• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

Re: New stadium and training ground thread - Pg 74 Haringey Council plans 2025

I don't understand how the stadium will be incomplete. Will I be sitting at football matches ina ground with 3 stands, with what will be the rest of the ground just being a pile of rubble?

I don't understand how the stadium will be incomplete. Will I be sitting at football matches ina ground with 3 stands, with what will be the rest of the ground just being a pile of rubble?

The final stand will be where the current stadium is, so you'll MAYBE get to see the last part take shape over the course of a season.

Woolwich did that when they rebuilt the North Bank in 1992.

Highbury-e1314024965461.jpg

I remember there being a right fuss as the mural contained no non-white faces !!!

^^^ I'm sick of seeing this Ars*nal pic in this thread.

I remember there being a right fuss as the mural contained no non-white faces !!!

I can see some black faces. Is this after the groundsman got told to nip out with the brown paint and sort it out?

City are f**king dumb

article2202858150094b80.jpg

[/facepalm]

Attachments

• article-2202858-150094B8000005DC-522_964x461.jpg
    article-2202858-150094B8000005DC-522_964x461.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 47

No you probably walk it on a large piece of tarmac. Surely thats easy enough to understand?

A mostly rehashed story but there are a few minor tidbits of potential new information:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3774/.../22/3394031/-?

The Sweeper: New Tottenham stadium on course for construction
Spurs chase Chinese and Qatari funding in a bid to kick-start the Northumberland Development Project

NEW SPURS STADIUM CONSTRUCTION ON TARGET

Tottenham are on course to start construction of their proposed new stadium next summer with work set to begin on the supermarket and office elements of the £430 million project in the next month.

Spurs announced this week that McLaren Construction had been appointed as the main contractor for the first stage of the development - including a Sainsburys superstore - with the tender for the stadium and public space set to go out before the end of the year.

While the north London club are still working on how to finance the development, they are working closely with Haringey council on a timetable that is likely to see Spurs move into the new stadium, adjacent to White Hart Lane, for the start of the 2016-17 season.

The key to getting the Northumberland Development Project (NDP) underway will be whether Tottenham can secure a 10 or 15-year naming rights deal worth more than £150m, with Qatar Airways and companies from China believed to have expressed the most interest.

After publicly admitting defeat in the club’s bid to take over the Olympic Stadium, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy explained that the club would put all their efforts into funding the new ground, with White Hart Lane currently holding just 36,000 supporters. Naming rights for the stadium will be a crucial part of the funding package.

Joe Lewis, the ultra-secretive billionaire who, ultimately, owns Tottenham, was in London earlier this month, with funding for the state-of-the-art stadium the primary reason for his visit as he held talks with Levy.

Plans for an Olympic Way-style ‘stadium approach’ to the NDP from White Hart Lane are also expected to be approved before the New Year.

Tottenham reached a £27m funding agreement with the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson (£18m), and Haringey council (£9m) earlier this year for public realm works to support the infrastructure around the proposed 56,000-seater stadium.

Greg Stobart | Correspondent

Do be careful digesting goal.com's "minor tidbits of potential new information"?

It's goal.com. Written for fans, by fans. If I wanted a pubishing entity to do up a menu for turdburgers, they would top my list.

Yeah, right. Joe Lewis, the so-called "ultra-secretive billionaire who, ultimately, owns Tottenham..." . Oh, he's become a land baron? And divulges his closest business secrets with goal.com? ha-flippin'-har-de-har-ha

Do be careful digesting goal.com's "minor tidbits of potential new information"?

It's goal.com. Written for fans, by fans. If I wanted a pubishing entity to do up a menu for turdburgers, they would top my list.

Yeah, right. Joe Lewis, the so-called "ultra-secretive billionaire who, ultimately, owns Tottenham..." . Oh, he's become a land baron? And divulges his closest business secrets with goal.com? ha-flippin'-har-de-har-ha

As frequently pointed out on GG, goal.com do actually have a couple of proper journos who appear to have decent sources for Spurs related stories - Greg Stobart and Wayne Veysey.

And, mocking the likelihood of either of them being Joe Lewis' confidantes is all fine and well.....except that the article makes no such suggestion.

That's not to say that the story must be taken verbatim or even that there's any genuine knowledge behind it. Just that it would be equally silly to dismiss it out of hand.

Agree with jimmyb that Veysey and Stobart have proved quite good on stadium related issues.

That said the article doesn't add much, but we are starved of information so little titbits are welcome.

Last edited:

Those previous pictures of Bilbao were from January 2012, updated pics from this month. First is a render when phase complete. Build started August 2011 so is 13/14 months into build.

Top tier looks very steep.

inbisa_san-mames.jpg

First tier going in

img-20120922-wa0008.jpg

Last edited:

Sorry, Haven't been following this thread much but are Bilbao goin to play in the 3/4 built stadium like us or are they going to try and build the final tier at the end of the season?

Back