• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
I see another couple of issues in there. The guy is obviously a big personality:

"He does all the signings, he rejigged all the youth set up so now they all play the same tactics as the first team. He oversees the full project. We don’t have a DOF."

Will be be able to do that here? We all know the answer.

"He has no time for defensive, turgid approaches to games. We went into a game against Real Madrid with one pivot in the 6, two 8s, two wingers and inverted full backs. He has no fear and we love that."

We all want better football than what's been served up over the last 4 years. But does this fella border on naive? Playing attacking football in the SPL with Celtic is one thing, trying to go toe to toe with Emirates Marketing Project or an in form Liverpool could be suicidal.

I've liked listening to Ange and love his attitude but I'm not convinced.

Sounds like he is a hyped up Biesla ... might as well being back ossie or gerry Francis .... can't go toe to to with crystal Palace currently with the players that we have let alone city, Liverpool, arsenal etc

I see another couple of issues in there. The guy is obviously a big personality:

"He does all the signings, he rejigged all the youth set up so now they all play the same tactics as the first team. He oversees the full project. We don’t have a DOF."

"He has no time for defensive, turgid approaches to games. We went into a game against Real Madrid with one pivot in the 6, two 8s, two wingers and inverted full backs. He has no fear and we love that."

We all want better football than what's been served up over the last 4 years. But does this fella border on naive? Playing attacking football in the SPL with Celtic is one thing, trying to go toe to toe with Emirates Marketing Project or an in form Liverpool could be suicidal.

He’s attacking but not at all costs. He got exposed very early in Japan and Marinos flirted with relegation. He tweaked it and fixed things and the following season were completely dominant and won the league. It’s a similar story with all of his teams.

He’s attacking but not at all costs. He got exposed very early in Japan and Marinos flirted with relegation. He tweaked it and fixed things and the following season were completely dominant and won the league. It’s a similar story with all of his teams.
He’s sacked by the chairman if/when that happens here.

Sounds like he is a hyped up Biesla ... might as well being back ossie or gerry Francis .... can't go toe to to with crystal Palace currently with the players that we have let alone city, Liverpool, arsenal etc

The same could have been argued about Slot tbf.

He’s sacked by the chairman if/when that happens here.

It won’t get that bad. The J.League is way, way flakier. You get teams promoted from J2 winning the J1 the following season, and very good teams going down in other seasons.

There’s far worse teams in the PL.

It won’t get that bad. The J.League is way, way flakier. You get teams promoted from J2 winning the J1 the following season, and very good teams going down in other seasons.

There’s far worse teams in the PL.
I don't get you there? What you have posted suggests that it surely is the other way round? If promoted teams can win the top division immediately after coming up and top teams can go down then that suggests the quality there is much lower than here?

I don't get you there? What you have posted suggests that it surely is the other way round? If promoted teams can win the top division immediately after coming up and top teams can go down then that suggests the quality there is much lower than here?

Yes, that wasn’t very clear. Far worse teams than Spurs I meant.

Yes, that wasn’t very clear. Far worse teams than Spurs I meant.
Ah OK. Yes, there are worse teams (or certainly teams with worse players) in the PL than Spurs I agree.... but we've seen towards the end of this year what happens when a team with lower quality players but an ingrained system plays against a team struggling to implement a new manager's ideas. If the new manager starts badly then the odds are that he will be sacked.

Ah OK. Yes, there are worse teams (or certainly teams with worse players) in the PL than Spurs I agree.... but we've seen towards the end of this year what happens when a team with lower quality players but an ingrained system plays against a team struggling to implement a new manager's ideas. If the new manager starts badly then the odds are that he will be sacked.

Only if it goes disastrously for a sustained period imo.

Link doesn't work for me but I did see this one earlier on the hellhole that is SC... Interesting post though

Hello Spurs fans
I’m a Celtic fan and I’ve read this thread, mainly to see if any of you were ITK about Ange but a few comments need to be addressed.

A lot of you seem to be referencing Gerrard as a measure of success in Scotland. Gerrard won a single title and no cups in three seasons. It was 1 trophy out of 9 he competed for. He wasn’t a success, he was hyped up by his friends in the media because he’s Steven Gerrard. Ange won more than him in ten months. He’s currently on 4 trophies out of 5 with a cup final this weekend to make it 5 out of 6.

“Rangers have a bloke in charge that must have won a competition or something” is another comment that has stood out. After Gerrard left, Rangers appointed GVB who had won the league at Feyenoord… Isn’t that the same pedigree as the guy Slot you all wanted last week? He then took Rangers to a Europa league final 11 months ago.
This season we’ve won the league against a Rangers team that had over 90 points. A total that would have won the title 9 times out of 10. We did it by scoring a record number of goals. We beat them in a semi final and a cup final. As I said, they were in a Europa final… not a bad team you know, beating Dortmund, RB etc.

Rodger’s was a good manager who was up against incredibly poor competition. A Rangers side that had just returned to the league and had people like Mark Warburton I charge and Scottish players with no pedigree. His trebles do not compare to the one Ange is on the verge of winning and frankly his football was extremely boring for the most part and he had the personality and charisma of a dish cloth.

When Ange joined us we were also underwhelmed, our forums had splits down the middle too and we started the season really poorly going out of the CL to some Danish team and losing quite a few of our opening games but when it clicked, it clicked and I’ve watched some of the most exciting, dynamic and expansive football I’ve ever seen us play. The guy has a good ethos on how the game should be played which is quick, front foot, attacking football. It’s all about winning and winning playing the football he likes. He has no time for defensive, turgid approaches to games. We went into a game against Real Madrid with one pivot in the 6, two 8s, two wingers and inverted full backs. He has no fear and we love that. We play single pivot against everyone and we press really high up the pitch, 100 miles from the off with a lot of great rotations on each wing. We take quick free kicks, corners and throw ins. You can find a lot good examples of that play from these games:

I can understand your reservations although some of it does come across as slightly entitled but you’re a club that seems a bit lost, there’s no connection between fans, manager and players. You’ve had a lot of big time hires that haven’t worked out. This guy is probably exactly what you should be looking for. He really unites the team and the fans together, he’s a passionate guy with incredible presence. Our players will run through walls for him but they are also brick scared of him. He has no time for egomaniacs or primadonnas. He’ll weed them out fast.
Lastly, this man is a mentality monster. You are criticising his lack of pedigree. Wake up, do you know how difficult it is for a guy who’s managing in Australia to get noticed? There’s a bias towards managers from Europe or in Europe. The Morocco manager referenced it during the World Cup.
Ange has had no help, no leg up ala Gerrard, Lampard etc. He started off with Australia U17s and now he could become the first Australian to manage in the EPL. He rocked up at Celtic with not one member of staff. He backs himself like you wouldn’t believe and people follow this guy, he gets everyone on board. As for Levy, Ange is in charge of everything at Celtic. He does all the signings, he rejigged all the youth set up so now they all play the same tactics as the first team. He oversees the full project. We don’t have a DOF.

Absolutely desperate for him to stay at Celtic but I know the nature of the beast. We worship him like a GHod. I’ve never known a manager to be so in sync with the fans. We know Ange though and he’ll be very keen on being the first Aussie to manage in the EPL given everything he’s had to overcome to get here.

Anybody remembers that Wolves fan who came on here to tell us we got ourselves a very good manager in Nuno...?

I was never on the Ange bandwagon, even though he's a fellow Greek, and I don't know much about him, but let's list the pros and cons based on what we have all heard or read:

Pros:
  • He has won everywhere he has managed, in most cases completely turning teams around
  • He is adored by the fans and players of every team he has managed
  • He plays modern attacking football
  • He improves players
  • He is a great communicator
  • He is a bigger-than-life figure that takes no BS from anyone
  • And since we admire how well Brighton is run, he was one of Brighton's two preferred options (possibly the preferred option, depending on what you choose to believe) after Potter left

Cons:
  • But he's only managed in Scotland, Japan, and Australia
  • He's 57
  • He's Australian

So yeah, when you compare the pros and cons, it's really daft of us to even consider him. :rolleyes:

I was never on the Ange bandwagon, even though he's a fellow Greek, and I don't know much about him, but let's list the pros and cons based on what we have all heard or read:

Pros:
  • He has won everywhere he has managed, in most cases completely turning teams around
  • He improves players
  • And since we admire how well Brighton is run, he was one of Brighton's two preferred options (possibly the preferred option, depending on what you choose to believe) after Potter left

Cons:
  • He's 57
  • He's Australian

So yeah, when you compare the pros and cons, it's really daft of us to even consider him. :rolleyes:
All I kept reading on here was ' I don't care about trophies, just want to enjoy attractive style of football'.

Now here's a guy we potentially want, who plays an attacking style and has a track record of changing a clubs fortunes but a lot of our fans still whinge. Have seen plenty turn their nose up at Nagelsman, Potter and many others. I honestly think a lot of fans are looking for this magical perfect manager that doesn't exist....

I had no idea that Brighton were after him when Potter left.

We need to be so much more like Brighton in our approach - unearthing hidden talent, taking a punt on exciting managers

The hire the established manager just hasn't worked for us at all.

Please tell me more about the winners from Scottish football. I'm not slating Ange to be clear, i just expect us to be aiming a bit higher?

#
4524.jpg

This next guy went unbeaten in the League didn't he? maybe let's give him a call?

View attachment 15576

Yep. Think Todger had a far more successful record at Celtic than Ange does as well - they have between two and eight games a season that actually matter in that tinpot league of theirs, and those are the CL games + games against Rangers. Think Ange was winless and got knocked out of Europe both years, and he lost 3-0 to Rangers a while back.

This is the cheap option, imo. If we indeed want him, we're picking him because he's cheap and easily cowed, same as Nuno. Which makes his odds of success pretty low, just like Nuno.

He's 2023's Nuno, except Nuno actually managed in a competitive league and did decently for a while.

Pros:
  • He improves players

Cons:
  • He's 57
  • He's Australian

The trouble is that the pros need to be weighted against the level at which he has been working - when you're working in a league further down the ladder there's much more scope for improvement compared to stronger leagues where the standards are higher

I just want us to do something quick. Make a choice and run with it. Mason or Ange or whomever. We all want better football. So a change of tactics etc is going to take all pre-season to implement and for the new manager to get used to the players ( if its not mason ) so we need to get moving. I do believe we have and still do a lot of players not being used correctly who could swing this team around. We wont have europe so one game a week is going to give the new manager so time to go every game. Just please levy. don't drag this out all summer. That's all I want.

All I kept reading on here was ' I don't care about trophies, just want to enjoy attractive style of football'.

Now here's a guy we potentially want, who plays an attacking style and has a track record of changing a clubs fortunes but a lot of our fans still whinge. Have seen plenty turn their nose up at Nagelsman, Potter and many others. I honestly think a lot of fans are looking for this magical perfect manager that doesn't exist....

There are guys in non-league that tell their teams to just go out and play - would you be happy having them as our manager?

There are probably coaches in all corners of the world that can do that - not hard to do what Redknapp did and just let the players vibe. But appointing the record champion of, say, the Zimbabwean third division or the Kazakh Intramural Championship is probably not your idea of competence. Same with Ange.

There are guys in non-league that tell their teams to just go out and play - would you be happy having them as our manager?

There are probably coaches in all corners of the world that can do that - not hard to do what Redknapp did and just let the players vibe. But appointing the record champion of, say, the Zimbabwean third division or the Kazakh Intramural Championship is probably not your idea of competence. Same with Ange.

He’s the best candidate left that enic have the ability to identify, that can work in the constraints enic put on the club and who would be willing to work medium to long term within those constraints.

Therefore he has my full backing whilst enic (unfortunately) remain the owners of the club.

Does that mean we should ignore all managers that come with a positive message from a fan?

Not at all but it's just an opinion - and a biased one, at that, when it comes to Gerrard's achievements. You can't dismiss everything in the media saying there's nothing to back it up and take a post (however long) on an Internet message board as gospel. With a little research, I can write a long post on any manager and he'll look like a good fit at Emirates Marketing Project too. It's the same with YouTube videos: anyone's a world-beater, if you know how to make a cut.

I'm not saying he should be ignored. I'm not even saying it doesn't add anything to the debate. All I'm saying is, it's just another post in a long, long thread. The Wolves fan looked like he knew Nuno inside out and his views were far more balanced than this fan's. At the end of the day, he was proved wrong but that's not to say he was an idiot or he didn't know what he was talking about. He knew Nuno very well. Spurs, not so much.

Back