• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Levy is in a bit of a catch 22 situation here -
One hand we have a stagnating team that are not performing well, coupled with a reluctance to invest heavily in the transfer market
On the other hand we have big expensive stadium that needs filling so that we can realise the benefit of it and generate revenue

In order to fill the stadium and to get people spending 2million quid a match day (i think this is how much we make from beavertown) then the product on the pitch needs to be decent...

Need to spend money to make money now

Matchday at United is £5M/game, apparently when we ran at full capacity we were highest matchday in PL, make of that what you will.

Your point stands ..

Repeat after me -> all Jose acts are evil

- His loan strategy was a huge success, Skipp, Sess, even the ones we want to go -> Foyth, CCV
- Kane, Son, PEH
- Aurier (who everyone had given up on) & Ndombele both had very good spells before the whole team fell off the cliff
- Several young players got that first season involvement and debuts (Scarlett, Devine, etc.)

Not saying Jose is who you would want to develop players, but to say the entire squad regressed individually? don't agree

His failure was more on the system
I didn't like Jose's tactics but he didn't 'ruin' players.... Most of those who did badly under are simply not good enough. Also I have to take umbrage with your Aurier point.... I have always stated that he is a good fullback ;)

Levy is in a bit of a catch 22 situation here -
One hand we have a stagnating team that are not performing well, coupled with a reluctance to invest heavily in the transfer market
On the other hand we have big expensive stadium that needs filling so that we can realise the benefit of it and generate revenue

In order to fill the stadium and to get people spending 2million quid a match day (i think this is how much we make from beavertown) then the product on the pitch needs to be decent...

Need to spend money to make money now

I don't disagree with the sentiment. However I just can't see a DoF coming in as well as a top earning manager. More than happy to be wrong on this of course.

Never went away. Goes to every game even during lockdown which means the club used their Amber zone allocation on him being there and was often at Hotspur Way. Levy listens to him, he had deciding vote on not to sign Eze who Hitchen urged us to sign

ITK! So you're saying that Pleat is on the transfer committee? Who else? I guess deciding vote means nothing its the whole committee who needs to be held accountable for the state that our playing team is in.

Conte has left Inter apparently...

With immediate effect.

Does he really want to come to us. The man already operates at a seriously high level of stress. Watching us would send him over the edge.

Added to the fact he has left his last three jobs after standing up to the board (rightfully).

ITK! So you're saying that Pleat is on the transfer committee? Who else? I guess deciding vote means nothing its the whole committee who needs to be held accountable for the state that our playing team is in.

Yeh he gets a huge say in things, he speaks they listen. We were close to Eze and he cast doubts and they were listened to. Everyone we buy is by committee, it's how Levy tries to omit mistakes but many think it's why we make too many recently. He believes the more due diligence the better however there is an element of footballing instinct we lack and instinct in general which means we miss out on players on talent and also time when others act quicker

With immediate effect.

Does he really want to come to us. The man already operates at a seriously high level of stress. Watching us would send him over the edge.

Added to the fact he has left his last three jobs after standing up to the board (rightfully).

If ever a manager for a title cruising team drops dead on the sideline, causing said team to implode and finish second, you know who it will be...

With immediate effect.

So if he did come to Spurs he'd likely walk halfway through the Summer window!

GHod knows, seems really odd to me, unless he loves a project and really loved London when he was here, or that offer of 15-17m, a year is legit, he was on €13m a year at Inter apparently.

Conte being reported (rumoured/speculated) as being offered £15M-£20M pa. Doesn't leave a lot for a DoF unless Levy has been growing money-trees during lockdown.

5 Live reported this morning that Joe Lewis's personal fortune grew during lockdown by £330 million to take his total wealth to £5 billion+.

Hope you enjoyed your free pie at the Villa match, courtesy of your generous Uncle Joe. :D

Never went away. Goes to every game even during lockdown which means the club used their Amber zone allocation on him being there and was often at Hotspur Way. Levy listens to him, he had deciding vote on not to sign Eze who Hitchen urged us to sign
Eze's looked good for Palace recently. Great ball skills and high energy. Would have have been better for us than N'Dombele and Lo Celso? We'll never know.

Back