• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

It's ITK, fella............but not exclusive to me!

There have been a number of articles on the official site over the past few years which have stated that the training ground pitch will have the same dimensions as the stadium pitch.

I realise that, I've visited both the current and new training ground sites, and have (with others) mentioned in this thread that lots, if not most top teams are doing it.

My comment was more related to the post discussing the impact of size of pitch at the new stadium vs training, and probably misreading the bit about the players will have been using it at the training ground for years.

Will it be as easy repainting the lines on the training ground desso pitch? I don't know, but I wouldn't assume things have been planned that far ahead. The distance between pitches and landscaping/natural drainage may not be able to incorporate those extra few metres.... but then again maybe they will.

Also, a new generation of pitch technology may have been developed by the time the new stadium opens in which case I would guess that we'd be installing that at the training ground as well.

It's not just for 11 v 11 matches. It would make sense for set piece taking and defensive drills to take place on a pitch the same size (specifically the same width) as our home pitch.

I am sure I read something once about how Arsenal have a second pitch at their training ground that they adjust to the size of the pitch of their next away match so that they get properly used to those dimensions in the run up to the game.

Arsenal take things to a whole new level with the way they manage their training centre. Apart from one-offs only, its only the mens senior teamthat train there all of the time, with the womens and academy teams holding regular training at other sites. They have something like 17 groundstaff which is far higher than any other club, and rotate the training pitches so that they are used for about a month then given a couple of months rest before being used again.

Arsenal. They have something like 17 groundstaff which is far higher than any other club, and rotate the training pitches so that they are used for about a month then given a couple of months rest before being used again.

Fcking fckrs.

Why can't they just give up and bugger off back to Woolwich?

By the time we build our shiny new training centre they'll have a 3D Star Trek simulator with hologram stands and fans around the pitch, staring silently onward

Fcking fckrs.

Why can't they just give up and bugger off back to Woolwich?

By the time we build our shiny new training centre they'll have a 3D Star Trek simulator with hologram stands and fans around the pitch, staring silently onward

That's what they have now at the Emirates.

edit: Note to self. Read thread fully before being a smart ass.

Wembley deal is on for Spurs
Mar 11 2012 Alan Nixon

Tottenham will be offered the chance to play at Wembley NEXT SEASON - if the FA can do a deal to make Harry Redknapp their new England boss.

People Sport broke the story last week of the initial idea that would see a sensational 'swap', but now new details of how quickly the move could happen can be revealed.

Spurs could start work on re-building White Hart Lane in the summer and cut the costs of the exercise in HALF by building TWICE as fast as their original plan.

Supremo Daniel Levy was looking at a re-development of their famous home that would have seen gates cut during the renovation. But the switch to Wembley would let the whole job be carried out faster and without financial pain.

Insiders reveal that both sides have looked into the switch to the national stadium - and despite some initial objections it is certainly supported within the FA camp. The number-crunchers have even checked into the likelihood of Wembley being wanted for top events - like pop concerts - and there are no snags on that front next season either.

And the only factor to be worked out is how to split the gate money and corporate facilities for a possible 22 home games, including potentially three Champions League stage matches.

The amounts that some of those big occasions could earn - including possible showdowns with European might like Barcelona - are mind-boggling.

The normal cost of renting Wembley for these occasions is astronomic, but Spurs will be offered favourable terms if they 'trade' Redknapp and his compensation.

http://www.people.co...02039-23784675/

Mar 11 2012 Alan Nixon

Tottenham will be offered the chance to play at Wembley NEXT SEASON - if the FA can do a deal to make Harry Redknapp their new England boss.

People Sport broke the story last week of the initial idea that would see a sensational 'swap', but now new details of how quickly the move could happen can be revealed.

Spurs could start work on re-building White Hart Lane in the summer and cut the costs of the exercise in HALF by building TWICE as fast as their original plan.

Supremo Daniel Levy was looking at a re-development of their famous home that would have seen gates cut during the renovation. But the switch to Wembley would let the whole job be carried out faster and without financial pain.

Insiders reveal that both sides have looked into the switch to the national stadium - and despite some initial objections it is certainly supported within the FA camp. The number-crunchers have even checked into the likelihood of Wembley being wanted for top events - like pop concerts - and there are no snags on that front next season either.

And the only factor to be worked out is how to split the gate money and corporate facilities for a possible 22 home games, including potentially three Champions League stage matches.

The amounts that some of those big occasions could earn - including possible showdowns with European might like Barcelona - are mind-boggling.

The normal cost of renting Wembley for these occasions is astronomic, but Spurs will be offered favourable terms if they 'trade' Redknapp and his compensation.

I wonder if that means we could get people off the season list waiting list sooner. But what i do not get is they can not build the new stadium in a year surely so next summer we would still have to move into a half built stadium.

I might be wrong but that story does not add up to me.

Mar 11 2012 Alan Nixon

Next season? That can't be right. The advantage of going to wembley would be to avoid playing in a 2/3rds completed stadium..but that would only be in the second year of construction. Or are they saying if we went to Wembley that the whole new stadium could be built in one year?

I think thats what they mean.

We were going to build it piece meal due to football season constraints, seems the logic is that with that removed we can put the stadium up a lot faster

Mar 11 2012 Alan Nixon

:eek:

Er, wow.

Harry out!

WNSL are currently in discussion with Brent Council about extending the usage licence for the Stadium. At present, it's booked to capacity, so any talk of Spurs moving there - permanent or temporary - would be dependent on the outcome of any such discussions with Brent Council, in the first instance.

I don't believe the story has any foundation whatsoever, purely perhaps conjecture based on the background discussions. Some of the big event organisers have 20-yr deals in place with WNSL by the way, and you've have to imagine that - should WNSL succeed in increasing the capacity of its events licence - those organisers would expect first dibs.

Well you cant beat having the benefit of home advantage, would be like playing at a neutral venue for the first few games, like any Club at a new ground, and we would have to do it twice, but...the chance to play at Wembley at least 19 times, mmm?

Would be interesting if we reached the FA Cup semis or Carling Cup Final in that season. :-k

Playing at WEmbley would I think hurt us in terms of points given that I would imagine other teams would raise their game there. However it would get us more cash from gate receipts and if we could reduce the construction costs by tens of millions then it has to be worth it surely

Ha ha what a worthless story, that doesn't stack up at all

Also how on earth would it halve the costs if we built it in half the time? Makes no sense at all if you think about it

Yeah, I just bet the first publication Wembley or Spurs insiders turn to is The People.

Very creative thinking if true. Time is money and nowhere is that more true than in construction. Stadium builds often seem to be coping with some sort of unforeseen scheduling problems, whether it's related to labor strife, weather, material deliveries.

So this idea could be a huge incentive for Spurs.

I'd also bet the FA would just love to have a year where football - the core product that Wembley was built for - became a more regularly featured commodity that could temporarily displace all the sideshows and foofarah that they have to bring in to pay bills.

Well you cant beat having the benefit of home advantage, would be like playing at a neutral venue for the first few games, like any Club at a new ground, and we would have to do it twice, but...the chance to play at Wembley at least 19 times, mmm?

Would be interesting if we reached the FA Cup semis or Carling Cup Final in that season. :-k

Ten major trophies in 13 finals at Wembley says that IS our second home!

Am I the only one thinking that it sounds a bit far fetched to build the entire stadium in one year. It is a massive building after all...

Back