• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New xbox

Basically the X-Box One reveal was a bit of a major disaster for Microsoft.

This generation of consoles will be less about graphics and more about game exclusives and the quality of games (fun to play etc.) The PS4 reveal was all about games, games, games, sharing games and more games with some hardware stuff thrown in. The X-Box reveal was all about how you can watch TV on it.. watch TV on it some more and oh yeah it will be able to play games as well. They hardly showed any games whatsoever and when they did there was no gameplay footage at all. It was all cutscenes and CGI trailers whereas with PS4 they showed alot of gameplay and alot of different games. The big games that they did show off (FIFA, Madden, Call of Duty) will all be on the PS4 and with the PS4 possibly haivng more RAM and a better GPU, will probably run better.

Plus you won't be able to play your old X-Box games on it. At all. You will have to keep your old 360 out. You can't play used games on it at all. So if you wanna borrow a game from your friend? You will be able to install it on your xbox but you'll have to pay another £35.99 to actually play the damn thing. Oh yeah and the box will ALWAYS be turned on so it can recognise your "X-Box on!" command.

We need a good proper games machine not a TV box with games as an after thought. PS4 is kicking it's arse right now.

I see no advantages of the PS4... Great I can upload my scores on to Facebook with the touch of a button which I'm sure ALL of my friends care about

I see no advantages of the PS4... Great I can upload my scores on to Facebook with the touch of a button which I'm sure ALL of my friends care about

It's got much, much faster Ram (hate to think what the cost to the consumer will be though - 8gb of ddr5 ram isn't cheap...), and 30% more gpu cores which will equate to more power; that's somewhat mitigated by the xboxs sram cache but given they've otherwise got exactly the same architecture, Sony does have a slight advantage in terms of raw specs. Though it means they're going to have even more of a heat issue than Microsoft.

Basically the X-Box One reveal was a bit of a major disaster for Microsoft.

This generation of consoles will be less about graphics and more about game exclusives and the quality of games (fun to play etc.) The PS4 reveal was all about games, games, games, sharing games and more games with some hardware stuff thrown in. The X-Box reveal was all about how you can watch TV on it.. watch TV on it some more and oh yeah it will be able to play games as well. They hardly showed any games whatsoever and when they did there was no gameplay footage at all. It was all cutscenes and CGI trailers whereas with PS4 they showed alot of gameplay and alot of different games. The big games that they did show off (FIFA, Madden, Call of Duty) will all be on the PS4 and with the PS4 possibly haivng more RAM and a better GPU, will probably run better.

Plus you won't be able to play your old X-Box games on it. At all. You will have to keep your old 360 out. You can't play used games on it at all. So if you wanna borrow a game from your friend? You will be able to install it on your xbox but you'll have to pay another £35.99 to actually play the damn thing. Oh yeah and the box will ALWAYS be turned on so it can recognise your "X-Box on!" command.

We need a good proper games machine not a TV box with games as an after thought. PS4 is kicking it's arse right now.

Pretty sure this guy is a Sony employee. Signs up to a Spurs forum and makes 3 detailed posts in this thread slating Xbox and licking the arse of PS4. Looks like Sony are paying to get people on forums where this is a topic and getting people to think they're winning!

Does seem suspect, but everything said has pretty much been true (apart from the price about having to play 2nd hand games, that's just fanboy flimflam at the moment)

Pretty sure this guy is a Sony employee. Signs up to a Spurs forum and makes 3 detailed posts in this thread slating Xbox and licking the arse of PS4. Looks like Sony are paying to get people on forums where this is a topic and getting people to think they're winning!

Does seem a bit ott in his love of an unreleased console - I'd be surprised if Sony are paying him though as he's so ridiculously biased he can't be doing a very good job of convincing anyone. Just a young Sony fan boy I imagine.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk 2

Does seem a bit ott in his love of an unreleased console - I'd be surprised if Sony are paying him though as he's so ridiculously biased he can't be doing a very good job of convincing anyone. Just a young Sony fan boy I imagine.

Lol :lol: Nah I used to be a member on here but when it switched over to a new forum type thing my account didnt exist anymore, only recently made a new one..

Also just highly disappointed in Microsoft.

Lol :lol: Nah I used to be a member on here but when it switched over to a new forum type thing my account didnt exist anymore, only recently made a new one..

Also just highly disappointed in Microsoft.
Considering there's a huge gaming thread and you've only chosen now to reappear that seems bizarre but never mind.

The two consoles are so similar it's the most even any new generation has been. With the hardware as similar as it is, the only differences are going to be ecosystem, added value features and exclusives - all we know about those are a shiny promo event from each of them and our experiences of the last generation of consoles; nothing about those says either will fail totally.

I'd wager that until processing is outsourced to the cloud (won't be meaningful for years after launch) there will be absolutely no difference between the two consoles in terms of graphics unless one screws up their manufacturing massively. Games will be largely identical.

For me it will probably come down to which controller I like more.
And the new ps4 controller looks terrible if it feels as bad as it looks it will an xbox for me again even though I've no interest in any of their kinect features or their dvr that doesnt let me record or pause tv.

Considering there's a huge gaming thread and you've only chosen now to reappear that seems bizarre but never mind.

The two consoles are so similar it's the most even any new generation has been. With the hardware as similar as it is, the only differences are going to be ecosystem, added value features and exclusives - all we know about those are a shiny promo event from each of them and our experiences of the last generation of consoles; nothing about those says either will fail totally.

I'd wager that until processing is outsourced to the cloud (won't be meaningful for years after launch) there will be absolutely no difference between the two consoles in terms of graphics unless one screws up their manufacturing massively. Games will be largely identical.

Yeahhh I did see a bit of it but just decided to lurk for a long time.

The chances are, all the people who loved the 360 will still buy a XOne and all the people that loved the PS3 will still buy the PS4. One good thing they did mention was that they had alot of exclusives waiting to be announced at E3 so I guess we'll have to wait till then.

Yeahhh I did see a bit of it but just decided to lurk for a long time.

The chances are, all the people who loved the 360 will still buy a XOne and all the people that loved the PS3 will still buy the PS4. One good thing they did mention was that they had alot of exclusives waiting to be announced at E3 so I guess we'll have to wait till then.

There will be a lot of 50/50 people. That is where the ground is to be made in the market. I count myself amongst that 50/50 group. So far i've not been particularly impressed by either. At the moment it feels like i would be picking the least worst option.

Edit: It is still early days though.

Last edited:
I'm not really a gamer but I've been very underwhelmed by this whole generation of consoles.

For me it will probably come down to which controller I like more.
And the new ps4 controller looks terrible if it feels as bad as it looks it will an xbox for me again even though I've no interest in any of their kinect features or their dvr that doesnt let me record or pause tv.

I agree with this. Also I will not be purchasing the first generation of either. Will be waiting to see if there are any issues with either. I have a 3D gaming PC so that can carry me for a year.

The TV stuff will only work in the US (in certain regions) until they make deals with cable companies around the world.
Even then you'll need to buy another box to go between your cable box and your xbox.
And using the xbox you wont be able to use some features of your cable box.
No pause, no record and none of the on-demand stuff your cable company offers.

Are you sure it's not just HDMI CEC with some kind of windowing on passthrough?

In which case most modern devices will support it.

I'm not really a gamer but I've been very underwhelmed by this whole generation of consoles.

I agree with this. I think it's come too early at this stage. Within the last generation of consoles, Sony and Microsoft kept updating the software and bringing out new 'evolutions' to keep them up to date. For example the original Xbox 360 didn't have HDMI support, was prone to overheating and you had to splash out £60 on a wireless adaptor if you didn't wanna run an ethernet cable to your router. The last generation was necessary as we needed things like HD gaming and the ability for most games to be mainly online-based. Everyone is more than happy with their PS3 and Xbox 360, and if you have the latest one then you have a very good and high-spec piece of equipment. I didn't invest in a 3D Blu-ray player because my PS3 let me watch 3D Blu-rays. The Xbox 360 and PS3 were released because their predecessors couldn't be updated, but the fact that X360 and PS3 could be made the PS4 and Xbox One unnecessary.

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison said.
"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."
"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.
"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.

It rather sounds to me that they have the retailers onside to ensure some system of resell, that essentially means the days of giving (and even lending) a game to your friend/family etc when you're done with it is over. Going to take a lot of convincing for me on this one I think.

A workaround would be to download your gamertag to your mates xbox. I believe the game attaches to the gamer profile not the console. I've done similar with Xbox arcade games when I've gone to amates house.

Lending is going to be an issue. I'd be very suprised if PS4 doesn't follow suit though, the way things are going with the media industry physical discs are going to be obsolete soon anyway. You only have to look at the popularity of things like Steam. Its sad to see the death of the used market as I use it alot, but its inevitable

Back