• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

His style of play is basically Mourinho 2.0 as well, so why the fudge would we do that. If we hire Conte, Levy really needs to just pack up and leave. He's winning stuff allright, but there's so many reasons he wouldn't fit our setup.

On the contrary, Levy is a genius if he convinces Conte to join us.
He’s a winner, so you’re right he probably wouldn’t fit in.

On the contrary, Levy is a genius if he convinces Conte to join us.
He’s a winner, so you’re right he probably wouldn’t fit in.
He has won things
But he is a very short term manager
Shows instant ambition but would need to be matched with signings

This is from someone on SC

As you will have seen, I had info to say Conte was leaving Inter weeks ago. I just asked my guy for an update, he won't give me his source but said the following....

- Madrid want to speak to Conte but his preference is Spurs

- Conte apparently has Levy where he wants and is confident he will get the job

- Conte trying to push through one more demand which is a decent transfer budget to spend (amount told was £200m)

I asked what confidence he had in Conte being our next manager and he said 8/10.

I will say it again, I am passing on in good faith from a very good friend who has always had very solid info. He has no reason to pull my leg and told me about Conte and all the issues there weeks ago. We have all had a lovely bet come in from him leaving today.

It may look like I'm jumping on the bandwagon but I'm not, if you look back, I mentioned him leaving weeks ago.

People really do have wild imaginations.

He has won things

Imo it would show ambition but at the same time show a lack of smarts, which would be worrying, as from where I'm looking it's not the appointment we need (similar to when we appointed Mourinho) - you appoint Conte once you're already established at the top and used to winning, not when you're in our position and in transition

He has won things

I think we need to show instant ambition now. Kane is about to jump ship otherwise. It’s unrealistic to expect a major rebuild in the current climate plus it’s not like we have an aging squad.

Imo it would show ambition but at the same time show a lack of smarts, which would be worrying, as from where I'm looking it's not the appointment we need (similar to when we appointed Mourinho) - you appoint Conte once you're already established at the top and used to winning, not when you're in our position and in transition

Agree with the logic but Inter weren’t used to winning for the last decade and they’ve comfortably won Serie A.

I think we need to show instant ambition now. Kane is about to jump ship otherwise. It’s unrealistic to expect a major rebuild in the current climate plus it’s not like we have an aging squad.

What's the point convincing Kane to stay for an 'instant ambition' appointment if we don't have the players to achieved instant results? He'll just be out the door a year down the line when iy doesn't work out

Sorry but if it’s a choice between Conte and someone completely unproven like Parker or Potter then it’s an easy decision for me. Conte doesn’t have the same toxic history that Jose does for hanging players and physios out to dry. He’s won things more recently too and the game hasn’t passed him by like it has Jose.

Kane is gone imo, if not this season then next.
His head has been turned and he will find a reason to leave even if we win something.
Difficult to blame him.

Agree with the logic but Inter weren’t used to winning for the last decade and they’ve comfortably won Serie A.

That's a fair point and tbf I'm not fully up to speed on Conte as a manager so happh to be persuaded otherwise but early impressions are that he's a short term manager, which is what I'm concerned about

That's a fair point and tbf I'm not fully up to speed on Conte as a manager so happh to be persuaded otherwise but early impressions are that he's a short term manager, which is what I'm concerned about

I don’t disagree but I kind of think they’re almost all short term managers now. The game has changed.

I think managers like Poch who build teams over the course of years are a bit of a dying breed. The game is about short term success now. From what I’ve read, Conte left because of problems with the board at Inter so that might make him apprehensive about coming here given our constraints and having to put up with idiots like Hitchen and our farcical transfer policy.

I think managers like Poch who build teams over the course of years are a bit of a dying breed. The game is about short term success now. From what I’ve read, Conte left because of problems with the board at Inter so that might make him apprehensive about coming here given our constraints and having to put up with idiots like Hitchen and our farcical transfer policy.
He left Because the board said they'd have to sell players to get €80m minimum.

Where does that leave a team that is need of a rebuild? Even if managers are short term we still need a manager to do the donkey work before we appoint a 'winner', imo

A short term manager is IMO the worse kind for us unless we plan on really spending
That can only happen with ENIC putting money in or selling part of the club
Neither have looked likely in their tenure

Back