho 2.0 as well, so why the fudge would we do that. If we hire Conte, Levy really needs to just pack up and leave. He's winning stuff allright, but there's so many reasons he wouldn't fit our setup.

Back