• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New xbox

Am going to wait. I doubt a company as large as Microsoft would be willing to give in completely on matters such as these.

Why not? It's clearly shown the sales won't be as great as the Xbox 360 if they don't change their policy so I'm not surprised. It's all about numbers.

Why not? It's clearly shown the sales won't be as great as the Xbox 360 if they don't change their policy so I'm not surprised. It's all about numbers.

I am not surprised either. However the 2nd hand market is an extremely lucrative area of gaming. there is a lot of money there, so it would surprise me if they had the bit between their teeth about getting into that market and then just decide to let it go completely.

I'm going for the PS4. I currently have an 360 and although you have to pay online it's actually a fairly descent service.

The Microsoft team however have got the XBOX One completley wrong and have upset a lot of people by trying to squeeze every possible avenue to increase their profits. They have now realised the damage and are back tracking by stating they have "listened to customer feedback"... like brick you have. More like you have realised people are in uproar that they have to pay for online services while needing to stay connected every 24 hours and can no longer distribute or purchase in the second hand market. Not forgetting you have to pay more for the product by quite a substantial amount. People are not stupid and people have lost trust (well I certainly have) knowing they are thinking along the lines of profit in any way they can.

PS4 seem to have got it right. Most do not care about the 'home media/ social gaming' aspect. People just want a gaming system with great graphics that's enjoyable to play and runs well. Mutliplayer online is standard these days. If the attention is focused on all of this I'm pretty sure the majority of the market will be more than happy.

With the cheaper priced system, better spec'd console and the ability to not exclude consumers from the second hand/rental gaming market my hat goes off to Sony.

Too bad Microsoft, you've lost my trust and my custom and this is similar with many of my friends.

Back