• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

Re: New stadium and training ground thread - Pg 74 Haringey Council plans 2025

they got you by the balls if they go MK - who's gonna want to give their season ticket up for a year if it means being at the bottom of the pile when we move back ?

I thought he MK Dons stadium share was an old idea, from well before the Stratford fiasco. It might predate the plans for the staged stadium development.

Exactly, they already showed where we would ove into a 3/4s built stadium for 1 year

Yes. That's definitely possible. As you say, it would mean that we'd be in a fully complete new stadium a year earlier than scheduled under the current plan.

And there would be significant cost savings to be made by not having to build around the existing stadium, I'd imagine.

On the flip side, we'd lose a sigbnificant amount of revenue by having to play one or two seasons in a mere 30K stadium with inadequate corporate facilities.

I'm still skeptical about our plans to play in an incomplete stadium for a season and the logistics of it. Will it be complete from the outside and just not from the inside i.e. the seats? But I suppose the club know what they are doing.

Levy is just putting different options out there to improve his negotiating situation for the one he really wants. If Spurs didn't have the option to stay at home and build around WHL, then he'd likely be taken to the cleaners by Wembley or MK or whomever else he might work a temporary hosting arrangement with.

When you've got options, you're not bent over a barrel. Good for him.

I'm still skeptical about our plans to play in an incomplete stadium for a season and the logistics of it. Will it be complete from the outside and just not from the inside i.e. the seats? But I suppose the club know what they are doing.

The incomplete stadium is a two-thirds built stadium. The built bit would have to be complete inside as that is where people would be sitting. The incomplete bit would be non-existent. It would be the space where the old Paxton stand had just been demolished. I understand the time table to be :

1. Play a final season in current stadium while the north, west and part of the east of the new stadium are built.
2. In the off-season demolish the Paxton Road stand and lay the pitch
3. Play intermediate season in the incomplete stadium while the remainder of WHL is demolished
4. In the offseason build the southern and south-eastern part of the new stadium.

My thinking is that stage 4 will be tight. It might be preferable to have a temporary place to play before and/or after the summer to extend the summer. Given how timings on building projects can change, we would need a contingency plan.

The incomplete stadium is a two-thirds built stadium. The built bit would have to be complete inside as that is where people would be sitting. The incomplete bit would be non-existent. It would be the space where the old Paxton stand had just been demolished. I understand the time table to be :

1. Play a final season in current stadium while the north, west and part of the east of the new stadium are built.
3. Play intermediate season in the incomplete stadium while the remainder of WHL is demolished
4. In the offseason build the southern and south-eastern part of the new stadium.

My thinking is that stage 4 will be tight. It might be preferable to have a temporary place to play before and/or after the summer to extend the summer. Given how timings on building projects can change, we would need a contingency plan.

Pretty sure somebody did this about 10 years ago (may have been Chelsea?) and behind the goal at one end they have all hoardings up, but had a kind of mural painted on them to make it look like a crowd.

Pretty sure somebody did this about 10 years ago (may have been Chelsea?) and behind the goal at one end they have all hoardings up, but had a kind of mural painted on them to make it look like a crowd.

Woolwich did that when they rebuilt the North Bank in 1992.

Highbury-e1314024965461.jpg

Two different 'home' venues in the same season? You can bet the FA / prem league will say no.

Two different 'home' venues in the same season? You can bet the FA / prem league will say no.

Why would that be a problem?

Why would they look askance at such a minor adjustment if it hastened completion and opening of a great new stadium in London that gave the league a better image, allowed more fans - especially those in corporate suites - to attend and improved media facilities?

You could even argue it makes sense to ensure fan safety.

Some leagues have rules that you can't change stadium during the course of a season, but the PL don't. The PL have been quite clever/vague on a lot of rules, it only says you must write and ask for approval.

McLaren Construction appointed contractor for the Supermarket. Starting work this month.. another step closer

Back